PDA

View Full Version : Blackheart (BHI-15 S) ?

seadeclan
03-10-11, 14:56
Saw a positive write up on this company and the model 15 S - did a search there were a few that were a year ago mainly about parts - good. Now selling full rifles as one noted above - not cheap - $1800+. Anybody have any experience with their full AR's - quality etc. Have to admit had not heard of them until saw article - but positive review in trade mag mean nothing as I have yet to read a negative review about anything in a trade mag - not going to irritate the advertisers.

Thanks

Fr3EK
03-10-11, 15:27
Never heard of them.

They use a 1:9 twist on their barrels that come with the rifle you mentioned and the barrels are supposedly made by a division at Kreiger. The barrels are chome-lined, but not hammer forged.

Looks like they use Magpul MBUS for that rifle you mentioned.

Accessories include: Magpul CTR Stock, Aluminum free-float tube, Geissele SSA 2-stage trigger, Magpul MBUS sights, and Surefire flash hider/suppressor adapter

Sais they are built by a former gunsmith for the A.M.U. (Army Marksmanship Unit)

In my opinion you can build a much better rifle for alot less, get in contact with BCM or DD or Grant at gandrtactical.com and they will take care of you :)

03-10-11, 15:29
IIRC there is nothing special about their rifles. I remember reading the specs but can't recall much. I do remember it's 1/9 twist so that kills it for me. For that amount of money, I'd go with a known quality product: Colt, BCM, DD, Noveske, LaRue. For a little more over the $1800, you can step into a KAC.