PDA

View Full Version : Place an order with Noveske Rifleworks....

184SFS
09-17-07, 20:02
I just placed an order today from Noveske rifleworks for my next project. I've been talking to John for about the past week about what I'm looking for in my AR10. I ordered the 14.5" Project Leonidas Complete Upper w/ Smith Vortex Flash Suppressor. I was thinking the 12.5" due to the fact that I was thinking of LEO use & storing in my squad car, but John helped me understand that the 14.5" will be just as easy but have better ballistics for my use. Next I need to order a Armalite Lower & a few mags for it, I'm going to go with the modded M1A mags so I can use them in the M1A as well as AR10! I'll post pics of the upper when it gets here, it's due sometime next week.

03humpalot
09-18-07, 06:13
Let us know how it works out bro, im going to pick up the same upper here in the next few months.

184SFS
09-18-07, 07:44
Let us know how it works out bro, im going to pick up the same upper here in the next few months.

Do you know where I might be able to find a Armalite Eagle Complete Lower for a decent price? I spoke with Armalite yesterday & they're back ordered 3-4 months! I'd prefer the collapsible but I'll take a A2 style & mod it the way I need 2.

03humpalot
09-18-07, 08:34
I was in the same boat and scored 2 from another forum in the swap meet. I dont frequent AR15.com much but i have seen them for sale there on occasion.

I will see if i can find a supplier for ya.

184SFS
09-18-07, 08:49
I was in the same boat and scored 2 from another forum in the swap meet. I dont frequent AR15.com much but i have seen them for sale there on occasion.

I will see if i can find a supplier for ya.

I appreciate it, I've seen a few stripped on gunbroker so I might have to go that route. I'm trying to decide if I should go with the VLTOR E-Mod or the VLTOR A2 Modstock. This baby is going to go with me in my squad car on days where my M4 might not suit me well, so I might go with the E-Mod for confined spaces.

jar3ds
09-18-07, 09:00
sweet... pop up a pic when its all build... i LOVE ar10's....

When I build mine someday.... ... sigh.... :)

184SFS
09-18-07, 09:10
sweet... pop up a pic when its all build... i LOVE ar10's....

When I build mine someday.... ... sigh.... :)

My "off-duty supervisor" finally okayed my AR10 build, but I had to get rid of my M1A. I hated to do that but it wasn't practical for my LEO use. Someday I want to get a SOCOM 16 for Hog huntin'.

03humpalot
09-18-07, 09:40
Try these guys, POC at bottom of page
http://www.lonestarwholesale.com/2.html

184SFS
09-18-07, 10:49
Try these guys, POC at bottom of page
http://www.lonestarwholesale.com/2.html

Thanks for the link.....what are some thought about the stock? Should I go with the VLTOR E-Mod or the VLTOR A2 Modstock?!?!

03humpalot
09-19-07, 05:37
Thanks for the link.....what are some thought about the stock? Should I go with the VLTOR E-Mod or the VLTOR A2 Modstock?!?!

No problem bro. Not sure on the stock i have not used any of the VLTOR stocks myself.

steve0
09-24-07, 20:51
I am doing a simmilar build using a 16" Noveske. I went with the Sopmod stock since I either have them on all of my rifles or am in the process of switching them out. What are your optic plans on your rifle? For now I am running an Eotech since that is what I have lying around.

03humpalot
09-25-07, 05:49
I have a Short Dot and a TA11C ACOG im going to play with. The short dot is on another gun currently so im going to run the ACOG in a Larue mount and get some trigger time before deciding if it will work for me or not.

steve0
09-25-07, 06:33
I spoke with someone at Noveske last week who said that they were cutting the barrels at that time. Hopefully it will be only a few more weeks before my upper arrives and I can play around with optics. By the way, what muzzle device are you leaning towards. My plan was to stay as simmilar to its 5.56 little brother, so I have been leaning towards a Vortex. I am still curious about the Phantom which is about 1/3 the cost.

184SFS
09-25-07, 07:28
I spoke with someone at Noveske last week who said that they were cutting the barrels at that time. Hopefully it will be only a few more weeks before my upper arrives and I can play around with optics. By the way, what muzzle device are you leaning towards. My plan was to stay as simmilar to its 5.56 little brother, so I have been leaning towards a Vortex. I am still curious about the Phantom which is about 1/3 the cost.

I went with the Vortex flash suppressor, I had one on my M14 & M1A, it earned my respect. I'm wanting to get one on my 10.5" M4 when I get it done. I'm planning on using an ACOG that I have laying around unitl I find a good scope that fits my needs. I might look at the SOPMOD Stock. Does anyone know where I can find ACU Color Spray Paint so I can camo up my new build!

