PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle Devices and Suppressor Mounting

ASH556
03-09-11, 09:43
My good friend Karmapolice recently bought a DDM4V5 rifle. Around the same time, I built what is essentially the same rifle, except with DD's lightweight barrel, 14.0 Lite Rail (instead of 12" OmegaX) and mine wears a Sopmod whereas his wears a CTR. The other difference is that I run a H2 buffer, and his came from the factory with an H buffer. From day 1, my rifle has had a softer recoil imulse and has stayed flatter @ the muzzle. We ran the rifles side by side in a Vickers class last weekend and I noticed his rifle had a "pinging" report to it. He is running his AAC Blackout SPR-M4 mount, which I guess was acting like a tuning fork. My rifle has the factory A2 flashhider. So last night, he adds an H2 buffer hoping to get his rifle to recoil closer to mine, and while it softened the direct recoil impulse, his still has way more muzzle flip than mine. Bear in mind that both of these rifles are mid-gassed, and weight at the muzzle due to accessories should be close, with his being possibly a bit heavier due to his Gov't profile barrel and DD sight (I'm running a KAC Micro). The convesation we had at that point revolved around him adding a Battle Comp 1.5 to his rifle. The issue there is that he loses the ability to mount his suppressor.

I guess what I'm asking for is some cognitive thoughts/discussion around balancing your muzzle device against the ability to mount a suppressor and how that pans out across choosing said muzzle device and suppressor. Obviously for Karmapolice, he's stuck with the mount he has, but I don't yet own a rifle suppressor. Would a suppressor-mountable Battle Comp be the cat's ass? How does the AAC Brakeout compare to a Battle Comp? Is it possible to get a suppressor that will mount onto a Battle Comp? Will AAC make a 51-tooth Battle Comp?

Thanks!

RyanB
03-09-11, 11:55
I think it is best to choose your suppressor, then your mount. If you get the battlecomp you have to use a Gem Tech can. I have concern about the lifespan of that brake as all of the gas has to go out the front.

Also the noise of a muzzlebrake should be considered.

coloccw
03-09-11, 21:13
with the Battle Comp 2.0 you can run a GemTech HALO...

dangerdan
03-10-11, 16:37
I only have 2 cans, an OPS INC 12th Model, and a KAC NT4

OPS 12th is great, shortest barrel I could put it on is a 12.5" bbl.

The NT4 is pretty nice. I have the standard comp on a 14.5" bbl and a triple tap on a 10.3" bbl. The triple tap is pretty awesome. Reduces recoil pretty well, though it like to spit fire with quality American ammo. I haven't had any problems using it with my NT4.

Mongo
03-11-11, 12:54
Different barrels, I question if the gas ports are the same size.