PDA

View Full Version : Spike's ST Compressor

5cary
03-12-11, 11:43
Anyone see the Spike's Tactical Compressor (http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/st-compressor-sbr-nfa-p-491.html) yet? I did a forum search and found no references to it:

My experience with suppressors is limited to 14.5"+. I'm in the process of exploring a suppressed SBR now. Leaning toward a Novesske 10.5" with an AAC mini. The ST looks intersting, but a supressor on a 8" bbl seems...stressful.

JasonM
03-14-11, 11:32
Anyone see the Spike's Tactical Compressor (http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/st-compressor-sbr-nfa-p-491.html) yet? I did a forum search and found no references to it:

My experience with suppressors is limited to 14.5"+. I'm in the process of exploring a suppressed SBR now. Leaning toward a Novesske 10.5" with an AAC mini. The ST looks intersting, but a supressor on a 8" bbl seems...stressful.

It's a Spike's SBR (didn't see the barrel length, is it 8"?) with an OPS M4s can.
That OPS is a small, cheap and loud can.

(Normal disclaimer- EVERY small can will be loud on an SBR, make sure you are realistic about expectations)

For the price, and for proven performance, I'd certainly go your original plan of Noveske and AAC. It is more flexible in terms of actually being useable with the can unmounted, longer barrel for better sound and better terminal effects.

Considering it is listed as shipping in 10-12 weeks, and specs are still TBD, I'd steer clear for now. YMMV.

5cary
03-14-11, 12:00
It's a Spike's SBR (didn't see the barrel length, is it 8"?) with an OPS M4s can.
That OPS is a small, cheap and loud can.

(Normal disclaimer- EVERY small can will be loud on an SBR, make sure you are realistic about expectations)...

Thanks for the input, sir. My expectations revolve around keeping blast, flash and sound to "un-obnoxious" levels. I certainly don't expect M42K/16" performance (or even close). Your input on the Ops can is appreciated.

Honestly, I'm not *really* interested in an SBR with a pistol length gas system anyway. I'll likely stick with the carbine system. As I said previously, I'm new to suppressors on <16" (I have a suppressed 16"). I had just not heard of such a short/suppressed rifle OTS and was curious to hear opinions. It's all educational and I appreciate your expert thoughts.

JasonM
03-14-11, 12:26
Thanks for the input, sir. My expectations revolve around keeping blast, flash and sound to "un-obnoxious" levels. I certainly don't expect M42K/16" performance (or even close). Your input on the Ops can is appreciated.

Honestly, I'm not *really* interested in an SBR with a pistol length gas system anyway. I'll likely stick with the carbine system. As I said previously, I'm new to suppressors on <16" (I have a suppressed 16"). I had just not heard of such a short/suppressed rifle OTS and was curious to hear opinions. It's all educational and I appreciate your expert thoughts.

your expectations sound right on.