PDA

View Full Version : FNP-45

RetiredCO
03-11-11, 01:27
Picked one up 2 weeks ago only have 200 rounds fired so far.
Ammo used
100 rounds Remington 230 grain jhp
100 rounds Remington 230 grain fmj
No feeding problems
No extracting problems
Reliability
200 rounds is by no means a large round count
So for now it has been reliable

FNP-45 features
- Textured and checkered frame surfaces for enhanced operator grip

- Two interchangeable backstrap inserts with lanyard holes

- Integrated accessory rail for mounting tactical lights or lasers

- Full-length guide rod and flat-coil recoil spring

- Ambidextrous frame-mounted decocking levers

- Ambidextrous magazine release buttons

- Ambidextrous slide release levers

- Loaded chamber indicator on external extractor

- C-More Systems™ fixed three-dot combat sights

- Three magazines, owner’s manual, locking device and lockable fitted hard case come standard
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/cjstinks/100_2332-2.jpg?t=1299194039

SPECS
Caliber: 45 ACP

- Operation: DA/SA with Manual Safety

- 1 in 16" RH Twist Rate

- Barrel Length: 4.5”

- Overall Length: 7.85”

- Height: 6.33”

- Width: 1.58”

- Weight: 32.4 oz. empty

- Magazine: 14- or 10-round magazines

- Interchangeable arched and flat backstrap inserts with lanyard holes

Shooting the FNP-45
Distance = 25 meters
My second box of Remington the JHP
I did a hand held all in single action
35 round group minus 1 flyer of a little under 4 1/2"s
Indoors
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/cjstinks/100_2320-1-1.jpg?t=1299195227http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/cjstinks/100_2319.jpg?t=1299195227

Conclusion
200 rounds is not many in forming any solid Conclusion
But so far I am very happy with the FNP-45http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/cjstinks/100_2340.jpg?t=1299194039
I know some might find it to big for carry but for me it's not a problem and I like the feel of it in my hands and that is all I care about.;)

Pistol Shooter
03-11-11, 11:29
Very nice range report. Congratulations on your new FNP-45!

Looks like a keeper. :D

deeHKman
03-11-11, 13:27
Congrats on your new FN. I live not to far from FN in Columbia, SC
I never hear nothing but good things about them. I hope the name catches on more. I for one like high capacity .45's like yours. My favorites are my HK USP's and my Glock 21st rtf2. 200 rds should give you a idea of how you like it. Looks like you have no problem shooting it nice shooting. Thanks for the time for a range report and the pics sure looks good also, ;)

RetiredCO
03-11-11, 14:17
Pistol Shooter & deeHKman
Thanks ,
I also have an HK-45.
I am new to polymer being a 1911 only owner in the past but I now
have total respect for Glocks ... HK's .... FNP's ..M&P's ..XD's and so on.
I know accurate hand guns having Baer's 1 1/2" upgrade and other accuarte 1911's and what groups I can get at 25 meters with them.
I now feel the same about a well made polymer. ;)

dvdlpzus
03-11-11, 23:37
Pistol Shooter & deeHKman
Thanks ,
I also have an HK-45.

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to compare both? Can you take pictures of both? Which one do you like more?

skyugo
03-12-11, 01:02
i loathed the FNP 9 that i shot, but looks like that puppy works good for you. :cool:

RetiredCO
03-12-11, 04:22
You have mail
I am not a Kool aid drinker for HK or FNP
I sent you a private message with JMO on which one I like better.;)

http://kara.allthingsd.com/files/2009/09/kool-aid-man.jpg

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to compare both? Can you take pictures of both? Which one do you like more?

RetiredCO
03-12-11, 04:47
Don't hold back your feelings on the FNP 9 :D
It is great that there are so many pistols out there for us to find ones we like.
I say to each his own ;)

i loathed the FNP 9 that i shot, but looks like that puppy works good for you. :cool:

ffhounddog
03-12-11, 05:13
If FN made a Pistol the size of a Glock 19 like a FNX compact I would trade my Glocks for them in a heart beat. I rate this gun better than the M&P. They say a 10 pound trigger on DA but if it is it pulls more like 7-8 pounds. It is better than my Sigs.

