PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf Glock frame?

bigbore40
03-06-11, 11:34
Anyone running the lone wolf frame ? What do you guys think about these .

varoadking
03-07-11, 03:00
It's a novelty piece as far as I'm concerned. The overall finish quality is not up to Glock standards, and the rear ledge is a real oddity.

It's perfect for an Advantage Arms conversion kit and functions fine. Not certain I'd build a high end piece around it though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/varoadking/guns/LoneWolf001.jpg

Omega Man
03-07-11, 15:19
How does the grip feel, compared to a Glock 17?

C4IGrant
03-07-11, 16:03
I really like the grip (compared to a GEN 3) and understand that the latest generation fixed the bugs that the earlier versions had.

I would like to build a Glock from the ground up with this frame, but am just to busy to do it.

C4

Amontgomery
03-07-11, 17:32
I was looking at these for a base for a 9mm build for my wife. I have a G17 and I love it, and I would like to have parts compatibility between our guns, but a G17 is a bit big to fit her hand.

For those of you that have them, is it any smaller at the top of the grip (easier to reach the trigger while maintaining a steady hold for small hands)?

varoadking
03-07-11, 19:38
How does the grip feel, compared to a Glock 17?

With the larger backstrap, it's far more comfortable than a Gen3 as far as I'm concerned. It's too small with the flat backstrap, again, IMHO.

I really like the grip (compared to a GEN 3) and understand that the latest generation fixed the bugs that the earlier versions had.

I have one of the first releases and you wouldn't know they had any issues based on my experience.

I would like to build a Glock from the ground up with this frame, but am just to busy to do it.

They're really not all that hard to put together...

SpookyPistolero
03-03-12, 19:02
THREAD NECROMANCER!

It's been a year since this thread was born; anyone with good mileage on one of these frames now? New reports?

This is a data poor area it seems, but I'm interested in putting together a 'G17' with this frame and a LW slide.

oldtexan
03-03-12, 20:19
THREAD NECROMANCER!

It's been a year since this thread was born; anyone with good mileage on one of these frames now? New reports?

This is a data poor area it seems, but I'm interested in putting together a 'G17' with this frame and a LW slide.

My wife's nightstand gun is a Lone Wolf frame (Ser # AAA47X)with a 2007-vintage G17 upper on it. It has all Glock OEM guts inside, except the mag release button which is proprietary, and which LW provided with the frame. It has to use an SF ejector housing (which LW also provided) because of the slimmer profile in that area of the grip compared to a Glock. We've put about 1600 rds of various factory ammo through it including about 300 rds of our defense load, Fed 147 gr std pressure HST, P9HST2. It's had zero stoppages.

A stock G17 (or G19 for that matter) was simply too big for her hands, and the LW frame fits her hands well. It has a different feel from a stock Glock frame; the finish is less slick than Glock polymer, and the grip angle is not Glock-like. Magazines don't exactly click into place like they do with a stock Glock frame. We experienced a couple of inadvertent magazine ejections early on until I trimmed back the mag release button; it now resembles a stock Glock mag release button.

It would probably be a bit cheaper and achieve practically the same purpose just to do a grip reduction on an otherwise stock Glock.