PDA

View Full Version : Will this result in the best quality police officer?

500grains
03-13-11, 10:18
The work of Eric Holder.

I wonder if they only get 58% of the salary too...

Under the previous requirements, candidates had to get a 66% on part one of the exam and a 72% on part two.
The Dayton Police Department is lowering its testing standards for recruits. It's a move required by the U.S. Department of Justice after it says not enough African-Americans passed the exam. The D.O.J. approved new scoring policy only requires potential police officers to get a 58% on part 1 and 63% on part 2. That's the equivalent of an ‘F’ and a ‘D’.

“It becomes a safety issue for the people of our community,” said Dayton Fraternal Order of Police President, Randy Beane. “It becomes a safety issue to have an incompetent officer next to you in a life and death situation."

“The NAACP does not support individuals failing a test and then having the opportunity to be gainfully employed,” agreed Dayton NAACP President Derrick Foward.

http://abc.daytonsnewssource.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wkef_vid_6103.shtml

CRIME RATES FOR DAYTON, OHIO:

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/oh/dayton/crime/

http://dayton.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm

VooDoo6Actual
03-13-11, 10:51
This trend will be continuing & I surmise we all know the outcome etc.

John_Wayne777
03-13-11, 11:04
Nothing new, unfortunately. The doctrine of disparate impact and courts that don't think something like simple math can legitimately be a BFOQ for a job that requires making complex decisions with life or death consequences make this sort of thing possible.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rickrock305
03-13-11, 11:50
Not only stupid but downright dangerous.

recon
03-13-11, 11:54
So this is what our future holds for us? We are doomed! :mad:

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-13-11, 12:17
Yet another reason to assert your own self reliance. Police your own before the 58%'ers do.

Abraxas
03-13-11, 13:12
This trend will be continuing & I surmise we all know the outcome etc.

This trend HAS been continuing for some time.

Irish
03-13-11, 13:51
So basically if you're black and dumb and you want to be a cop move to Dayton. I imagine a lot of these new recruits will end up on www.injusticeeverywhere.com

11B101ABN
03-13-11, 15:15
Lol. It's so effed up, not even the NAACP endorsed it

How is the DOJ leveraging this crap? Does an mandate from the DOJ carry the same juice as a court order?

usmcvet
03-13-11, 17:28
No it will not. I wanted to get a job in Massachusetts and had a score in the high 90's plus a bump for being a Veteran. I never got a call! I stayed in VT after college and it's worked out well for me. The whole testing system is FUBAR.

SWATcop556
03-13-11, 18:36
500grains this is not the first time you have been told NO LE RELATED THREADS. Continued willful violation of forum rules that you have ALREADY received infractions for will not be tolerated. Compliance in this matter is mandatory if you wish to continue being a participating member here at M4C.

This is not your personal blog site.