My FNX-9 is a great shooter and will be the last gun I get rid of. Well maybe my custom G19 but next to last.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c68/ffhounddog/IMG_20110212_064044.jpg

ffh

Great gun and a Great company. I know I have friends who hate me because I have traded all my ex wife's guns for guns that I want. (That right there with holster was $475)

AMMOTECH
03-12-11, 11:52
:)

I'm glad that ya'll like your FN's.

Later tonight I'll post a pic of my FNP-9M that I got here at the factory a few years back.

EDIT: The -9M is very close in size to the G-19. Maybe they will do another run of them sometime.

BCO30
03-13-11, 12:08
Do you have any problem with the hammer "bitting" your hand?

The hammer reminds me of a Browning HP that I have. I had to have a gunsmith modify the stock HP hammer because it was cutting the web of my hand pretty good after extended shooting.

RetiredCO
03-13-11, 18:29
??????
Did I say anything in my posting of having any problems with anything on the FNP ????
In fact I said
"But so far I am very happy with the FNP-45
I know some might find it to big for carry but for me it's not a problem and I like the feel of it in my hands and that is all I care about"

Do you have any problem with the hammer "bitting" your hand?

The hammer reminds me of a Browning HP that I have. I had to have a gunsmith modify the stock HP hammer because it was cutting the web of my hand pretty good after extended shooting.

BCO30
03-13-11, 21:13
Good deal. Just wondering:agree: Sorry if I was out of line for asking a simple question.

skyugo
03-14-11, 02:57
Don't hold back your feelings on the FNP 9 :D
It is great that there are so many pistols out there for us to find ones we like.
I say to each his own ;)

absolutely man, i hear they're reliable, and FN is a top tier manufacturer.
certainly looks like it works a lot better in your hands than mine. :cool:

RetiredCO
03-14-11, 04:13
Not trying to bust balls but if I had that problem I would have said so.
nothing to be sorry about on your end.;)
stay safe !!!!!

Good deal. Just wondering:agree: Sorry if I was out of line for asking a simple question.

RetiredCO
03-14-11, 04:15
absolutely man, i hear they're reliable, and FN is a top tier manufacturer.
certainly looks like it works a lot better in your hands than mine. :cool:
Peace Bro !!!!!!
stay safe !!!!

ZRH
03-14-11, 06:10
Do you plan on 2000-round-challenge-ing it? No pressure of course, just really curious about the reliability of these. To say internet and magazine accounts of FTF are wildly varying would be mild.

RetiredCO
03-14-11, 12:38
This guy does decent reviews http://www.youtube.com/user/Sturmgewehre#p/u/68/3T35y3H6Sic

I am only using mine for carry and back-up home defense pistol..
not rolling in dirt or any hard use :D
I have also seen accounts of FTF and ones of FNP's running like clockwork.
I go by my own shooting of how a gun works and shoots for me.
I will say the reports of them being accurate at 25 yards for me have been true so far.
I reload for my 1911's and will use factory ammo for the fnp so shooting it will take a while to get to 2000 rounds.
I shoot more for accuracy than anything else so this pistol will not be used as much as my 1911's.

Do you plan on 2000-round-challenge-ing it? No pressure of course, just really curious about the reliability of these. To say internet and magazine accounts of FTF are wildly varying would be mild.

ZRH
03-15-11, 00:57
Word, thanks for the link. :)

mashed68
03-15-11, 13:32
When was the gun made? Older mags tend to mis-feed winchester white box. If you have that problem just order some new mags, they made them a little longer for the overly long WWB ammo.

williejc
03-15-11, 20:58
Two years ago I had an FNP-45 with 5 mags, which had trouble seating unless hit hard. Also, with each, the slide would fail to stay back on last shot. This ocurred after a few hundred rds. Those replaced by the factory did same. Maybe things have changed.

smith934
04-09-11, 11:42
When was the gun made? Older mags tend to mis-feed winchester white box. If you have that problem just order some new mags, they made them a little longer for the overly long WWB ammo.

Glad I did a search first before starting a new thread. I experienced this very failure with all 3 mags for my new FNP 45 Tactical last weekend. The WWB hangs up in the mag tube. Switched to a box of Blazer that came with the gun in, lieu of change, and it ran like a top. Guess I'll be ordering new mags. Thanks for the info.