View Full Version : Magazine

AR3
03-11-11, 15:21
Any recommendations for a magazine for combat rifles that isn't all advertisements?

Thanks.

BIGUGLY
03-11-11, 15:34
Magpul and Brownells

darr3239
03-11-11, 15:41
I think he wants to read.

TOrrock
03-11-11, 15:45
Search button is your friend.

ZRH
03-11-11, 16:07
I can see how it would be hard to search for. Magazine is mentioned in most of the threads here.

Small Arms Review (http://www.smallarmsreview.com/) is interesting and B&N normally has it

AR3
03-11-11, 18:26
Search button is your friend.

Thanks for obvious. Helpful as usual.

I can see how it would be hard to search for. Magazine is mentioned in most of the threads here.

Small Arms Review (http://www.smallarmsreview.com/) is interesting and B&N normally has it

Thank you, going to pick up a copy tonight.

warpigM-4
03-11-11, 18:28
P -mags Magpul ,Love them

Icculus
03-11-11, 18:55
Any recommendations for a magazine for combat rifles that isn't all advertisements?

Thanks.

So for the sake of argument; which magazines do you consider to be all advertising hype?

Buy pmags and call it a day

Ash Hess
03-11-11, 19:21
Wow.
At times this forum makes me shake my head.

Anyway, advertising is the money maker. Good luck.

shittercrewchief
03-11-11, 19:31
SWAT is the only one i read. Mostly because of Pat rogers articles.

TOrrock
03-11-11, 19:47
If you're talking about a periodical, then SAR is indeed one of the best.

Very much depends on what you're looking for.

Coming into the AR technical section and asking about magazines usually means you're looking for information about ammunition feeding devices, which the topic of has been flogged to ****ing death, yet people join up and still ask the same questions over and over again.

Good luck in your search.

SeriousStudent
03-11-11, 20:31

Seriously??

You have been here exactly one week, ask an ambiguously-worded question, and flip a sarcastic comment at Templar?

Did you ever bother to do a bit of digging into who you did that to? There's likely only a few people on this board, or this country, that know more about firearms than he does. He's a former mod here, and is accorded a large degree of respect for his encyclopedic knowledge.

If I wanted to know the design specs of an AK mag made 16 years ago at Izhmash, I'd ask him.

If I wanted to know a good periodical that offered sound information, I would ask him.

Enjoy your stay, however long that is. :confused:

Iraqgunz
03-11-11, 23:16
Please check yourself. Templar is a very senior member and former moderator. Your question was ignorantly worded and asked.

Thank you, going to pick up a copy tonight.