PDA

View Full Version : RTF2 vs Standard Gen 3 19

NC Buckeye
03-12-11, 19:57
I am picking up a 2nd G19 to serve as a spare. Should I get exactly the same as my current or venture out and get the RTF2?

Obviously the sights and trigger would be the same.

Ak44
03-12-11, 20:18
I personally keep all my duplicate training guns the exact same configuration as my carry gun. If you want something a little different sure why not? Variety is the spice of life :cool:

Palmguy
03-12-11, 20:30
The grip texture is the only difference....everything else is identical. If you like it, there is nothing wrong with having one standard Gen3 and an RTF2 Gen3.

opmike
03-12-11, 20:52
There's not enough difference in the two for it to be a concern for me. I'd get the RTF2.

DocGKR
03-13-11, 00:58
RTF2 is definitely my favorite Glock texture right out of the box; however better yet is to take a standard 3rd gen frame and get a good aggressive custom stippling job like Boresight Solutions or Bowie Tactical performs.

SWATcop556
03-13-11, 05:57
If you ever plan to CCW the weapon then I would not get the RTF2 as it will kill your clothes and skin. Ask me how I know. :no:

NC Buckeye
03-13-11, 08:02
If you ever plan to CCW the weapon then I would not get the RTF2 as it will kill your clothes and skin. Ask me how I know. :no:

The only way I would plan to CCW it, is if I had a REALLY bad day with the other one, and it got taken in as evidence.

d90king
03-13-11, 08:11
I really, really like the RTF2 19's! They IMHO have the perfect texture for a hard use pistol. They are great in hot weather and the texture offers a great purchase on the pistol.

I don't worry about wear on clothing etc, but thats just me.

M4arc
03-13-11, 08:12
RTF2 is definitely my favorite Glock texture right out of the box; however better yet is to take a standard 3rd gen frame and get a good aggressive custom stippling job like Boresight Solutions or Bowie Tactical performs.

I agree with Doc.

I've said several times that the RTF2 is a fantastic configuration (EXACTLY the same as the regular Gen3 internally) but if you've ever carried with it against your skin you realize it's not good for CC (for short periods of time it's okay). If you wear an underarmor shirt or something like that it will tear it up quickly.

I put a piece of bicycle inner tube around mine and it helped but in the end a nice stipple job is probably better for CCW than the RTF2.

GhostB14
03-13-11, 19:56
Gotta agree with what has been said about the RTF2. I love my 19RTF2. Maybe I'm lucky, but I have not had the bare skin issues other have. I have been carrying it for about a year in a CompTac CTAC. I carry from 7am-10pm as long as I'm wearing pants. My carry habits are about to change though as I have added a RCS LC for the G19, and a Gen4 G26 to the safe. It's nice to have options.

lethal dose
03-13-11, 20:09
Go standard and have Noriega tear it up. Rtf2 does wear tshirts thin.

ccrn_csc
03-14-11, 18:14
I gave my RTF2 G19 to my wife when I got my G30 - now I am looking for another one (this time, one with the gills) because I miss it and it is only on the other side of the bedroom.

Get the RTF2 version.

deeHKman
03-14-11, 19:41
The grip texture is the only difference....everything else is identical. If you like it, there is nothing wrong with having one standard Gen3 and an RTF2 Gen3.

I have a pair of 17's and 19's like this. The rtf2 is great.

DHart
03-14-11, 21:21
I recently got a G17 RTF and I totally love this grip! I much prefer it to the Gen 4 grip. Personally, I can live with a little t-shirt wear because the grip is so sharply grippy... love it! I think I will be adding a second G19 (an RTF) to my regular Gen 3 G19, which I've applied the Talon sandpaper grip to. The Talon grips are wonderful as well. Very sticky!

Keith E.
03-14-11, 21:34
I personally like the RTF. Buys more shirts, get callouses, or trade/sell if the RTF is too rough. I've run Gen2, 3 & RTF 23s & the RTF is my favorite and full-time now.

Enjoy the chase.

Keith

OldGreg
03-14-11, 22:18
I just got my 19RTF, but i can't even fathom carrying it IWB. I suppose i'm going to keep an eye out for a Gen2 19 next.

Aanayab1
03-15-11, 00:00
I have the 19RTF2 gen3 and the texture was a bit to abrasive for me. It functions well in the rain/snow/sweaty situations but after 100-200 rounds at range hands were a bit raw, it would also irritate skin as a CCW IWB. My solution was to use 220 grit sandpaper and take off just the sharpness of the texture = All issues solved without the loss of function ability. The perfect grip texture I could ask for!