PDA

View Full Version : Bolt-Action Action?

MookNW
03-11-11, 02:15
I've been wanting to get my feet wet in some long range shooting for a little while now. Does anyone have any recommendations of where I could get some basic instruction, wisdom and gear recommendation on shooting somewhat LR (to start at least).
I've been lurking on snipershide for a bit and think I may know which direction I wanna go to start out . I'd like to find a deal on a 20" 700 in .308(as my only rifles are 5.56 m4 style), but before I chunk down a tax return on some glass, I'd like some real field use to know what I really need vs what I really want.
Hell, if someone's got a couple bolt guns and access to a long range, I'd bring provisions and a gang of .308 for us to shoot, if you could share some experience with me.
Or we could do a PNW event around this kind of shooting. I don't care, just want to learn.
-MOok

bkb0000
03-11-11, 02:22
a PNW LR shoot... that actually sounds appealing. and here i just posted my only LR bolt gun on NWFA, concluding i'll probably never have a use for it again...

you might give Titleist a PM. i don't know how much LR he does, but i know he does 600-1000m LR shooting at TCGC, maybe elsewhere. aside from him, out of our now 69 members, i'm sure some of our guys are into that shit.

PieceKeeper
03-11-11, 10:34
I'd like to get in on this too.

I've got a Tikka T3 in .308 that's just sitting in a case. I just don't know anyone that shoots long range to learn from.

GlockWRX
03-24-11, 09:40
I just noticed that Magpul has expanded their courses to include long range precision shooting for both bolt guns and SPR/SDM rifles. Extra special bonus points: The vast majority of the training is held in Yakima.

See here (http://www.magpuldynamics.com/training/precision.shtml)...

tradja
03-30-11, 00:06
I'm tempted to attend one of the amazingly-frequent Magpul LR classes in Yakima, or one of the Oregon Precision Firearms Training rifle classes this summer.