PDA

View Full Version : good trade?

IShootBlanks
03-13-11, 01:58
good trade ? like new 4th gen Glock 19 for my...

Del-ton 20" lightweight non-CL 2 rail gas block dpms vented FF tube
tasco world class scope and 2 cheap mags

dookie1481
03-13-11, 04:00
good trade ? like new 4th gen Glock 19 for my...

Del-ton 20" lightweight non-CL 2 rail gas block dpms vented FF tube
tasco world class scope and 2 cheap mags

Seriously? Are you seeking validation?

Ak44
03-13-11, 04:17
How much did you pay for the rifle? You can get a 4th gen 19 for $549 so take that for what it's worth.

SWATcop556
03-13-11, 05:52
If you can ditch a Del-ton and get a Glock I call that a win/win. Just sayin'.

ffhounddog
03-13-11, 06:57
I would do it in a heartbeat.

M4arc
03-13-11, 07:28
Sounds good to me.

usmcvet
03-13-11, 07:34
Do you like the guy you're trading with? Sounds like a good trade for you. :D

ralph
03-13-11, 07:55
Sounds like a good trade..I did something simular, I traded a older (10yrs) Bushmaster, It had been altered, had a 22" douglas SS bbl (almost a inch thick) installed, bushmaster free float tube, Jewell trigger, and a burris scope For a excellant+ condition orginial, Blued 70 series Colt 1911..The Colt has not been altered..I think I came out a little ahead, for a change..

Pistol Shooter
03-13-11, 09:21
If you can ditch a Del-ton and get a Glock I call that a win/win. Just sayin'.

Agreed.

IShootBlanks
03-13-11, 14:10
the main reason i ask is i have zero experience with glocks. if it was a 1911 then i'd be fine..

how well do the glocks hold their value?

the del-ton shoots very well... total cost was 580ish.. but del-ton doesnt seem to hold value... and i have a bcm upper that im growing very fond of.

Im trading just the upper btw.. i use the lower still

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-13-11, 14:33
Seriously? Are you seeking validation?

You're type of attitude is getting highly annoying around here and resembles that of TOS.

NeoNeanderthal
03-13-11, 14:43
I dont think its a good trade. Im betting you could sell your delton AR for 600 bucks minimum, then you can buy a holster and a NEW glock (maybe gen 3 if its a 9mm, whatever you want) New + holster is way better then Like new.

if you dont like selling stuff you can bring it to a big box gunstore that sells used like a cabelas (dont know whats in your area) see what they give you for a price.

dookie1481
03-13-11, 20:20
You're type of attitude is getting highly annoying around here and resembles that of TOS.

Everyone is constantly spamming the tech forums with this crap. These sorts of threads are the ones that are making this place resemble TOS.

"should I get x or Y?"
"good trade?"
"what's the best 9mm?"

For a while, these sorts of threads were locked immediately. Perhaps I was a bit rude, and for that I apologize, but damn.

IShootBlanks
03-13-11, 21:09
well the trade is done so you dont have to worry your pretty little head anymore

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-13-11, 22:41
well the trade is done so you dont have to worry your pretty little head anymore

You have to realize where he is coming from. What he said was true, every once in awhile threads will pop up where members are solely seeking validation and atta'boys. Those are annoying.

But, I think youre thread was more for value/knowledge rather than validation.

IShootBlanks
03-14-11, 02:36
yea i kind of can... maybe he did misinterpret what i was trying to get from you guys..

ive always kind of blown off glocks and similiar guns as ugly and overpriced plastic.. and was more curious about
a. the glock serving me well
b. how glocks have served others
c. what the value of secondhand glocks and and del-ton

thanks for your help everyone. now i need to take it out and see how it performs on its own accord and in tandem with my shooting style and preference... my 1911 will come with me though she gets jealous when i leave her home

rathos
03-14-11, 03:02
Not to sound like a dick, but if those were your questions I suggest doing a search for Glock. I can't even remember the amount of threads I have seen on Glocks, especially the 19. I think most here would agree the Glock 19 is a pretty decent gun and the perfect mix of a duty/ccw pistol. Even for someone like me that doesn't like glocks, I would have a hard time saying it the 19 is a bad pistol.

yea i kind of can... maybe he did misinterpret what i was trying to get from you guys..

ive always kind of blown off glocks and similiar guns as ugly and overpriced plastic.. and was more curious about
a. the glock serving me well
b. how glocks have served others
c. what the value of secondhand glocks and and del-ton

thanks for your help everyone. now i need to take it out and see how it performs on its own accord and in tandem with my shooting style and preference... my 1911 will come with me though she gets jealous when i leave her home

dookie1481
03-14-11, 12:46
I was a dick, and I apologize, OP.

I find this site to be a valuable resource, and as of late it seems to be under siege by a legion of retards from other sites posting inane questions that could be answered with a 30 second Google search. Your question wasn't exactly one of those, and my knee-jerk reaction was unwarranted.

IShootBlanks
03-14-11, 15:17
now for this thing... would you all recommend the hogue etc slip over grips?

sadmin
03-14-11, 15:25
I used 3M Safety Walk tape and heated it with a hairdryer, works great. I bought it at Lowes.
Change the sights.

operator81
03-14-11, 16:07
now for this thing... would you all recommend the hogue etc slip over grips?

Bicycle inner-tube. Cheaper, quite "tacky" yet not abrasive against the skin and doesn't cling to your cover garment.