PDA

View Full Version : Why Rainier Arms?

Mr. V
03-09-11, 18:46
There was a thread "Why BCM?" so i thought I'd post this too.

I am almost ready to pull the trigger on Rainier Arms' built upper and lower except that I can't seem to find much reviews about their products. So my fellow enthusiasts, why Rainier Arms?

Cincinnatus
03-09-11, 18:49

I am almost ready to pull the trigger on Rainier Arms' built upper and lower except that I can't seem to find much reviews about their products. So my fellow enthusiasts, why Rainier Arms?

Look at their features and make an intelligent choice based on whether or not their features meet your needs. Is it really necessary to start an entire copycat thread to clutter up the forum?

Mr. V
03-09-11, 18:55
Look at their features and make an intelligent choice based on whether or not their features meet your needs. Is it really necessary to start an entire copycat thread to clutter up the forum?

Thank you for your response.

I didn't think trying to solicit info from real world users of Rainier Arms product was "cluttering the forum".

I can read RA's description and presentation of their products 100x and it still would not be as good as info from those who have actually used their product.

Cincinnatus
03-09-11, 18:59
Thank you for your response.

I didn't think trying to solicit info from real world users of Rainier Arms product was "cluttering the forum".

I can read RA's description and presentation of their products 100x and it still would not be as good as info from those who have actually used their product.

If you honestly have questions about Rainier Arms, then by all means, proceed, but it seemed like you were just starting this thread because you saw one on "Why BCM."
You might also email Rainier and ask them some informed questions about their uppers such as: billet or forged? Full auto BCG? MP/HP tested barrel? etc.

Evil Bert
03-09-11, 19:04
Rainier does not make much. They are mostly a retailer of other manufacture's products. Of course I personally do not know for sure, but I'm thinking that Rainier doesn't make the barrels and other major components. BCM is an actual Manufacturer. Just because a company put's their name on it, doesn't exactly mean they manufactured it.

With that said, Rainier doesn't put their name on junk. So if you are looking at Rainier for an upper. You should be good to go. I would email them and ask them if they do in fact HPT and MPI the barrels and Bolts. Everything else is easily addressable.

venuto
03-09-11, 19:11
BCM is an actual Manufacturer. Just because a company put's their name on it, doesn't exactly mean they manufactured it.

Forgive me for asking this but what does BCM manufacture?

Whootsinator
03-09-11, 19:12
Just shouldn't have posted.

venuto
03-09-11, 19:16
Darn near everything but the raw forgings, if I'm not mistaken.

Is that correct? They make the LPKs, BCG, barrels and everything else in house?

BigBuckeye
03-09-11, 19:19
I can't speak for their builds, but I can say their service is incredible. I order parts and I have them within 48 hours...

FChen17213
03-09-11, 19:23
I could be totally wrong, but I don't think BCM actually manufacturers much of their stuff. They assemble very very high quality parts and many of the parts have their name stamped on them. However, I do not think they actually manufacture their lpks, barrels, receivers, etc. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. That being said, BCM only uses very high quality top shelf parts.

Evil Bert
03-09-11, 19:23
Is that correct? They make the LPKs, BCG, barrels and everything else in house?

As I understand it, they manufacture the barrels from blanks. The Bolts are machined by them as well. This all needs to be confirmed. But in any case, Bravo Company puts their name on only those items that they have full control over the quality of the product.

But someone else would have to confirm this. I know they do not do the forgings for the receiver (upper & lower). Almost no one does.

venuto
03-09-11, 19:30
Time out. What gives here guys. Information is being given out like the info provider actually knows what they are talking about.. So please.... Someone tell me if BCM actually manufactures the parts they use on their builds.. It matters to me... That's why I want to know.

ZRH
03-09-11, 19:32
Darn near everything but the raw forgings, if I'm not mistaken.

Time out. What gives here guys. Information is being given out like the info provider actually knows what they are talking about.. So please.... Someone tell me if BCM actually manufactures the parts they use on their builds.. It matters to me... That's why I want to know.

They have good products and QC, not arguing that, but 11 employees. They subcontract most of their parts to OEM manufacturers (which is normal for any mfg even Colt). It has been posted here before.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=812996

Edit: There are only like 4 full size drop forge facilities in the entire Upper Midwest. It wouldn't be cost effective for every single company to make everything in house.

venuto
03-09-11, 19:37
They have good products and QC, not arguing that, but 11 employees. They subcontract most of their parts to OEM manufacturers (which is normal for any mfg even Colt). It has been posted here before.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=812996

Edit: There are only like 4 full size drop forge facilities in the entire Upper Midwest. It wouldn't be cost effective for every single company to make everything in house.

Thank you ZRH. I think we learned something here..

C4IGrant
03-09-11, 19:59
Most all 07 manufacturers don't make much to anything in house. Companies like DD, S&W and Colt make many things in house, but not everything.

