PDA

View Full Version : C-Products?

recon
03-08-11, 21:37
Are they out of business? There spot on the industry section on the AR site is gone.

http://www.cproductsllc.com/

ladders1901
03-08-11, 21:41
I think they have been purchased and transitioning to the new organization.

IShootBlanks
03-08-11, 23:07
something is changing because their website is also down.

rob_s
03-09-11, 04:45
Avoid at all costs!

I certainly hope that guy was not rewarded for his piss-poor products and even worse customer service by having his company purchased for a large profit.

Ride5C2
03-09-11, 07:50
I've gotten just under a dozen c-products mags (SS) and all of them have worked well for me, on par to my pmags as far as reliability goes.

LONGBOWAH
03-09-11, 08:50

LONGBOWAH
03-09-11, 08:59
Guess I got lucky with the 5.45 mags (10) I have...they work.

ribeyejonson
03-09-11, 09:08
They have always been great to me. Far turn-around time when i need a replacement.

usafmsgtret
03-09-11, 09:32
Have a look at: www.ammosc.com

The new C Products.

WGG
03-09-11, 11:48
Was C-Products really bought out or did they just change their name? I have to agree with rob_s on C-Products magazines. I bought a few and they were not up to the quality of other know good manufacturers. Dealing with the owner was also a painful experience.

theorangecat
03-09-11, 12:23
piss-poor products and even worse customer service.

I never did get anything more than silence from their customer service, but it was probably just as well.

I had made the mistake of getting a half-dozen of their stainless 20-rounders based on a favorable review (this was back when I also took TOS seriously). Every one of them was welded together so they became progressively wider towards the top, and the followers would do a little sidestep attempting to come out the top.

My only consolation was that I hadn't ordered more of the things.

Displaced Texan
03-09-11, 15:24
I liked C-Products, because I needed NJ compliant mags, and I prefer the 30 rnd mag bodies (blocked to 15 rnds to meet PRNJ compliance). I have had zero issues with the stainless steel mags they produced.
I had an order pending with them for months that remained unfilled, then heard they were being sold.
Haven't heard a peep out of them about my order, and finally got around to cancelling it today. I simply have no confidence they will be a viable supplier.
It's too bad to lose a vendor that catered to the needs of those of us in the ban states.

I was recommended a company that modifies PMags to 15/10/5 rnd capacity (Midwest PX). I bought a crap load of them, and intend to buy more.
Thier customer service is OUTSTANDING...as are the modified mags.:D

kal
03-09-11, 15:33
I have ten cprod stainless steel mags with the anti tilt followers that work very well.

Who else makes good quality stainless steel mags for under $15 each?

I noticed the new company "ammosc" has an increase on prices....

Chef Jeff
03-09-11, 15:33
Avoid at all costs!

I certainly hope that guy was not rewarded for his piss-poor products and even worse customer service by having his company purchased for a large profit.
I've got probably 20 of them and I've never had an issue with them. When I bought an Oly a few years ago, that's the mag that came with the rifle from the factory, so I just started buying them for my other rifles.
$12.00 a piece depending on where you got em from.
Customer service? Don't know......Never had a problem with any of them so I never had to call em.

JEL458
03-09-11, 16:33
My previous agency ordered a lot of 300 of them. They are/were batting about .500. The welds were the largest culprit, followed up by out of spec dimensions. 1 out of every 3 or 4 wouldn't drop fee from Colt and FN rifles. No es bueno.

recon
03-10-11, 00:10
Did find this.
http://store.cproductsllc.com/main.sc

creekchub1
03-10-11, 05:14
i ordered two mags from them the other Night, i did push the make payment by phone. been trying ever since to get someone to answer my call. guess ill move on to the next Co.
what would be a good quality mag to get?

dudley2112
03-10-11, 07:39
four weeks ago i placed and order for 7 30 rounders pinned to five, when they didnt ship i called to ask what the deal was, i was told they didnt have any in stock, i could take 20 rounders pinned to 5 or wait 2-3 weeks until they had more 30 rounders. So i waited and called back yesterday, sorry we dont have any 30 rounders its gonna be a 2-3 week wait.... hmmm thats funny you told me that 3 weeks ago!

Displaced Texan
03-10-11, 07:46
four weeks ago i placed and order for 7 30 rounders pinned to five, when they didnt ship i called to ask what the deal was, i was told they didnt have any in stock, i could take 20 rounders pinned to 5 or wait 2-3 weeks until they had more 30 rounders. So i waited and called back yesterday, sorry we dont have any 30 rounders its gonna be a 2-3 week wait.... hmmm thats funny you told me that 3 weeks ago!

