PDA

View Full Version : centurion arms communication

bssifter
03-13-11, 18:25
I just assembled and fired my first ar this weekend which among other things has an adams arms midlength piston and a 16" centurion barrel.The problem is I think I want the new c4 handguard but don't know if it is compatible with the aa piston system. I had to purchase the barrel from Rainer arms since the centurion site was having issues which still seem to be an issue since it would not let me log on again to ask this question. I also left a phone message which was never returned, WTF. I wish my business was so busy I could ignore customers wanting to give me business.

grinch
03-13-11, 18:42
We have not had an AA piston to test with yet. We know for sure it does not work with CMMG or Stag Arms kits. Someone sent me some of the dimensions to the AA kit and it would be extremely close and I would not guarantee it to work with out testing it myself to see. There maybe room to make some future mods so that it does work and we hope to find out eventually and consider it.

Not sure what issue your having with the website I get E-mails there all the time with no issues and not sure what # you called but as of right now we have no messages that we have not returned.

Thanks
Monty

bssifter
03-13-11, 19:10
Thanks for the quick reply. I did see another post referring to your website but don't remember where. I am just glad I can get a hold of you now. I was on the AA website and they do have required clearances on a line drawing in the faq section on what handguards fit and which ones will work with a little grinding. I have been making my living for 37 years using such tools so if you can check the specs and give an optimistic thumbs up I would like to order one. I would appreciate any consideration you could make on the price and if it doesn't work I could use it on my next lightweight project since I have caught AR fever. Thanks,Ken

nickdrak
03-13-11, 19:46
Grow up. If you signed up here to post bitchy un-informed threads about well respected manufacturers on this site, you may want to find another forum to post on.

I just assembled and fired my first ar this weekend which among other things has an adams arms midlength piston and a 16" centurion barrel.The problem is I think I want the new c4 handguard but don't know if it is compatible with the aa piston system. I had to purchase the barrel from Rainer arms since the centurion site was having issues which still seem to be an issue since it would not let me log on again to ask this question. I also left a phone message which was never returned, WTF. I wish my business was so busy I could ignore customers wanting to give me business.

Iraqgunz
03-13-11, 22:17
OP,

When did you call and email? You do realize that this is a weekend right? You may also want to heed the fact that Monty is probably busy with his day job unless he retired.

I know we live in the McDonalds and microwave age, but that doesn't apply to this business.

How about in the future you try and be a little more understanding and diplomatic.

High Tower
03-13-11, 22:52
OP,

When did you call and email? You do realize that this is a weekend right? You may also want to heed the fact that Monty is probably busy with his day job unless he retired.

I know we live in the McDonalds and microwave age, but that doesn't apply to this business.

How about in the future you try and be a little more understanding and diplomatic.

Agreed! Monty and his company have always been top notch in my experience.

Rana
03-13-11, 23:07

The fact that Monty is a full time "FROGMAN," runs his business, and still finds time for his fam speaks volumes of his work ethic.

You would be hard pressed to find an active duty end user that dedicates so much of his time to this micro entity within an operators spectrum.

Monty is more than just a vendor, he is a student. When someone within NSW asks questions small arms related he is the SOURCE.

Iraqgunz
03-13-11, 23:10
Unless there are objections, this one is closed. Hopefully the OP is happy and he learned something.