PDA

View Full Version : New TA31F and eye problems

morbidbattlecry
03-08-11, 18:13
So i just got my Ta31 in the mail today. I open it up and i'll be damned i think the reticle is canted slightly to the left(we are talking maybe 2-3 degrees max) while looking though it with my right eye(right eye dominate btw). So i try to mount it all kinds of ways on my BCM upper. I try flipping the mount around and still the same thing. Long story short, on a whim i looked at it with my left eye instead. Now its canted 2-3 degrees to the right. My question is, is there anything i can do to modify my mount to get it straight up and down. IE filing down my TA51 mount to get it to be what i see it as right. Or even should I? because its my eyes and not the optic it seams will it mess up the zeroing of my optic and the BDC?

Gladi8r
03-08-11, 18:17
Im not sure if it is the optic maybe it has something to do with the way your eyes percieve it. Have you had a buddy look thru it.

Belmont31R
03-08-11, 18:32
I don't think its the sight. A lot of people naturally cant the gun and don't even realize it.

SA80Dan
03-09-11, 09:52
If you see it canted one way with one eye, and the other way with the other.....highly unlikely to be a problem with the optic. Most likely it has more to do with how you shoulder your rifle/position your head/etc. If it was truly canted, it would be in the same direction, no matter how you looked at it.

928M4
03-09-11, 12:48
Yeah sounds like a vision issue... but just in case, if yo uhave flip up front sight, flip it up and take a pic thru the ACOG.. If the shaded area created by the fron t sight is centered and aligned with the reticle it is for sure your vision.

Oh, make sure you do this with even lighting on the front sight (preferably 12 oclock high). Side lighting will skew the shadow and make this a mute process.

EDIT: if no flip up try to mount something else in front of the ACOG that will give you a similar reference... also make sure it is squared up....OH, and don't trust your eyes to do this...sorry, J/K with ya.

nimdabew
03-09-11, 13:15
Very normal. Happens with just about every sight without people realizing it.