PDA

View Full Version : ACOG Zeroing

redcell20
09-17-07, 19:43
What is the best way to zero an ACOG?

Double Naught Spy
09-17-07, 20:54
The three models I have experience with (2 I own) all zero'd at 100 yards. If you are going to use the drop scale, then that is the zero point. If you are not planning on using the drop reticle as it is setup, then you can zero at a different distance or on a different cross hair of the reticle.

If new, the scope should be fairly close. However, I like to check the first shot at 25 yards just to be sure that I will still be on paper at a greater distance. The next shot or shot set is at 50 to refine adjustments. then I work at 100.

It sounds odd, but I have seen an ACOG installed incorrectly and had shots off by a couple of feet at 25 yards which would have been 8 feet at 100 and potentially over the berm.

Unless they have changed, the windage and elevation screws seem to be of a fairly soft metal. Find a tool of appropriate size to make adjustments or you risk marring the screws.

Trim2L
09-18-07, 00:45
All full size ACOGs should be zero'd at 100 yards in order to use the BDC. Depending on the model/reticle you will zero it at specific point on the reticle. For example, the TA31F is zero'd at 100 yards using the point of the chevron and the TA01NSN is zero'd at the crosshairs. I haven't used the B model so I can't remember where on the doughnut it is zero'd.

Striker5
09-18-07, 07:30
We zeroed ours at BZO distance (36m?) then moved back and refined them at 100m. The USMC ACOG (don't know the NSN) uses the top of the BDC, the red part of the verticle line under the chevron for BZO. Hope this helps.