184SFS
09-25-07, 08:54
nother option I've thought about for the optics is the Millett DMS-1. http://www.millettsights.com/index.php/catalog_2007/tactical It looks like a nice option to think about.

03humpalot
09-25-07, 11:29
Im sticking with the vortex.

184SFS
09-25-07, 11:57
Im sticking with the vortex.

That's what I did.

mpardun
09-25-07, 15:12
Does anyone know where I can find ACU Color Spray Paint so I can camo up my new build!

This stuff is great, comes in many ACU colors, does not require baking, cures to touch in minutes (fully in 1 week), very heat resistant and is highly solvent/bore cleaner resistant....all for $11/can!

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=1117&title=ALUMA-HYDE%7e+II&s=42939#42939

184SFS
09-26-07, 07:12
This stuff is great, comes in many ACU colors, does not require baking, cures to touch in minutes (fully in 1 week), very heat resistant and is highly solvent/bore cleaner resistant....all for $11/can!

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=1117&title=ALUMA-HYDE%7e+II&s=42939#42939

Thanks, I used that to finish up my SA 1911-A1, I'll try to get pics of it posted soon.

184SFS
09-27-07, 07:55
I got my AR10 upper from Noveske yesterday & I fell in love with it from the moment I pulled it from the box. I can't wait to get this all put together. I need my lower & a few mags then it's off to the range I go. Now to decide on the optics, I have an ACOG that I thought about using but I worried if the 7.62 recoil will kill it since the ACOG was meant for 5.56mm, but when I was deployed to Iraq we had a 5.56mm ACOG on a M14 & it worked our whole deployment. What are anyone's thoughts?

gunny
09-27-07, 10:08
Do you know where I might be able to find a Armalite Eagle Complete Lower for a decent price? I spoke with Armalite yesterday & they're back ordered 3-4 months! I'd prefer the collapsible but I'll take a A2 style & mod it the way I need 2.

Try here: http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=65

184SFS
09-27-07, 10:14
Try here: http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=65

Thanks

03humpalot
09-27-07, 13:09
.308 isnt going to hurt your ACOG bro. Throw some damned pics up;)

mpardun
09-27-07, 13:16

It's the BDC that will be off is all! As long as your POI is at CQB ranges, not a big deal! Will be no good for long range shots tho.

SHIVAN
09-27-07, 13:49
The BDC stadia on any ACOG will match out to some intersection of the bullet and a distance.

If you want to run a TA31F (which I don't recommend due to eye relief), you can. You will need to go to a 600yd range and see where the 4 and 6 intersect your bullet's trajectory though.

If you do that, you can mark the stock with a mini-ballistic chart for that weapon.

If you get access to a 600m range, just plug the external ballistics into one of those online calculators to get a rough guess of where your bullet might impact and compare that to the ballistics of the round the stadia were designed to measure.

184SFS
09-27-07, 14:17

I'll post pics but I only have the upper, do you want me 2 wait until it's completed or post now?

steve0
09-27-07, 19:11
post now please! that way i can look at yours until mine gets here.:D

184SFS
09-28-07, 16:03
post now please! that way i can look at yours until mine gets here.:D

I'll try to get them posted as soon as I can.

184SFS
10-02-07, 10:54
Here's the situation......I'm putting a Armalite Complete lower on layaway. I can't post any pics due to the simple fact I don't have internet @ home, I just bought a new house & waiting to find a new provider. So it'll be awhile until I get pics posted. :o I'm hoping to have it complete in 6-8 weeks so I can then finish modding my LWRC M6A2 into a 10.5"! :cool:

steve0
10-02-07, 19:14
What I am looking at doing with my lower is using a RRA NM trigger assembly, Vltor mill spec. buffer tube, armalite buffer spring, and a H3 buffer. Any suggestions to this set up?

184SFS
10-03-07, 08:52
What I am looking at doing with my lower is using a RRA NM trigger assembly, Vltor mill spec. buffer tube, armalite buffer spring, and a H3 buffer. Any suggestions to this set up?

Not bad, I don't think I'm going to go with a match trigger for the simple fact that mine will be for LEO carry. I like the sounds of your setup.

184SFS
10-03-07, 14:33
I found me a Armalite AR10 Lower, the price was a little bit more but I put it on 30 day layaway. Now does anyone know where I can find the modded M1A mags for the Armalite's, the cheapest I found them for is $29.50 plus shipping, but I'm in need of 4-5 so that adds up.

M4Guru
10-03-07, 15:52
Use new Armalite mags, they are a lot better than modded M1A mags.

