PDA

View Full Version : Endplates need some ideas.

ffhounddog
03-10-11, 10:42
I have two lowers that just need a new endplate and I do not know which one to get. Witch one would be good for running a sling from the endplate of the reciever to the QD point on a Daniel Defense 7.0 or 9.0 Omega rail.

Hmac
03-10-11, 10:51
It's a preference thing. If you're going to use a hook on your sling, a Magpul ASAP plate works OK, although I don't really care for its bulkiness and the dangling metal loop. I have all my slings set up with QD swivels and have come to prefer the Noveske QD endplate.

ffhounddog
03-10-11, 10:53
I have been thinking Noveske as well but in the past two years there have been many new offerings from other companies as well.

Palmguy
03-10-11, 11:06
I haven't seen anything more low-profile than the Noveske part. It's not that expensive either...

Stickman
03-10-11, 11:17
I haven't seen anything more low-profile than the Noveske part. It's not that expensive either...

I don't think we will see anything that is actually better than the Noveske QD end plate.

Stickman
03-10-11, 11:30
I was just on arfcom and saw that Daniel Defense copied Noveske and is making the same end plate. The difference being the DD version is aluminum instead of steel.

ASH556
03-10-11, 13:22
I was initially going to run the DD, as the rest of my rifle is DD, but the Noveske is:
1) 1/2 the price
2) Steel vs Aluminum
3) Lower profile. I believe the DD will not let you close your stock all the way.

I would recommend the Noveske.

arizonaranchman
03-10-11, 13:37
I was initially going to run the DD, as the rest of my rifle is DD, but the Noveske is:
1) 1/2 the price
2) Steel vs Aluminum
3) Lower profile. I believe the DD will not let you close your stock all the way.

I would recommend the Noveske.

Go with Novesky... That QD endplate is STEEL - far stronger under the duress which a single point sling will give and the softer aluminum under heavy use just may not stand up to that.

mvician
03-10-11, 17:22
The IKH SLAP is another good choice if you're going to run a hook at the receiver end.

jackblack73
03-10-11, 18:11
Does the Noveske with the QD mount get in the way of the hand? For example when manipulating the safety?

For that matter, does the Magpul ASAP? It looks like the ASAP is high enough that it wouldn't be in the way.

Palmguy
03-10-11, 18:38
Does the Noveske with the QD mount get in the way of the hand? For example when manipulating the safety?

No...

jackblack73
03-10-11, 19:31
GG&G also has a steel QD end plate. What I really like is they offer an angled sling swivel.

Robb Jensen
03-10-11, 20:32
I have been thinking Noveske as well but in the past two years there have been many new offerings from other companies as well.

The Noveske and DD QD endplates are what I use.

SteveL
03-10-11, 20:34
The Noveske and DD QD endplates are what I use.

Do you have a preference for one over the other for any reason?

Robb Jensen
03-10-11, 20:39
Do you have a preference for one over the other for any reason?

No both are great. DDs are easier for me to get since we're a DD dealer and stock them.

SteveL
03-10-11, 20:42
No both are great. DDs are easier for me to get since we're a DD dealer and stock them.

Thanks.

ssracer
03-10-11, 20:44

that's what I went with on mine and I love it. Takes up no more space than a standard endplate.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5216/5419925011_62af736573_b.jpg

Hmac
03-10-11, 22:27
It's possible to overthink this.

Eric D.
03-10-11, 23:09
I use the Noveske QD endplate. With the swivel clipped in, you can't close the stock all the way but doesn't make a difference for me.

ASH556
03-11-11, 07:20
I use the Noveske QD endplate. With the swivel clipped in, you can't close the stock all the way but doesn't make a difference for me.

I have not found this to be true. I run an LMT SOPMOD on the LMT receiver ext. And my stock does close all the way with a swivel plugged in.

justin_247
03-11-11, 07:33
I have not found this to be true. I run an LMT SOPMOD on the LMT receiver ext. And my stock does close all the way with a swivel plugged in.

But does it really matter if it closes all the way or not? The only time I have my stock fully collapsed is when I store it.

kwelz
03-11-11, 07:37

Same here. I run this on every one of my guns and I use VLTOR IMod and EMod stocks. All close with no problem. I also used it with a CTR at one point and had no problem closing the stock all the way.

ffhounddog
03-11-11, 07:47
If you use a EMOD stock and body armor I run it all the way in. If I run slick then I am just one position out.

Stickman
03-11-11, 08:42
But does it really matter if it closes all the way or not? The only time I have my stock fully collapsed is when I store it.

I'm typically clearing buildings in armor, and have the stock all the way closed. The most my stock goes out in one position.

ETA- I use the Noveske QD endpalte on my duty pig along with the Magpul CTR without any trouble.

Mr. Goodtimes
03-11-11, 08:53
I really like the DD QD endplate. I use a Gear Sector two point sling.

Stickman
03-11-11, 09:14
I really like the DD QD endplate. I use a Gear Sector two point sling.

The old one that sticks out, or the new one that looks like the Noveske?

kdcgrohl
03-11-11, 09:20

I haven't found this to be the case with my Noveske. SOPMOD, IMOD & CTR will all collapse with a qd inserted into the Noveske. I had to trim an EMOD slightly with a half moon shape to go around the qd swivel button.

I have a Noveske & a couple standard end plates with Tango Down PR-4's behind them.
At one point, I also had an IKICKHIPPIES SLAP plate. Good piece, but I moved to all qds.

Mr. Goodtimes
03-11-11, 09:28
The old one that sticks out, or the new one that looks like the Noveske?

I have the old style one that sticks out.

RichDC2
03-11-11, 15:38
i have both the Noveske and the DD. I cannot fully close the stock with the DD, i can with the Noveske. I have tried both with Moe's, CTR's, Emod's and factory m-4 stocks. Both are made well, but i would rather have the option to close it.

Ironman8
04-06-11, 21:32
Is there any chance (over time) for the QD "hole", for lack of a better term, to wear out and not be functional any longer?

I have always used the Magpul ASAP, but my next build is coming straight from Noveske...with their QD endplate, so I didn't know how I'd like it....