PDA

View Full Version : "If a gun could talk..." Mine DID!, Got a LE trade-in M&P .40

Cincinnatus
03-08-11, 09:20
Got a LE trade-in M&P .40, with night sights (Trijicon) for $439 at Cabelas in Fort Worth, serial MPMXXXX (made in 2007). Only came with one mag, but when I got it home and changed backstraps (the large was on it and I use the Medium), I saw engraved underneath "Property of Kenner, LAPD."
Nice to know where this gun has been!

Spiffums
03-08-11, 16:39
Dang I was about to call an old priest and a young priest because your possessed gun was talking......:D:haha:

I got a used USP 45 that is a police trade in they are looking up for me at the shop.

darr3239
03-08-11, 17:01
That's pretty cool. You can get with LAPD and see if you can contact him just for fun. Who knows what you will find out.

I actually prefer used guns, even ex-police and military. I like the worn look, since it's proof the gun was actually used for what the manufacturer intended. I'm not a collector, I'm a shooter, and it's a good way to maximize the dollars spent.

It's also a misnomer that they may be worn out. Most cop guns aren't shot for much more than qualification, and those cops who are gun enthusiasts just broke them in further. Regardless of make, they probably function better than one that's new in the box.

B.K.
03-08-11, 18:03
Pretty sweet!!

DocGKR
03-09-11, 14:50
Might be Kenner, LA PD; not LAPD in CA...

Cincinnatus
03-09-11, 15:15

Yeah, that could be. Thanks for pointing that out.

Gecko_764
03-09-11, 16:41
Nevermind... I got it.

Cincinnatus
03-21-11, 01:50

Turns out you are exactly right, as usual, Doc. I went back and double checked, and the engraving has some punctuation I missed before: it says "Kenner, LA P.D." So it is indeed Kenner, Louisiana.