PDA

View Full Version : Extractor O-rings

gojira70
03-10-11, 09:05
Who sells them in multiple packs cheap? I think $12.99 for 1 ring is kind of steep.

Hump66
03-10-11, 09:19
You can get a 3 pack kit for less than that

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Extractor-Spring-Uprade-Kit-p/bcm%20extractor%20spring%20%203pack.htm

Or a single is only $4.99

13MPG
03-10-11, 09:27
You can get a 3 pack extractor upgrade kit from springco for 11.95.
It comes with 3 each of: Extra Power 5-Coil Extractor Springs, Mil-Spec Black Extractor Inserts, Mil-Spec Viton O-Rings.

markm
03-10-11, 13:09
Why do you want that junk in your weapon??

Iraqgunz
03-10-11, 13:24
MSC direct sells #60 Viton O-rings in quantity. I used them in Iraq on our Shrubmasters.

Having said that- If you really need one for reliable function then I would try and determine the problem and not use a band aid.

davidjinks
03-10-11, 13:34
markm and iraqgunz,

I had a MK12 built for me by HCS. The extractor had this installed in it when it came to me.

What is your opinion on having/using it in a rifle?

I've never used them before nor did I know much about them. The research I've done says it's for more reliable extraction.

Is there a downside to using them?

I appreciate your advice and opinions.

markm
03-10-11, 13:56
A rifle gas system shouldn't need an oring at all.

The only time I got an extractor tension issue to manifest was when I ran the old Rifle extractor spring and insert on a 11.5" SBR.

Using the new mil standard spring/insert keeps every AR I own running fine.

Iraqgunz
03-10-11, 14:19
Rifles do not need them. One downside to using them ( I have seen it happen) is that the tension on the extractor is so much that it will not slip over the rim of the cartridge and you get a failure to extract.

Put a good spring assembly in there and you should be GTG.

markm and iraqgunz,

I had a MK12 built for me by HCS. The extractor had this installed in it when it came to me.

What is your opinion on having/using it in a rifle?

I've never used them before nor did I know much about them. The research I've done says it's for more reliable extraction.

Is there a downside to using them?

I appreciate your advice and opinions.

davidjinks
03-10-11, 15:44
Thank you both. I will change the O-Ring out with a standard set up.

jackblack73
03-10-11, 17:11
If you buy a BCG from BCM they will include an O-ring, but it's not installed.

Check out what BCM says in the link Hump66 provided. "The BCM Extractor Spring is so strong the Mil-Spec Crane O-Ring will probably not be needed, but it is included."

eternal24k
03-10-11, 17:26
http://www.oringsusa.com/catalog/

I personally buy the Viton GLT, but the 75 or 90 would be plenty adequate (size is -006)