PDA

View Full Version : Laser suggestion for g19

WaterChunker
03-07-11, 22:39
Does anyone have some laser suggestions for a gen 4 glock 19. I only want a laser that mounts under the barrel, i don't like the way the lasers at the back of the gun look.

D. Christopher
03-08-11, 00:58

WaterChunker
03-08-11, 01:17
I'm not based solely on looks, but it is my gun and I do want it to look attractive to me. I'm not a fan of lasers that mount to the grip at the rear. I just want something that will mount to the rail under the barrel that is good quality. I don't know maybe the rear's could grow on me need to look more into it.

RancidSumo
03-08-11, 01:20
Looks don't matter. Buy what is the most functional and don't worry about how it looks.

skyugo
03-08-11, 02:51
the crimson trace grips actually work pretty nicely.
The only guide rod laser i've messed with used the takedown lever as the switch. very difficult to turn it on and off.
In my opinion the crimson trace is probably the most elegant solution.

mike benedict
03-08-11, 06:22
the Crimson Trace laser guards work very well. I have several and I like them better that the traditional Crimson Trace grip lasers.

NeoItaly
03-08-11, 06:48
I have a Crimson Trace on my Sig that I posted yesterday on the forum. It works great and is very smooth to operate.

John_Wayne777
03-08-11, 07:18
The CT laser won't interfere with the function of the weapon (the guide rod laser can) and its the easiest to use. The weapon will also fit in the holster with the CT laser installed, where the rail mounted lasers will not. It may not be the most visually appealing option, but it is by far the best in terms of function.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

GJM
03-08-11, 08:06
The grip mounted laser will have much less mechanical offset than the rail mounted one, making the laser much more useful at a range of shooting distances.

Magic_Salad0892
03-08-11, 13:04
My only complaint about CT lasers, is that you're putting pressure on the activation button regardless of whether or not the laser is on.

I think it's possible that it could effect long term durability.

However, I like them, and use them. They work very well. But learn how to use a laser first.

D. Christopher
03-08-11, 22:22

novak1911freak
03-09-11, 09:34
I'm not based solely on looks, but it is my gun and I do want it to look attractive to me. I'm not a fan of lasers that mount to the grip at the rear. I just want something that will mount to the rail under the barrel that is good quality. I don't know maybe the rear's could grow on me need to look more into it.

No offense but I think worrying about whether your gun is attractive or not is silly..... I certainly am not one of the battle hardened subject matter experts on this forum but they have a lot of knowledge and the last thing they are worried about when they do their jobs is 'shooting cool'.... If you are so worried about what your gun looks like, I think you should sell all of your guns and go out and buy a classic Ferrari, take it home and rub it with a diaper.....

If not, you should seriously look into CT lasers as previously mentioned.... they even have a model that clamshells over the trigger guard for the g19 so the laser sits under the bore like you want.....

http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Products/GLOCK/LG436/tabid/412/Default.aspx

above is a link to the model.....

WaterChunker
03-09-11, 09:53
I think you should sell all of your guns and go out and buy a classic Ferrari, take it home and rub it with a diaper.....

If not, you should seriously look into CT lasers as previously mentioned.... they even have a model that clamshells over the trigger guard for the g19 so the laser sits under the bore like you want.....

http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Products/GLOCK/LG436/tabid/412/Default.aspx

above is a link to the model.....

Why a Ferrari when I own a lightning :)! I don't plan on jumping into ww3 anytime soon. The laser is mainly more or less for the range,..when i carry it wont be on the gun. I just want it to improve 2 eye shooting and what not and get my muscle memory in check.

Yea I saw that and am giving it a look.

Whats wrong with wanting to like the way my gun looks? That's like telling someone why buy a Ferrari when you can get a Yugo that cost much less and still gets you from point A to B. I stated previously I wasn't a fan but if the reviews of the other laser are good it could grow on me.

novak1911freak
03-09-11, 10:27
Whats wrong with wanting to like the way my gun looks? That's like telling someone why buy a Ferrari when you can get a Yugo that cost much less and still gets you from point A to B. I stated previously I wasn't a fan but if the reviews of the other laser are good it could grow on me.

You're right, there's nothing wrong with wanting to like the way a gun looks... but when it precludes you from looking seriously into pieces of quality kit because you don't like the way it looks is entering into the realm of the tacti-gay crowd... like I said, I mean no offense and regardless of what you find, I hope it works for you.....

WaterChunker
03-09-11, 10:36
You're right, there's nothing wrong with wanting to like the way a gun looks... but when it precludes you from looking seriously into pieces of quality kit because you don't like the way it looks is entering into the realm of the tacti-gay crowd... like I said, I mean no offense and regardless of what you find, I hope it works for you.....

Definitely not in the tacti-cool crowd. I read up on reviews and of lg-346 and people seem to love it.

diggo
03-11-11, 14:40
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-5mw-Laser-sight-red-dot-for-Glock-17-19-23-22-21_W0QQitemZ380322317107QQcategoryZ106974QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D380321320241%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7668015723322591447

Has anyone seen this one before? It seems kind of cheep. This may be something you may like to try?

John_Wayne777
03-11-11, 18:30
Whats wrong with wanting to like the way my gun looks?

If the time comes where you actually have to draw the weapon and use it to stop the hostile actions of someone who is trying to take your life, I guarantee that in that moment you won't care what your gun looks like. Lasers have proven to be enormously beneficial in helping good guys direct bullets into the vital anatomy of bad guys, especially in conditions of low light.

Having one on your pistol and knowing how to use it gives you an advantage. It's worth noting that the only advantage you're likely to have in a real fight is the one you've given yourself ahead of time.

I like pretty guns, too....I have a nickel plated S&W model 27 I acquired for a song that I sometimes just look at because it's so damn pretty.

...then when I need to go somewhere I put it away and put on my P30. Nowhere near as pretty, but by any measure much better as a tool for making someone who wants to kill you knock it off already. The only reason it doesn't have a laser on it is because CT doesn't make a laser for it.

Yet.

The idea that lasers are range toys or are only useful for dryfire training persists out there...but I'm telling you flat out: It's not true. When you put forth the effort to learn to use one, there is no faster, or more accurate way to get an aiming reference in low light. I don't know of anyone who has used a visible laser in a gunfight that has emerged on the other side sorry that they had it or complaining about the aesthetics.