PDA

View Full Version : LaRue OBR being used by DPS/TX Rangers....

Belmont31R
03-15-11, 03:35
Thought some you might be interested in this....but caught a show by chance this past weekend called "Texas Drug Wars'. Basically they shadow the Texas Rangers in their anti-drug running operations, and in one case they showed a DPS guy shooting at a drug runner truck with a LaRue OBR with an Aimpoint. In the video at the link you see a snippet of it.

http://blogs.discovery.com/discovery-insider/2011/03/pilot-show-texas-drug-wars.html

Glad to see 'local' hardware being used to defend our state....:cool:

F.C.III
03-15-11, 07:29
I saw that show. Pretty neat when he took the shot from a helo and took out the front tire of the truck.

J-Dub
03-16-11, 16:49
Watched the show, good stuff. Its good to know they're using quality gear.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-16-11, 17:52
Hey, knock it off, no talking about LEOs. :p

Titleist
03-16-11, 17:59
Suh-weet!

TXBob
03-17-11, 00:32
First they get me my carry permit in way under the usual time, now this,

Just as I was trying to justify an Armalite AR-10 they go and do that. :alcoholic:
Those guys are gonna drive me to drinking.

TheGreenRanger24
03-17-11, 03:39
Isn't this show the same one that said they issue Bushmasters to their guys on the ground? That made me cringe. :(

austinN4
03-17-11, 06:44
Isn't this show the same one that said they issue Bushmasters to their guys on the ground?
Most likely this one: http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PartNumber=BFM-BCWA3F16M4TXIO

ZGXtreme
03-17-11, 08:50
I knew about the Bushmaster thing but based upon image and perception alone, it always surprises me that it being Texas these men and women with DPS aren't issued a Colt Package with a 1911 and a 6921. Just seems so fitting.

TXBob
03-17-11, 09:43
I never thought of that. Does make sense though. I tell you what those DPS guys don't mess around neither. There was a vehicle chase here in Dallas that involved a hostage and a big rig. All the local police chased them around the interstates. As soon as DPS took over, those M4s came out and they shot out the tires. Those guys don't mess around.

I know Bushmaster isn't en vogue, but if they got the LaRue, at least we know they aren't going to be shelf pieces.

Also during that chase they had snipers on over passes, I think an obr would bed a nice DMR type piece.

Belmont31R
03-17-11, 14:22
I knew about the Bushmaster thing but based upon image and perception alone, it always surprises me that it being Texas these men and women with DPS aren't issued a Colt Package with a 1911 and a 6921. Just seems so fitting.

Highly decorated 1911's are pretty common with Rangers, or at least they used to be. Im not sure in an active op like this but at least in their dress clothes....if you are ever in Waco there is a Tx Ranger Museum there with an extensive 1911 display along with other weapons all used by Rangers in the past. Really great place....:D

SeriousStudent
03-17-11, 18:43
Highly decorated 1911's are pretty common with Rangers, or at least they used to be. Im not sure in an active op like this but at least in their dress clothes....if you are ever in Waco there is a Tx Ranger Museum there with an extensive 1911 display along with other weapons all used by Rangers in the past. Really great place....:D

I have also visited the Texas Ranger Museum. The historic firearms collection is well worth the trip.