PDA

View Full Version : CDNNSports AR Mags?

oldsmoboat
03-12-11, 17:16
A search didn't turn up anything on these mags. Anyone used them?
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/ar22310thmam.html
AR-15 223 10rd Thermold Master Molder Military Mag

http://oldsmoboat.com/stuff/mag.gif

christcorp
03-12-11, 18:37
I can only speak for the 20 round magazines made by Master-Mold that are marked "Law/Govt Use". (CDDN has them for $3.99). I've done extensive studies and experiments with them. I really like them. I am not normally a fan of plastic magazines, but the Master-Mold "LAW/GOVT USE" 20 round magazines are the exception. "FOR ME".

I am not a fan of the Thermold 30 round magazine. And honestly; I've never tried the 10 round magazine. The 20 rounders are "NEW/Old Surplus" that was available ONLY to law enforcement and government agencies during the Automatic Weapons Ban of 1994-2004. I have found the quality/reliability to be awesome. I really can't comment on the 10 rounders, other than to say: "Buy a couple and make your own decision based on your own opinion". I can't tell the date on the 10 rounders from the picture. If your state doesn't allow 20 rounders, then you'll have to try one of the 10 rounders for yourself. I've never needed a 10 rounder. They're $2 more than the 20 rounder, and the 20 rounder I can verify were made for Law Enforcement and government use and not originally for civilians.

Please, let us know if you buy/try them. If you are allowed above 10 round magazines; then you will be very pleased with the 20 round Master-Mold LAW/Govt use surplus magazines.

SomeOtherGuy
03-12-11, 18:47
I've used some of the Thermold 20's from CDNN. They work fine but feel very cheap and flimsy, especially compared to a Pmag or Tangodown ARC. But, again, they work fine. I have not used or seen the 10's or 30's. If you're in a ban state I expect the 10's are worth trying, and if not I would pass.

oldsmoboat
03-12-11, 19:46
I am in California...

I ordered two to try them out.

Doxiedad
06-04-11, 02:38
I ordered my M&P 15 from CDNN and they threw in 10 of the thermold 20 round mags. They seem to work fine other than they will not hold the bolt open on empty. Tried all the mags and no go. Regular GI mags do fine, but unless I have my hand on the bottom of the mag pushing up they won't hold the bolt open.

duece71
06-04-11, 08:18
I have not used the Thermolds but at $3.99 a pop it might be worth a try. I have used the Israeli Orlite mags and they are very nice, no problems with them at all. I have read somewhere to watch out for front or rear seam split near the top of the mag which may occur if kept loaded over time. I have not seen this at all and if it does occur, straight to the trash. Thermolds may not have this issue. Let us know, I would like to try them out as well.