PDA

View Full Version : source for spare SLR-106 bolts

BaronFitz
03-07-11, 17:25
I poked around online for a spare bolt for my SLR-106F recently, and came up empty. K-Var doesn't have them (the only 5.56 bolt they have in stock is for Saiga rifles). Are there any alternatives out there, or should I just wait for them to stock more bolts? I'm considering an AK course, and would feel a little better if I had a spare bolt, just in case.

On a related note, what does the "bolt" assembly include? As I recall Arsenal guns have a spring retained firing pin that's unique to them. I assume that buying a bolt will include the extractor and firing pin. Am I right?

Thanks!

TOrrock
03-07-11, 17:32
K-Var would be your only source. I'd actually give them a call, sometimes they have stuff that's not online.

AK's aren't like AR's. Each bolt needs to be fitted and head spaced, so carrying a spare bolt to a class isn't really going to help you.

I've never, ever seen a bolt fail on an AK, but if it makes you feel better, picking up a spare extractor, extractor spring, firing pin and firing pin spring might not be a bad idea.

BaronFitz
03-07-11, 17:40
Thanks for the info...I thought the bolt looked more than a bit over-engineered compared to my ARs. I'll look into picking up the parts you suggested...so far I think the extractor is in good shape. It vigorously flings brass a good 10 yards to my right.

kal
03-07-11, 17:58
AK's aren't like AR's. Each bolt needs to be fitted and head spaced, so carrying a spare bolt to a class isn't really going to help you.

Why is that?