184SFS
10-03-07, 16:04
Use new Armalite mags, they are a lot better than modded M1A mags.

I'm not going to pay $45 a piece for them when I can consolidate my mags for the M1A & AR10, unless someone know where I can get them cheaper than what Armalite is selling them.

M4Guru
10-03-07, 16:31
You gotta love it when someone will spend thousands on a Noveske AR10 with the intentions of using it as a DUTY WEAPON and bitch about the cost of mags.:rolleyes:

Why do you think Armalite stopped using plentiful M14 mags and designed a new mag at significant cost?

SHIVAN
10-03-07, 19:42
I'm not going to pay $45 a piece for them when I can consolidate my mags for the M1A & AR10, unless someone know where I can get them cheaper than what Armalite is selling them.

I'll tell you that I have a lot of AR10 mags. Some are "bubba" converted M14 mags, some are ArmaLite converted M14 mags, some are ArmaLite Gen I mags, and two are ArmaLite Gen II.

The Gen II mags are so far and away better that if I didn't have over 40 that worked, I would sell them all and buy however many Gen II's as I could with the proceeds.

They load easier, cycle more reliably, feed easier, drop free more uniformly, etc, etc, etc...

They are worth it. I assure you.

03humpalot
10-04-07, 06:26
Im with Shivan,
if this gun is going to be used as a WEAPON as opposed to a toy i highly suggest you pay for the new Armalite magazines. They are far more reliable than the old converted M14 mags. Its only your life you are screwing around with...

184SFS
10-04-07, 07:18
You gotta love it when someone will spend thousands on a Noveske AR10 with the intentions of using it as a DUTY WEAPON and bitch about the cost of mags.:rolleyes:

Why do you think Armalite stopped using plentiful M14 mags and designed a new mag at significant cost?

I bitch about the cost for the simple fact I don't have money just to throw every where, from what I was told from Noveske is that the modded M1A mags are ok when you get them with Armalite upgrade kit. If it's a proven deal that they're crappy even after the upgrade I'll gladly go with the Armalite's new mags. Just if possible I'd like to save some $$$ for ammo.

molsen
10-04-07, 09:25
If money is an issue, there are many other cheaper options that will serve you just as good, if not better, than a Noveske AR10 for a duty weapon.

184SFS
10-04-07, 10:03
If money is an issue, there are many other cheaper options that will serve you just as good, if not better, than a Noveske AR10 for a duty weapon.

Already have the Noveske Upper at home....from what I've heard I got the idea that the Moded M1A weren't bad with the upgraded springs.

steve0
10-05-07, 18:07
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/skrebs001/noveske.jpg

Digital is broken so my cell phone has to do. Upper came in yesterday, still waiting on the mags, Troy rear sight, Vortex, and one of Slash's buffers.

Upper:
Armalite upper, Bolt Carrier Group
Larue 11.0
Med. Contour 16" Noveske Barrel
Troy Front
LMT Rear (to be replaced by Troy)
PRI Gasbuster CH
AR10 A2 (to be replaced by Vortex)
Tango Down FDE Rail Pannels

Lower:
Armalite lower and LPK
RRA NM Trigger
LMT Sopmod Stock
Tango Down FDE Battlegrip
Armalite buffer Spring

Accessories:
Eotech 512 on Laure mount (for now)
Laure Vickers Sling

Will post a range report once mags and buffer arrives. Special thanks to Armalite at Camp Perry for offering such great deals.

molsen
10-06-07, 01:17
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/skrebs001/noveske.jpg

Digital is broken so my cell phone has to do. Upper came in yesterday, still waiting on the mags, Troy rear sight, Vortex, and one of Slash's buffers.

Upper:
Armalite upper, Bolt Carrier Group
Larue 11.0
Med. Contour 16" Noveske Barrel
Troy Front
LMT Rear (to be replaced by Troy)
PRI Gasbuster CH
AR10 A2 (to be replaced by Vortex)
Tango Down FDE Rail Pannels

Lower:
Armalite lower and LPK
RRA NM Trigger
LMT Sopmod Stock
Tango Down FDE Battlegrip
Armalite buffer Spring

Accessories:
Eotech 512 on Laure mount (for now)
Laure Vickers Sling

Will post a range report once mags and buffer arrives. Special thanks to Armalite at Camp Perry for offering such great deals.
Looks great!

Why the folding front buis and non-folding rear buis? Usually its the other way around.

steve0
10-06-07, 08:21
Somehow I had an extra front Troy BUIS in the parts bin. The rear is ordered and should be here next week. Does anyone know if the Eo-Tech magnifier with the flip to the side mount will be at the same plane as the 512 on the Eotech Riser?