Most 07's simple accept what the barrel, receiver, BCG, ETC manufacturer makes. This is generally bad as they "get what they get."

How BCM differs is that they write detailed, technical purchase orders based off the TDP or to their own standard (where the TDP doesn't apply). Very few companies have the knowledge to do this (FYI).

C4

Icculus
03-09-11, 20:27
Not sure the exact point of this thread but with respect to Rainier Arms I will say that in my dealings with the they offer a good selection on products at a good price with great service. They are one of about 4 vendors that I like to purchase from. Beyond that I'm sure if you picked up the phone and called them they would be happy to speak with you. Also if you read around a bit you will see that there are a couple of specific members here you could pm and get info

Stickman
03-09-11, 21:03

Quality in components, knowledge of the platform, and service to their customers are common things mentioned.

As with any dealer/ distributor/ 07 or other label, the end quality of the product has strong bearing and appeal. In the case of Rainier Arms, the owner is a good friend of mine, and I am aware that John goes the extra mile in the items that he has manufactured.

The level of quality being manufactured is more important than who is manufacturing it. While he is not a board sponsor, I see no point in withholding info.

RFB
03-09-11, 21:24
I possess both specification and purchasing authority for an agency. I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of equipment and components through Rainier.

They are honest, straightforward, they possess expertise, the quality and extent of their inventory is excellent, and delivery on stocked items is mostly overnight.

When call or email, I get a same day response, often by the owner.

Hope this helps.

Fuzzy-Reticle
03-09-11, 21:38
Why Rainier Arms?

They are a great company to do business with. They are honest. They ship fast. Sell quality products at good prices. Knowledgable. Have a long track record of excellent customer service.

Companies like Rainier, BCM, GRTactical to name a few are simply the best of the best and other companies should take lessons from them on how to do business. These companies are not fly by night no name enterprises selling substandard products.

When I spend my money I want to know that I am getting a fair price for a quality product from someone who will not screw me and will help me if there is an issue.

That is why I buy from them.

Kyohte
03-09-11, 21:54
I've dealt with them numerous times and have been impressed by their outstanding service. The turn around for having a gas block pinned was literally overnight. You really couldn't get much better.

till44
03-09-11, 22:43
Why Rainier Arms?

They're a company that wants you to be happy with the products you buy. In order to make sure that happens they provide accurate helpful suggestions, top tier parts, and offer great customer service. One of the best companies to do business with out there.

shootist~
03-09-11, 23:08
My experience with Rainier is mostly parts - I use his XTC compensators and recently bought my Vltor A5 stock kit from him. They are always fast on getting an order out the door.

On general gunsmithing I had them pin/weld a compensator on my 14.5" build and the work and turn around time was excellent.

Dunderway
03-10-11, 00:02

What is your definition of manufacturing? I believe BCM would fall under the dictionary definition of an MFG. They do a hell of a lot more than have there name lasered on 3rd party parts assemblies if that's what your asking.

Anthony.L
03-10-11, 01:16
I wish everyone could live local to Rainier Arms. You would be ruined for life when going into any other gun shop after theirs. It's a little slice of AR heaven. The locals call it the Nordstrom of gun shops.

Every time I'm at their shop their are several employees running around filling online orders as fast as humanly possible. All of their employees are super nice and give great customer service.

Atchcraft
03-10-11, 01:19
I love dealing with Rainier. These days I'm happy to just get "what" I ordered in a timely manner... I don't wait for a thank you anymore. But, Rainier always goes above and beyond and never seems to be anoyed by any questions or requests I may have. Before I ordered my upper, I asked "John" a few questions about it. Within about 5 minutes they had updated their website (description of the upper) reflecting my questions. I thought that was pretty cool and ened up with an outstanding rifle. Every order I get comes within two days and is above and beyond. They also offer an LEO/Mil. discount, which is nice. I say you can't go wrong with Rainier Arms!

ZRH
03-10-11, 01:22

Atchcraft
03-10-11, 01:23
I wish everyone could live local to Rainier Arms. You would be ruined for life when going into any other gun shop after theirs. It's a little slice of AR heaven. The locals call it the Nordstrom of gun shops.

Every time I'm at their shop their are several employees running around filling online orders as fast as humanly possible. All of their employees are super nice and give great customer service.

I miss WA.. I'm going to make it a "must see" on my next visit. I miss Nordstrom too for that matter, Dicks drive in, Dixie's BBQ, Burgermaster, Pioneer Square... "sniff"

Anthony.L
03-10-11, 01:27
:D I've been to Dick's, Burgermaster, and Dixie's all in the last 3 weeks.

The only thing food wise I'm jealous of CA is In-N-Out...

