PDA

View Full Version : Colt LPK = roll pins?

Jimbo45
03-11-11, 20:57
I ordered some Colt bolt catch pins and trigger guard pivot pins, to use in place of the roll pins that came with some DD and PSA LPKs. I prefer to use true "coil" pins, like CMT uses, and, I thought, like Colt used. They arrived yesterday, and they are just roll pins and not coil pins. When did Colt start using roll pins????? :confused:

Toyoland66
03-11-11, 22:42
I ordered a colt trigger guard roll pin from brownells about 8 months ago and it is a standard roll pin ( non spiral)

ZRH
03-11-11, 22:50
Split roll pins are standard, always have been afaik. :confused:

Iraqgunz
03-12-11, 00:43
I am confused or maybe it's late. They have always used roll pins AFAIK.

I ordered some Colt bolt catch pins and trigger guard pivot pins, to use in place of the roll pins that came with some DD and PSA LPKs. I prefer to use true "coil" pins, like CMT uses, and, I thought, like Colt used. They arrived yesterday, and they are just roll pins and not coil pins. When did Colt start using roll pins????? :confused:

Jimbo45
03-12-11, 01:26
I am confused or maybe it's late. They have always used roll pins AFAIK.

Yeah, it is late, and I have been wrong before, but I would have sworn the pins Colt used were the coil, spiral type. Problem is, I don't have a Colt lower presently nearby, to look. I do however, have, several Colt side sling adapters, that have the coil, spiral type pins. I guess I need to check out a Colt lower to confirm that I am/am not crazy....

bp7178
03-12-11, 02:03
I never had a problem with a pin until trying to drive one of the spiral type for a bolt catch.

If i'm figuring this right, what you guys are describing as the spiral type are just made up of a thinner wire which is coiled more times?

Yeah, bent that bitch quick. Came with a CMT/Stag LPK.

Went to the hardware store and a got a roll pin and all was good again.

The way this industry seems to be setup, i'm wondering if whoever most of the manufactures contract roll pins with changed it along the way.

Iraqgunz
03-12-11, 02:43
The ones for the sling mount are slightly different- you are right. Everything else is a roll pin AFAIK.

Yeah, it is late, and I have been wrong before, but I would have sworn the pins Colt used were the coil, spiral type. Problem is, I don't have a Colt lower presently nearby, to look. I do however, have, several Colt side sling adapters, that have the coil, spiral type pins. I guess I need to check out a Colt lower to confirm that I am/am not crazy....

jonconsiglio
03-12-11, 20:53
I have a '72 Colt and it has the roll pins.

ohiorifleman
03-12-11, 22:07
The last two Armalite LPK's I used had the "Coil" type pins- that was better than a year ago.