I've lost all confidence in CProducts, or whoever they are now.

You can get PMags modified to hold 5/10/15 rounds at www.midwestpx.com.

Cheers!

Jeff

dudley2112
03-10-11, 09:13
I've lost all confidence in CProducts, or whoever they are now.

You can get PMags modified to hold 5/10/15 rounds at www.midwestpx.com.

Cheers!

Jeff

thanks ill drop them a line... now to see if they ship to the great white north :p

markm
03-10-11, 13:11
Those ****ing losers were bought out. The ARFtards are all beside themselves for a solid supply of Olympic Arms quality junk mags! :p

They apparently sent out an email under their new name stating that they're a PREMIER supplier of AR mags. :confused:

They're putting the cart before the horse with that nonsense. I think whomever took over that operation has a lot of work to do before making that claim.

A.S.C. LLC is the name of the company... and the mags to avoid in the future.

scottryan
03-10-11, 14:59
Absolute junk mags. I bought some regular 30 rnd GI mags because I needed new GI mags badly right after the ban and all had ****ed up spot weld seams both front and back of the mag and most would not drop free from Colt lowers.

Wavy seam in the front and back.

I sent them back and they sent them back to me unreplaced stating there was nothing wrong with them.

****ing Losers.

Since that time, I have not bought any other GI magazine but Okay/New Haven/Colt OEM mags.

markm
03-10-11, 15:03
And the douche, LARRY, from C-prod would shit himself if you DARED to bring up the LONG history of piss poor product that they dumped on the shooters there.

He launched personal attacks on me when I'd point out FACTS, not opinion, that they've had many QC issues.

They even had the ****ing staff trying to silence me on the subject over there. That's when I knew ARF was about their advertising money and not the truth. :rolleyes:

steve-oh
03-10-11, 16:31
Just in the spirit of full disclosure, I must have gotten myself a good batch because I carried mine for a year in some pretty crappy conditions. They still work even though they are slightly dented and the springs are rusty. When I originally bought them, I needed 10 magazines, CProducts were cheap, and I figured it would be okay in training because any malfunctions would help me speed up my remedial action. Surprise surprise, I never had to do any. I was really pleased.

That said, I bought PMAGs for delpoyment. I trust CProducts on the range to be good training mags, not with my life. Home defense weapons and work guns are always loaded with working mags, not cproducts.

darr3239
03-10-11, 19:19
And the douche, LARRY, from C-prod would shit himself if you DARED to bring up the LONG history of piss poor product that they dumped on the shooters there.

He launched personal attacks on me when I'd point out FACTS, not opinion, that they've had many QC issues.

They even had the ****ing staff trying to silence me on the subject over there. That's when I knew ARF was about their advertising money and not the truth. :rolleyes:

Did he complain about your language?

mstennes
03-10-11, 19:25

There is one of the truest things I have read!!! I did get a box of 100 in a trade of their stainless, and so far they have all worked, but I have only tried out about 25 or so.

scottryan
03-10-11, 22:16
C Products also made Colt 9mm AR OEM mags for about a year and they got dropped by Colt and Colt went back to Metalform for OEM.

I don't know what the hell Colt was thinking.

RogerinTPA
03-11-11, 06:34
With C Prods well known reputation for unreliability, who cares.:no: They should change the name to Shit-Products.:p

dudley2112
03-11-11, 07:34
you guys should try paying 25-35 bucks for a cprod like we do then see how you feel :p

Rusty_Shackleford
03-11-11, 08:25
I just got off the phone with A.S.C. and they claim absolutely no affiliation with c-products what so ever.........:confused:

WGG
03-11-11, 08:33
Interesting...two manufacturers of magazines in the same small city in CT. Is this a case of changing the name to protect the guilty?

Rusty_Shackleford
03-11-11, 09:40
Interesting...two manufacturers of magazines in the same small city in CT. Is this a case of changing the name to protect the guilty?
Identical products to boot....... :secret:

markm
03-11-11, 10:06
Did he complain about your language?

No. Larry was the one using harsh language. He's a joke. Probably running a hot dog stand some place.... and sucking at that too.

floridajpr
03-11-11, 17:08
C-Products was bought out but they are suppose to stay in business under the new management. I did get an email about this place selling magazines: http://www.ammosc.com/storename/ammunitionstoragecomponent2/home.aspx
I wonder if this could be the new company that took over?

