PDA

View Full Version : BCM Married to Quentin/ Nice Match

DrScooter
03-06-11, 21:43
No pictures and as yet have not taken a shot but, I just joined a BCM 16 inch CHF with a Quentin Defense Forged complete lower. Phase one, it's seems a perfect fit.

Last year I had purchased my first AR and I wanted to do distance off the bench. I got a Bushmaster Predator. I know they get some mixed reviews but it really was a very nice right out of the box tack driver, much better than my skills.

After awhile (and lots of reading on this forum) I wanted a carbine and aquired a BCM with all the trimmings (CHF barrel), mated to my Bushy lower. All in all pretty content, but as tax return time came near I started looking for a lower. I ended up with a Quentin Defense (http://quentin-laser.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=2&products_id=212) lower. :big_boss: can't say yet other than both components together look good. Fit seems good, man I just did a complete build pushing in two pins.

For those who know more (99.9% of you) does it sound like I done did OK? I could find all I wanted to know about BCM but almost nothing on Quentin Defense.

DrScooter
03-07-11, 21:23
I was hoping to get some input on a Quentin Defense Complete Forged Lower :big_boss: I know almost nothing about them, a few spoke up and gave the praise, are they that rare? The price seemed too good, paid $209 delivered to my FFL (link above) I did not see anything except the "plastic" Plum Crazy for less. The Quentin Defense Forged lowers seem pretty nice, just looking for a bit of a clue for the cluelss.:sarcastic:

Quentin
03-08-11, 00:24
Quentin Defense is a good company and for some strange reason I love the name! :p Also I lived in Gilbert, AZ for a while so maybe I should get one too.

They're more known for their billet receivers but there's no reason to suspect their forged stripped lowers have problems. The thing that does make me raise an eyebrow is the lowball price for the complete lower. They had to cut corners on the LPK and M4 stock (is the receiver extension milspec?) I suspect you may need to upgrade a few things.

Anyway, I think you "done did OK" with the BCM upper and Quentin lower. Let us know how it works out for you!

Birddog1911
03-08-11, 08:40
Come on now, where are the pics?

First I've heard of this company, I'm gonna have to check them out.

johnd3906
03-10-11, 05:57
Post some pics, I'm contenplating buying a qd lower.

Evil Bert
03-10-11, 07:21
Dude, you can't post a thread about how something looks without posting pics to go with it. If you don't have the pics, don't start the thread until you do. It's just common curtesy...:no:

d90king
03-10-11, 07:47
What is the purpose of this thread? Stop wasting peoples time and bandwidth. Why would you ask for an opinion on a product AFTER you bought it. If you are looking for validation for your decision, look elsewhere.

If you take the time to help yourself, you will be much better off in the long run. Don't be lazy, do the work that others do and research, research and then do some more research.

DrScooter
03-13-11, 06:18
Sorry, I did take some pictures (not too good) but I will post them, just had a family problem. My sweet little old mother fell when I was picking her up at the airport and broke a shoulder. It gets more and more complex but I had to get an LPN in for a bit. Plus a friend who lives in Tokyo and my wife son in Hawaii, speaking of tsunami's which we were not. That, work and an up-coming trip well sorry. I did post a link to the Qentin site, honest thier pictures is better than mine, however; the Quentin Link and the lower picture from the Quentin site, I'll post mine (soon) too.

:agree: http://quentin-laser.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=2&products_id=212

DrScooter
03-13-11, 06:42
What is the purpose of this thread? Stop wasting peoples time and bandwidth. Why would you ask for an opinion on a product AFTER you bought it. If you are looking for validation for your decision, look elsewhere.

If you take the time to help yourself, you will be much better off in the long run. Don't be lazy, do the work that others do and research, research and then do some more research.

Well that's just me, I don't hang with too many people who shoot. I know several people who are LEO but the first handgun I ever shot was the CZ PCR I bought, shooting targets now 12 or so years. The first Harley I ever rode was the Sportster I purchased (been riding now 35 years), same with my SKS, AK and several other weapons and toys. I've spent a couple years considering an AR I've read quite a bit but I tend to buy on gut feeling since I don't share my hobbies with others, it seems. Just looking for opinions, I was planning to share my experience and thoughts, I sure don't get a warm fuzzy feeling here?