PDA

View Full Version : Father vows to kill his son's murderer

Travis B
03-08-11, 09:53
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/08/father-says-murder-5-year-olds-killer/

This is a hard situation for the family of the victim. I'm not going to express what I would do, but I have to sympathize with the father.

Cincinnatus
03-08-11, 10:13
+1 on that
"Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed."

QuietShootr
03-08-11, 10:17
Needs less advance warning and more SSS.

Cincinnatus
03-08-11, 10:19
Needs less advance warning and more SSS.

Agreed--unless he is hoping his threat will ensure the bastard stays in the whole 40. Personally, I think 40 years for what he did is an outrageously light sentence. Think of all the resources expended to keep this POS alive when a .25 cent bullet could have taken him off everybody's hands.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-08-11, 10:22
For his own protection, Woodmansee served nearly all of the last 28 years of his sentence in prisons in Massachusetts instead of Rhode Island, but returned to the state last week, the newspaper said.

Let's hope that someone in RI prisons gets some Charles Bronson points for good behavior and not playing well with others.

Travis B
03-08-11, 10:23
Let's hope that someone in RI prisons gets some Charles Bronson points for good behavior and not playing well with others.

Or gets a big pat on the back from the father for doing what he already plans to do.

QuietShootr
03-08-11, 10:23
Agreed--unless he is hoping his threat will ensure the bastard stays in the whole 40. Personally, I think 40 years for what he did is an outrageously light sentence. Think of all the resources expended to keep this POS alive when a .25 cent bullet could have taken him off everybody's hands.

Yeah, I guess. I think a better public statement (if one was required) might have been "Mr. XXX has paid his debt to society. The system has spoken, and our family has forgiven him for his actions. We will have no further comments."

then it would be time to get creative.

Cincinnatus
03-08-11, 10:25
Yeah, I guess. I think a better public statement (if one was required) might have been "Mr. XXX has paid his debt to society. The system has spoken, and our family has forgiven him for his actions. We will have no further comments."

then it would be time to get creative.
:laugh: Evil dracula laugh.

Rmplstlskn
03-08-11, 10:51
The father is going to be a prime suspect in the death or missing person case anyways, so why not be up front and public about it and give the scum bag something to look forward to, and the rest of us a smile of knowing agreement for the big balls that father has...

I'm sure most of us in our minds knows exactly what we would do if our young child was killed so terribly...

He will need the same alibi and witnesses no matter if it is secret or public... As well as a clue-less crime scene, or no crime scene at all.... They still need evidense to prosecute, as threats are useless without evidense...

Rmpl

austinN4
03-08-11, 11:32
The father is going to be a prime suspect in the death or missing person case anyways,....
Why make it easy? The public statement was a mistake.

ETA: The public death threat makes it premeditated vs a lesser charge.

Travis B
03-08-11, 11:42
Why make it easy? The public statement was a mistake.
Yeah I believe I would keep all death threats to myself. YMMV

SteyrAUG
03-08-11, 12:08

I agree. I think he is just trying to add undue risk to the early release. And if you are gonna pull this kind of stuff, this is how it is done. No warning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi3Hyxuf5AE

Travis B
03-08-11, 12:13
I agree. I think he is just trying to add undue risk to the early release. And if you are gonna pull this kind of stuff, this is how it is done. No warning.

Only 5 years probation, that's reasonable.

This whole story reminds me of Taken. I'll probably be watching it tonight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvUxdQ4q-Lg

500grains
03-08-11, 12:23
If I were on a jury I would vote not guilty for any of these dads.

Oscar 319
03-08-11, 12:41
Nevermind. Link already posted above.

Rmplstlskn
03-08-11, 13:01
And if you are gonna pull this kind of stuff, this is how it is done. No warning.

That, IMO, is the last option, as he got arrested after the shooting. But since the kidnapper/molester was in custody, that may be the only option he had...

Plus, I would WANT him to know why and understand what was about to happen... An unsuspecting gunshot to the head is too easy on the bad guy.

Ideally, one would want it done and still be a free man, case filled as unsolved...

Rmpl

variablebinary
03-08-11, 13:05
I would torture him in ways you can't imagine. He would suffer for days and beg for death.

armakraut
03-08-11, 14:41
"I do wish we could chat longer, but... I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye."

11B101ABN
03-08-11, 15:48
Curiously absent is any response from any official office on the matter.

My rage would know no bounds.

ShortytheFirefighter
03-08-11, 16:14
A decompression chamber would do the trick. I was a commercial diver for a while and while I never got bent I knew a few guys who had been and they said it wasn't something they'd want to repeat.

I think John Kelly did the same thing in Without Remorse.

bkb0000
03-08-11, 16:21

i agree, and its the first thing i thought when i read the article. threats of violence are for the purpose of getting a result. hes not saying hes going to kill the guy- hes saying hes going to kill the guy if. he may even have been approached by someone... "this guy is getting out unless we have a plausible reason to keep him locked up. wanna help?" who knows.

RWK
03-08-11, 21:22
threats of violence are for the purpose of getting a result. hes not saying hes going to kill the guy- hes saying hes going to kill the guy if.

Sort of -- threats directed at impersonal targets (politicians, celebrities, etc.) generally carry little weight. Threats directed at a personal or intimate target (spouse/intimate partners, fellow employees, your son's murderer... etc.) carry considerably more weight.

Travis B
03-08-11, 21:26
Sort of -- threats directed at impersonal targets (politicians, celebrities, etc.) generally carry little weight. Threats directed at a personal or intimate target (spouse/intimate partners, fellow employees, your son's murderer... etc.) carry considerably more weight.

Exactly, and that's why I'm wondering why I haven't heard anything from LE

arizonaranchman
03-10-11, 13:47
No jury would ever convict this guy...

BrianS
03-10-11, 15:31
A decompression chamber would do the trick. I was a commercial diver for a while and while I never got bent I knew a few guys who had been and they said it wasn't something they'd want to repeat.

I think John Kelly did the same thing in Without Remorse.

I always wanted them to make that into a movie.

ShortytheFirefighter
03-10-11, 15:38
They're working on it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499097/

ALCOAR
03-10-11, 17:30
"I do wish we could chat longer, but... I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye."

Very well played...:cool: