PDA

View Full Version : Violent crime spikes after Camden halves police force

Caeser25
03-07-11, 21:50
"I can't tell you we're seeing an increase in crime because of the layoffs," Thomas Garrity Jr., the prosecutor's office investigations chief, told the paper

of course not :blink: the could always draft some new gun laws :rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110307/us_yblog_thelookout/violent-crime-spikes-after-camden-halves-police-force

variablebinary
03-07-11, 21:59
"I can't tell you we're seeing an increase in crime because of the layoffs," Thomas Garrity Jr., the prosecutor's office investigations chief, told the paper

of course not :blink: the could always draft some new gun laws :rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110307/us_yblog_thelookout/violent-crime-spikes-after-camden-halves-police-force

Camden should have been nuked from orbit 20 years ago. For like 5 years in a row they were producing the dumbest people in the union. That's something to be proud of.

Add it to the list of places that need to be burned to the ground and resettled along with St. Louis and Detroit

rickrock305
03-07-11, 23:57
Camden was never a nice place.

armakraut
03-08-11, 04:36
At this point they don't need more cops, they need something like executive outcomes or the A-team.

Alex V
03-08-11, 07:38
Living in NJ I can tell you that Camden has been a shit hole for as long as I have known. It had the highest murder rate in tue country for more than a couple of years.

I took my GF to a Brad Paisley consert in Camden... holy poop was it fun driving home at night after the show! I must have ran 3 red lights because I did not want to stop seeing as how I could not have a weapon on me.

I'm okay with having the city walled in and distroyed.

Littlelebowski
03-08-11, 15:46
Another bullshit union power play.

dhrith
03-08-11, 21:57
"I can't tell you we're seeing an increase in crime because of the layoffs," Thomas Garrity Jr., the prosecutor's office investigations chief, told the paper.

Wow, there's one dumb sumbitch.

And I can't tell you if they're getting over paid or not. But I'd probably tell someone to get bent too if they asked me to take a 20% pay cut. ESPECIALLY, if the guy asking wasn't willing to do the same.

11B101ABN
03-09-11, 06:11
A crappy city in a crappy state. **** em.

Littlelebowski
03-09-11, 06:52
"I can't tell you we're seeing an increase in crime because of the layoffs," Thomas Garrity Jr., the prosecutor's office investigations chief, told the paper.

Wow, there's one dumb sumbitch.

And I can't tell you if they're getting over paid or not. But I'd probably tell someone to get bent too if they asked me to take a 20% pay cut. ESPECIALLY, if the guy asking wasn't willing to do the same.

I don't think you've been reading about union power plays.

rubberneck
03-09-11, 08:25
It's all bullshit NJ politics. When towns have budget issues the first people they threaten to lay off are the police and firefighters. They do that and then tell the electorate that the blood will be on their hands because they weren't willing to pay more in taxes.

You see threatening to lay off half the parks and rec. department or half the tax collectors doesn't give you enough traction so you go after the jobs that most people equate with their own personal security.

I am sure some pro-Union hack politician will be along shortly to blame Christie for the situation in Camden and then demand that the Governor send more money to restore those jobs. When told by the Governor that there is no money left to give they will undoubtedly demand that the people in the suburbs need to pay their "fair share". In NJ politics the suburbs carry an unfair tax burden because the suburbs are wealthier but the cities have more voters. The lazy bastards in the cities have learned that all the need to do to keep the gravy train rolling is to elect officials that will tax the shit out of suburbs to subsidize their life style.

One of the reasons why I left the state was because my property tax bill went up 85% in 9 years but an increasingly larger portion of my property taxes were taken out of my local school district and sent to Newark, Paterson, Jersey City, Camden, etc while at the same time they were laying off teachers in our school district because of budget deficits. I give Christie credit for trying to break the cycle but he will fail and the cities will be back to business as usual in two and a half years and the people in the suburbs with options will leave. In a couple years time NJ will look just like California.

Sry0fcr
03-09-11, 09:25
After union-city negotiations broke down in January, the city fired nearly every officer hired after 1998, following the union-dictated seniority layoff policy. So the remaining police force of 200 officers is middle-aged.

"They love seeing a 40-year-old cop get out of that car instead of a 24-year-old guy who can actually chase them down," an unnamed police officer told the Times, referring to criminals.

Hindsight really is 20/20 isn't it?