PDA

View Full Version : LGS has HK USP for $540 OTD

Eurodriver
03-11-11, 20:46
Is that a deal? I've never have an HK anything, and I have no idea how the USPs are. Its in .45 ACP, and its a big ole thing. This won't be a CCW weapon obviously but I'm never one to pass up on a gun that I've had my eyes set on for a while.

Are they reliable? Accurate? Ammo sensitive?

Ed L.
03-11-11, 20:50
Who is LGS?

In my experience the USPs are reliable & durable and fairly accurate.

El Pistolero
03-11-11, 20:53
Who is LGS?

LGS = Local Gun Store.

EDIT: I passed up a USP 9mm for $500 from one of my buddies a long time ago. I've kicked myself ever since for not jumping on it and have been looking for a USP compact 9mm for under $700 ever since.

C-grunt
03-11-11, 21:01
I'd say a good handgun at a good price.

opmike
03-11-11, 23:31
I doubt if you'll find any complaints of the USP line when it comes to function.

And, we of course can't comment about this particular model you found at your local store as you've given us nothing about its condition. Buds has USP 45's for around $800 IIRC.

I'm a bit of a cynic when it comes to handgun accuracy claims, but most of these combat pistols will do their part if you do yours.

warpigM-4
03-11-11, 23:35
BUY IT:eek: I love my USP 45 compact .Built like a tank and mine is very accurate ,eats any ammo I feed it.

dvdlpzus
03-11-11, 23:46
For that money you should probably buy yourself an M&P45 and be much happier. :)

Eurodriver
03-12-11, 00:03
I can't believe I forgot rule #1 of asking this sort of question.

It is in 95% condition. Some wear on the barrel from the slide, but nothing you wouldn't see after a few hundred rounds. The frame is in great shape, it has 3 dot sights, I'm not sure if they are night sights or not. I'm not too familiar with the HK platform.

It doesn't say "Compact" on the slide, and definitely doesn't feel compact, so I will say its just the standard USP .45

What's the mag capacity in a free state for these? If its not a "super" deal, then I will pass on it. It takes 2 weeks and 3 trips to the police station to buy a handgun here but if its a deal I will put up with the hassle and pick it up. I am in Hawaii currently and will be moving to the mainland shortly, if used USP .45's sell for $600 on average I would just wait till I got home and buy it the American way.

dvdlpzus
03-12-11, 00:14
if used USP .45's sell for $600 on average I would just wait till I got home and buy it the American way.

http://www.summitgunbroker.com/USP_40_V1.html

This is the 40S&W version. That is about the standard price they go. Add $40 for s&h and transfer fee.

ChicagoTex
03-12-11, 10:01
USP45s are more expensive (and more rare) than USP9s and USP40s so comparing them pricing-wise doesn't work on any level. $540 OTD is a pretty good deal, and they are excellent guns. Just some people don't care for the ergonomics (I actually love 'em).

dvdlpzus
03-12-11, 10:08
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=219718321

I found this one in gunbroker.

Pistol Shooter
03-12-11, 10:28
That's a good price on a great pistol. Jump on it! :)

Spiffums
03-12-11, 11:57
I gave $525 for my USP 45. Not sure if he gave me the good Customer discount or not. I do know the next batch he got in were $100 higher. But that could just mean he had to give more for that set of guns.

rebelfirearms
03-12-11, 12:07
Also you should look up the date codes from the gun and see how old it is...

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?79909-HK-Date-Codes

deeHKman
03-12-11, 12:49
I would jump on it. The USP's are extremely durable and more than combat accurate by a long way. Plus they have their recoil reduction system i shoot .45+P's and they feel mild. Comparing to a M&P well any HK is miles above any M&P. Mine fits my hands very well. The 12 rd mags for free states are standard.

deeHKman
03-12-11, 12:56
USP45s are more expensive (and more rare) than USP9s and USP40s so comparing them pricing-wise doesn't work on any level. $540 OTD is a pretty good deal, and they are excellent guns. Just some people don't care for the ergonomics (I actually love 'em).

Good post, i actually love the ergo.'s myself. This gun the OP is looking at sounds like it has not been shot much at all another plus and the price he will never lose money,:cool:

fhpchris
03-12-11, 13:02
I CCW my USP .45 Tactical.

USP .45s are very very good guns. Miles above anything else you could buy for ~540$.

It is easy to put a match trigger in it or a LEM if you desire later down the road.

It is a very soft shooting .45.