Sorry I didnt see the quote above about ASC not being affiliated with C-Products.

oldsmoboat
03-11-11, 18:47
On the 5th before I knew of their problems, I ordered some mags.
Today, I was wondering why I hadn't gotten a shipping notice and started digging around.

I went to their site and it was down. I sent an email and it was returned. I checked their resellerratings and got scared.

I called a number listed in their email and it worked. I was able to cancel my order. (860) 953-5007

The emails are to Larry's account:

http://oldsmoboat.com/stuff/cproducts.jpg

Fried Chicken Blowout
04-04-11, 18:39
I'm getting the cold shoulder on my order from 3/16. They promptly charged my card and send a confirmation email but have yet to ship a product. This name change smells like they are trying to run away from their legacy or warrantee issues and not honor any CProduct mags for replacement.

I'll be contacting my CC for charge back since they won't answer the phone or emails.

GLOCKMASTER
04-04-11, 18:52
I had a mere sampling of 500 of their AR mags and they have been nothing but trouble.

GaryXD
04-04-11, 19:00
I bought 30 of their mags and had to throw 12 of those in the trash.

Fried Chicken Blowout
04-04-11, 19:04
Unfortunately they are the only game in town for 6.5 Grendel mags...

Ilove2shoot
04-04-11, 20:35
been lucky with my 5.45 and 6.5 G mags....there 308 mags sucked.

My understanding is they filed bankruptcy and then opened the new company....or had a wife or relative open the new one, or something like that.

markm
04-05-11, 09:46
These are the kind of companies that I really SLAM on the forums.

Cprod, LWRC, and OLYMPIC ARMS.

It's one thing if you make junk products. But companies such as the above who blatantly lie about their sub par products really piss me off.

Belmont31R
04-05-11, 10:16
Add me to the list of those who have had problems with those mags.

If you want a cheap metal mag that works look at Okay, NHMTG, ect. I've never had any major issues with them, and they have a good rep for making a good AL mag.

PMAG's for me....but I started buying most of my magazines years ago. Used to buy 10 mags a month. I still have all the Okay and NHMTG mags...they get used just as much as my PMAGs. They still work just fine for me.

scottryan
04-05-11, 14:49
My understanding is they filed bankruptcy and then opened the new company....or had a wife or relative open the new one, or something like that.

Fly by night operation.

Fried Chicken Blowout
04-05-11, 17:53
Found out that CProducts didn't actually charge my account. They posted a temp hold when I placed the order but never followed through with the order so the hold expired and I was never charged. Hopefully they don't come back and charge me as the new company.

I ended up getting my 5 round 6.5 Grendel mags from 44mag.com last night. I ordered them in the evening and they shipped at 1pm today. Super fast on the part of 44mag.com

SW-Shooter
04-05-11, 18:58
Larry Panka's word is worth shit. I did a massive amount of work for him and he made a promise that he failed to keep. I will no longer take him on his word.

philipeggo
04-06-11, 16:52
Quick question , were they ever bought out prior ? Because the first few pages of the Mag sticky say nothing but good things about c products mags. Im just curious as to why some people who are now saying they are awful were saying they were the greatest a few years ago . Here is the thread i am referencing https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=382

badness
04-06-11, 17:55
These are the kind of companies that I really SLAM on the forums.

Cprod, LWRC, and OLYMPIC ARMS.

It's one thing if you make junk products. But companies such as the above who blatantly lie about their sub par products really piss me off.

That's news to me! What about the LWRC is sub par? Unless you're talking about the cproduct mags they supply you with. At which point i will have to agree with you.

TOrrock
04-06-11, 17:57
Quick question , were they ever bought out prior ? Because the first few pages of the Mag sticky say nothing but good things about c products mags. Im just curious as to why some people who are now saying they are awful were saying they were the greatest a few years ago . Here is the thread i am referencing https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=382

Five years of use, both in competition and in training classes, as well as on duty, but large numbers of switched on people, have led to an evolution of thinking.

You'll also notice that the HK 416/L85A2 mags were thought of very highly five years ago as well, until they started failing.

Bubba FAL
04-06-11, 19:25
Never tried C-pro's 5.56 mags, but I have ~30 of their 25rd 6.8 mags. The early ones with brown followers were hit and miss, many required "tweaking" of the feed lips to perform properly. I replaced most of the brown followers with Magpul anti-tilts.

Later production with black and grey followers are ok, haven't had trouble with them.

