PDA

View Full Version : Benelli 121 M1 SL80

Mr. Goodtimes
03-10-11, 10:24
I'm looking for a little information on this shotgun. My understanding is that it was the precursor to the M1 Super 90. I just picked one up at a gun shop for $500 in what looks like almost un used condition. It doesn't have HK markins on it so I'm assuming that it was imported by Benelli. It's in the police/riot gun configuration with the extended mag tube and shorter barrel (looks like 18.5).

I sort of impulse purchased it. The gun looks like it was somebodies home defense shot gun that they took to the range one or twice a year for the last 20 years. The wood is in excellent condition as is the finish, just some marks from what looks like handling and light shooting.

My main concern is where can I buy spare parts? My research tells me that there werent many of these guns imported and that spare parts are no longer made by HK or Benelli?

I mainly bought the gun because I wanted a reliable Semi Auto riot shotgun to use in a pinch as well as something to start out in three gun.

thespaceghost
06-15-11, 12:23
I'm looking for a little information on this shotgun. My understanding is that it was the precursor to the M1 Super 90. I just picked one up at a gun shop for $500 in what looks like almost un used condition. It doesn't have HK markins on it so I'm assuming that it was imported by Benelli. It's in the police/riot gun configuration with the extended mag tube and shorter barrel (looks like 18.5).

I sort of impulse purchased it. The gun looks like it was somebodies home defense shot gun that they took to the range one or twice a year for the last 20 years. The wood is in excellent condition as is the finish, just some marks from what looks like handling and light shooting.

My main concern is where can I buy spare parts? My research tells me that there werent many of these guns imported and that spare parts are no longer made by HK or Benelli?

I mainly bought the gun because I wanted a reliable Semi Auto riot shotgun to use in a pinch as well as something to start out in three gun.

Shoot it! There is not much published on it as you cited. If you enter it in to google you may come up with a $20 manual, but that is about it. Parts are not available, but it will last a long long time!

It cycles and shoots Bennelli fast. You will like it. I have one I had tapped for replaceable chokes, and use it for hunting birds and deer and have used it in 3 gun matches for years. Only modification I suggest is to pick up a Limbsaver slip-on recoil pad-much more comfy for slugs or heavy field loads than just the bare wood buttstock.

Enjoy your Bennelli at a bargain price!

Artos
06-28-12, 20:29
ttt...wondering if any other members have any trigger time or LE were ever issued this gun?? The info I can find points me to believe most of these were issue weapons.

I have been a M1 junkie for a long time and always found this to be an interesting rig...found one nib & had to have it.

anyone??