PDA

View Full Version : Larue lower. Input please.

Interventionist
03-06-11, 12:10
Have a Larue lower coming. Would appriciate input on lower parts kit to install (or avoid). This will be a SPR type build with the stealth 16in. upper. This will be a duty gun(Sheriffs dept) so I am looking for a reliable system with the best trigger pull. Thank you for your time and experience.

spamsammich
03-06-11, 12:37
G&R lpk minus trigger, geissele ssa trigger. /thread.

Belmont31R
03-06-11, 12:42
G&R lpk minus trigger, geissle ssa trigger. /thread.

Sounds like a good combo.

OP-

Id also take a look at the KAC ambi safety/selector kit.

nickdrak
03-06-11, 14:17
I would also recommend the G&R Tactical LPK. I also highly recommend the BattleArmsDevelopment BAD-ASS ambi selector: http://battlearmsdevelopment.com/badass.php

As far as the trigger goes, without knowing what your department restrictions on triggers is and what specific role this rifle will play, I cant really give an educated recommendation. When you say "SPR" I assume you will be mounting a medium power magnified scope on it?

Interventionist
03-06-11, 20:01
Thank you for the recomendations. No match or jewel triggers. Nothing below 4lb. break. Will be outfitted with nightforce 1x4 nxs. Use will be as a marksmans rifle in urban settings.

nickdrak
03-06-11, 20:14
That would pretty much eliminate any triggers from Geissele as they all break at below 4lbs I believe. If you call them directly I'm sure they can build one that will break at just over 4lbs if that is what you require.. Wilson Combat has a drop-in LE Single stage trigger that breaks at 5lbs. I have not tried one so I can't give you my impressions. I run a Spike's nickle boron "BattleTrigger" with a set of JP trigger/hammer/disconnector springs. Mine breaks right at 4.5lbs

RyanB
03-07-11, 00:00
The Geissele High Power triggers break at 4.5 plus, as that is required by the rules of that game.

nickdrak
03-07-11, 00:03
The Geissele High Power triggers break at 4.5 plus, as that is required by the rules of that game.

That would be considered a "Match" trigger, no?

SA80Dan
03-07-11, 09:30
That would pretty much eliminate any triggers from Geissele as they all break at below 4lbs I believe. If you call them directly I'm sure they can build one that will break at just over 4lbs if that is what you require.. Wilson Combat has a drop-in LE Single stage trigger that breaks at 5lbs. I have not tried one so I can't give you my impressions. I run a Spike's nickle boron "BattleTrigger" with a set of JP trigger/hammer/disconnector springs. Mine breaks right at 4.5lbs

The 'combat' type 2 stage triggers from geissele are also right around 4.5lb total. SSA and SD-C.

Birddog1911
03-07-11, 09:35
You could certainly do a lot worse than Geissele. I think that their 3-gun breaks over 4#. If that's one of the ones above, sorry.

SA80Dan
03-07-11, 09:42
You could certainly do a lot worse than Geissele. I think that their 3-gun breaks over 4#. If that's one of the ones above, sorry.

No - the 3 Gun one is about 3.5lb. No need to speculate on this stuff - Geissele's Trigger summary sheet can be found here:

http://geissele.com/applicationguide.aspx

Stickman
03-07-11, 11:22

My duty SSA is right around 5lbs, I wanted something heavier than the stock SSA (4.5lbs).

Birddog1911
03-07-11, 11:28
No - the 3 Gun one is about 3.5lb. No need to speculate on this stuff - Geissele's Trigger summary sheet can be found here:

http://geissele.com/applicationguide.aspx

Thanks for bailing me out; was trying to take care of a couple of things at one time, and didn't get to checking for sure.

Pontif
03-11-11, 08:04
I am having a hard time finding the oversized mag release and the ambi selector. Everything seems to be on back order.

Anyone know where these items might be found?

Interventionist
03-12-11, 18:34
Thank you all for your input. This has given me several ways to go. Has anyone had experience with the Wilson trigger?

transition2secondary
03-12-11, 18:59
G&R lpk minus trigger, geissele ssa trigger. /thread.

This is exactly what I put on my LaRue build as well. Perfect combo. I have the LaRue lower with a 16 inch Stealth upper as well. You'll love it!

chang-man
03-13-11, 14:36
A+ for Geissele ssa trigger.