Since the "buyout" or whatever they're calling it, D&H has announced that they will be producing 6.8 mags. Got a bunch of D&H 5.56 mags and haven't had any trouble out of them. Hope their 6.8 mags are as good.

DualBerettas
04-07-11, 00:28
they're AR mags worked fine for me but not the one black 1911 mag.

DB

dmancornell
04-07-11, 00:31
I must've gotten a good cproducts batch, I have 15 of their 5.56 steel mags with the teflon finish and orange followers, no malfs so far with 2k rounds spread over 5 mags.

markm
04-07-11, 09:34
That's news to me!

Because they pound the forums with fake accounts that fluff their reputation for quality and customer service.

What about the LWRC is sub par?

Where does one start? It's a long history with those jokers.

Take the Pat Rogers guns that had to go back....

Take the 308 featured on the military channels "top 10" whatever show that wouldn't run even though it was a hand picked gun for the TV show.

And it's not so much that many of their guns come back.... it's the lies and excuses. They'll blame their venders for out of spec parts.

And one of their goofballs was on the Mil channel spouting off about how their barrels last TWICE as long as other barrels. I guess when the gun is always back at the factory the barrel will indeed last twice as long!!!:p

mike_556
04-07-11, 10:16
I am SO glad I passed on their challenge from last years NRA meeting to torture test their mags--would have been a frustrating waste of ammo...They were very proud of their mags and guaranteed they'd run 100%

scottryan
04-07-11, 11:14
C Products and Larry Panka are the magazine equvalent of Todd Bailey and Special Weapons.

scottryan
04-07-11, 11:20
Quick question , were they ever bought out prior ? Because the first few pages of the Mag sticky say nothing but good things about c products mags. Im just curious as to why some people who are now saying they are awful were saying they were the greatest a few years ago .

It basically went like this:

Right after the ban experied, there wasn't a plentiful supply of 30 round GI magazines.

The war in Afganistan and Iraq was at its peak and all the OEM Colt/OKAY/New Haven magazines were going to the war and if you could find them, they where $20 to $25 each.

C Products swooped in and starting selling GI style magazines for $10 a piece that looked just like OEM GI style mags. People bought tons of them. They hoarded them because it was the only thing they could get. They got rave reviews, etc because nobody ever acutally used them because they were too busy stocking up after the ban.

Later people starting using them and they worked like shit and C products didn't fix any of the quality or customer service issues. As a result, their reputation is shit and they deserve it.

MarkG
04-07-11, 11:28
C Products and Larry Panka are the magazine equvalent of Todd Bailey and Special Weapons.

Your killing me Smalls....:lol:

markm
04-07-11, 11:43
To me it's not so much that they built crap. It's that they ****ing LIED about the past QC issues, and attacked me personally for recommending against C-prod. Basically calling me a liar.

Then the Piece of Shit STAFF on ARF backed them up with trying to hush negative posts about their junky product. The staff knows damned well about the history of Cprod, but chose to protect Advertising dollars over the integrity of the info posted on ARF.

**** that whole stinky website!

The_War_Wagon
04-07-11, 11:59
Have a look at: www.ammosc.com

The new C Products.

Oh goody - they RAISED their prices! :rolleyes:

30 cal slut
04-07-11, 13:40
I bought a bunch of their 5.45 x 39 mags.

I can't get more than 16 rounds to fit in them reliably, even when I lube the follower. Not to say that I'm pissed - I had pretty low expectations of C Products.

Not a big deal to me, for 5.56 social purposes, PMAGS are the shiznit. :D

ffhounddog
04-07-11, 14:20
Didn't C-products also copy the magpul follower? I seem to remember something about that on the other site a few years back.

et2041
04-09-11, 15:44
I never did get anything more than silence from their customer service, but it was probably just as well.

I had made the mistake of getting a half-dozen of their stainless 20-rounders based on a favorable review (this was back when I also took TOS seriously). Every one of them was welded together so they became progressively wider towards the top, and the followers would do a little sidestep attempting to come out the top.

My only consolation was that I hadn't ordered more of the

things.

That is exactly what happened to the 4 30 rd. stainless I bought last fall. That and the paint was easily chipping with little to no effort. They're Junk, I won't use them for range work anymore. For cheap and reliable mags I have gone with Bravo's mags w/magpul anti-tilt followers. The best damn Aluminum mags I have found.

ST911
04-09-11, 19:20
Sorry to see that CP didn't work out. I had about two dozen of their early SS magazines, and they are still going strong.