PDA

View Full Version : Shooting the Ruger LC9

MilitaryArms
03-14-11, 11:49
Here's part II of my video review of the Ruger LC9. I'm not warming up to the little pocket pistol as I had hoped I would.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVbwG5PcGo8

Questions and comments are welcome.

Pistol Shooter
03-14-11, 11:59
Very well done review, thanks much for posting. :)

Sounds like the trigger is just this side of awful, especially with that long reset. :(

Abraxas
03-14-11, 12:12
Sounds like another vote for a PPS in that category;)

Pistol Shooter
03-14-11, 12:21
Sounds like another vote for a PPS in that category;)

Love my 9mm PPS. :smile:

badness
03-14-11, 12:49
yeah what's up with that? Everyone was talking about the pps a couple years ago....and now all of a sudden it's as if the pistol fell off the face of the planet? I never hear anyone talking about it anymore, nor are there a lot of accessories (holsters specifically) for it. :alcoholic:

I bought a pps and i can't even carry! Yet i think it's still a cool little pistol. It ain't the smallest or lightest, but it does fire full size 9mm or .40 calibers and kinda fits the void inbetween stuff like the LCP and glock 19 quite nicely. And it's THIN!:haha:

Captains1911
04-10-11, 12:33
Here's part II of my video review of the Ruger LC9. I'm not warming up to the little pocket pistol as I had hoped I would.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVbwG5PcGo8

Questions and comments are welcome.

Do you have the slide lock back issue with multiple mags? I have about 300 rds thru mine with 5 different mags, and it locks back every time with all of them.

For the record, I have experienced one malfunction with mine, a FTExtract on the first round of a mag, the spent casing never left the chamber, it was with Federal 115gr target ammo. I'm not sure yet if I should be worried about it.

MilitaryArms
04-10-11, 12:42
I just had the magazine that came with the gun. I've since traded the gun back to my local shop as I've replaced it with the Kahr CM9. But I'm fairly confident it was a magazine issue, others have reported not having issues with their pistols.

mikecon75
04-10-11, 14:20
Can't wait to hear what you think of the pm9. It sounds like a pretty good deal from what I have read so far.

MilitaryArms
04-10-11, 14:28
Can't wait to hear what you think of the pm9. It sounds like a pretty good deal from what I have read so far.

Mikecon,

Here's the review of the Kahr CM9. For the $479 I paid for it new, I'm very happy with the pistol. It's sitting in my pocket at I type this. This is the 9mm pocket pistol I've been looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKXNDstG0R8

I steered away from the PM9 because I didn't want to spend that much money on a pocket pistol I may not like for that role. The CM9 and it's lower price point prompted me to give it a try, and I'm very glad I did.

Beat Trash
04-11-11, 12:07
I've been using a PM9 since about 2005. It's intended purpose is for those times where I can't be armed (Church, visiting in-laws before I was divorced, going out on a first date after I got divorced, ect.)

Mine has been 100% reliable. I use the slide stop on all my guns to reload. It's how I was taught, old habits, ect. I keep it lubed.

There are times I wish it was a bit larger. I still can't shoot the PM9 to the same point I can shoot my Glock 26. The Glock 26 is pushing it for a pocket gun. With a FIST kydex holster, it will work in some pockets, but it's chunky.

I've been thinking about adding a Walther PPS 9mm. With a FIST holster and the 6 rd magazine, using it for a pocket gun in shorts pockets. (Anyone doing this with success?)

I took a look at the LC9. It seemed to me to be a jazzed up KelTec. I wasn't impressed when I held one.

mikecon75
04-11-11, 13:40
Great review of the CM9, thanks for the heads up.

LDM
04-11-11, 15:02
" It's intended purpose is for those times where I can't be armed (Church, visiting in-laws before I was divorced, going out on a first date after I got divorced, ect.)"

Man, that's priceless; especially the in-laws and first date part.
I've had a Kahr PM9 for a couple of years and am very happy with it. Mine took a bit of attention at first, but it was worth the effort. Vast majority of the time I carry the Kahr, it is in a Galco angle holster. e.g. knit shirt + Dockers + loafers.