Atchcraft
03-10-11, 01:42
Sorry I drug this off topic... But can you get me an "I met the man" sticker from Dixie's?

msstate56
03-10-11, 02:59
I hate to sound like a parrot, just echoing what everyone else has said, but I too am a huge fan of Rainier Arms. They have excellent service, their inventory is always up to date, and their shipping is fast and pain free. I purchase most of my gun related items from them now. I've also had several gas blocks and BCs pinned by them. They do quality work, and have no problem answering questions by phone or email.

HD670
03-10-11, 04:17
I hate to sound like a parrot, just echoing what everyone else has said, but I too am a huge fan of Rainier Arms. They have excellent service, their inventory is always up to date, and their shipping is fast and pain free. I purchase most of my gun related items from them now. I've also had several gas blocks and BCs pinned by them. They do quality work, and have no problem answering questions by phone or email.

+1

I live in washington state and have been to their shop a couple times and have spent hundred of dollars on some of their stuff. A good bunch of guys that sell good quality stuff. I wouldnt think twice about buying stuff from them again

EzGoingKev
03-10-11, 05:14
As with others in this thread I do not have any experience with their uppers, but have placed several orders with them over the past few years and always have been happy with the level of customer service I have received.

ECRRRainman
03-10-11, 05:14
Can anyone tell me if Rainier Can assemble a free float rail if I send them in the parts? I ask b/c I may be sending them a 14.5 upper for pinning and would like to purchase and attach a free float rail.

Also can they cut down a FSB to fit under a rail system? Or will I need to purchase a lo pro gasblock?

Thanks

Army Chief
03-10-11, 06:23
I've got an UltraMatch Elite upper from RA, and have been consistently impressed by the components used, solid build, and inherent accuracy. RA is absolutely obsessed with product quality and customer service, and easily rates a recommendation from me.

AC

Kyohte
03-10-11, 08:12
Can anyone tell me if Rainier Can assemble a free float rail if I send them in the parts? I ask b/c I may be sending them a 14.5 upper for pinning and would like to purchase and attach a free float rail.

Also can they cut down a FSB to fit under a rail system? Or will I need to purchase a lo pro gasblock?

Thanks

Call them to ask.

Paulinski
03-10-11, 08:16
I placed several orders from Rainer Arms over last few years. I have been happy with the product and service I received every time.

Mr. V
03-10-11, 11:16

Thanks

I'm sure they can especially if you are buying the ff rail from them.

I called them before to ask if they can modify a complete upper they have to my specification and they said it can be done.

If you want to be certain, they are very accommodating with queries over the phone and even via email.

ghostman1960
03-10-11, 17:10
Rainier does not make much. They are mostly a retailer of other manufacture's products. Of course I personally do not know for sure, but I'm thinking that Rainier doesn't make the barrels and other major components. BCM is an actual Manufacturer. Just because a company put's their name on it, doesn't exactly mean they manufactured it.

With that said, Rainier doesn't put their name on junk. So if you are looking at Rainier for an upper. You should be good to go. I would email them and ask them if they do in fact HPT and MPI the barrels and Bolts. Everything else is easily addressable.

BCM manufactures nothing.

ghostman1960
03-10-11, 17:12
What is your definition of manufacturing? I believe BCM would fall under the dictionary definition of an MFG. They do a hell of a lot more than have there name lasered on 3rd party parts assemblies if that's what your asking.

BCM manufactures nothing. They assemble parts.

ZRH
03-10-11, 17:23

People are prolly gonna cry about this but just wanted to hop in and say it's true in the sense of a manufacturer being completely vertically integrated, like say ExxonMobil (they make product from the well to the gas pump). Most 'manufacturers these days are assemblers though, it's cost prohibitive to control the entire process when you can get exactly what you want through subcontractors. I don't have 'inside info' on the small arms industry but it seems to small and competitive for one company to profitably operate a supply chain from raw material to finished product.

Specifying contracts is also not a magical skill. You could probably even sub out the engineering staff. This really shouldn't be shocking revelation.

randolph
03-10-11, 19:40
Ive been buying parts, pieces and full weapons from about 6 different vendors over the years, Ive narrowed it down to two, one of them being Rainier Arms.
Ive never had an issue with these guys, they are where I look first, and where I recommend first.
Not to mention they are Noveske's No. 1 dealer for two years running :D

Dunderway
03-10-11, 21:07

No, they do not just assemble parts. If a company:

-Specs and purchases steel from one company
-Then has it inspected by another company
-Then has it made into barrel blanks by another company
-Then has it machined into a finished barrel by another company
-Then HPT’s the barrels
-Then has it MPI’d by another company
-Then completes assembly with other tested/inspected parts
-Then test fires and packages the complete product

they have manufactured an upper. Get into semantics if you want to (I may have added/omitted a step), but to call them a “parts assembler” is complete hogwash.

cody0341
04-19-11, 13:13
Just order a LMT 14.5 upper from them over the phone, really friendly service and extremely helpful. Can't wait to get it!!

RyanB
04-19-11, 13:47

Thanks

They won't shave a gas block for you.