PDA

View Full Version : Friends AR is doubling and tripling.

ghostman1960
03-13-11, 07:04
I have not looked at it yet and while a can install a LPK I don't think I could diagnose his problem. Would replacing the trigger, disconnector and hammer do the trick ? That would be an easy fix if that's all it was.
Thanks

ZRH
03-13-11, 07:22
Grab a disconnector spring too. Replacing everything is the simple thing to do. Something is worn, or someone messed with trigger.

M4arc
03-13-11, 07:26
1. Is it a standard trigger group?
2. Manufacture of the LPK?
3. Did anyone perform a 25 cent trigger job on it?

My guess is someone dicked with it; tried to polish it up or cut the springs and didn't know what they were doing.

Get more details from your friend but I HIGHLY recommend that you replace the entire trigger, disconnector, springs, etc. with standard parts immediately!

masakari
03-13-11, 07:42
The hammer/trigger pins might have also walked loose, I see that all the time at work.

ralph
03-13-11, 08:01
I have not looked at it yet and while a can install a LPK I don't think I could diagnose his problem. Would replacing the trigger, disconnector and hammer do the trick ? That would be an easy fix if that's all it was.
Thanks

He did'nt sent it to a certain well known hack for a $69 trigger job did he?

ghostman1960
03-13-11, 08:37
He has no clue as to what type of LPK is in it. It is a used bushmaster that he bought about a year ago. I am just going to replace everything with DD parts when he brings it over. I have not seen it yet.

M4arc
03-13-11, 08:40
He has no clue as to what type of LPK is in it. It is a used bushmaster that he bought about a year ago. I am just going to replace everything with DD parts when he brings it over. I have not seen it yet.

10-4. My money is on some workbench gunsmith found the 25 cent trigger job instructions on arfcom and screwed it up. Keep us posted.

RAM Engineer
03-13-11, 08:43
I had a DDM4 that was doubling a couple of years ago. Turns out the lower receiver was machined incorrectly with respect to the relative location of the selector switch hole and FCG pin holes. A new lower was all that would fix it.

jc75754
03-13-11, 09:06
I had a DDM4 that was doubling a couple of years ago. Turns out the lower receiver was machined incorrectly with respect to the relative location of the selector switch hole and FCG pin holes. A new lower was all that would fix it.

Same thing happened to me and DD took care of it and added a free p-mag and hat.

Iraqgunz
03-13-11, 12:26
Not sure where you work, but if you are seeing this "all the time" you need to tell someone.

Pins walk loose for a couple of reasons;

1. Incorrectly assembled lower receiver.

2. Springs are worn and need to be replaced.

3. Improperly machined/ out of spec lower.

If these are Colt's or other known quality lowers then I would default to one and two.

The hammer/trigger pins might have also walked loose, I see that all the time at work.

Iraqgunz
03-13-11, 12:32
One thing I learned when troubleshooting is to start with the obvious. It's also a good idea to know what you are looking at;

1. Look at the LPK and make sure that someone did not install a real M16 FCG in the weapon. Trust me on this. A sear is not required to make an AR run full auto.

2. If the hammer and trigger are good to go, then simply replace the springs, to include the disconnector spring. Test fire it again.

3. If it continues then you need to look deeper. If it was out of spec the issue would have manifested itself sooner.

4. I would then closely examine the trigger and hammer. It may seem tedious, but it serves a purpose. You learn how to troubleshoot and you don't spend alot of money unnecessarily.

Thanks