PDA

View Full Version : THIS is why you shouldn't build an AR...

markm
03-15-11, 14:16
if you don't know what you're DOING!

"Custom" fit RE using an angle grinder:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/trixiebud/grind.jpg?t=1300216557

Quiet-Matt
03-15-11, 14:24
Wow, you've got skills Markm. A little Sharpie touch up and you'll be ready to send that in to the Discovery Channel. Maybe you can get a part as the next "new guy" in the Red Dragon shop, or whatever they call it.

Oh wait.... that isn't yours is it.:haha:

Seriouslu though, what kind of issues did that end up causing for the owner?

Irish
03-15-11, 14:31
Isn't this the same idea but a different thread? https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=75393

The Cat
03-15-11, 14:34
Scratch one buffer tube.

Speaking of buffers, is that a diagram of a female Klingon reproductive system on the front of it?

gunny
03-15-11, 14:38
Looks like a tread that's going on over at arfcom. Markm, did site staff ban you from arfcom?

SomeOtherGuy
03-15-11, 14:39
I used to have an Ameetec complete lower built like that. (Got it for a great price.) It looks ugly but I couldn't see that it harmed anything. What is the harm from this bubba type approach?

markm
03-15-11, 14:43
Looks like a tread that's going on over at arfcom. Markm, did site staff ban you from arfcom?

Yes and yes. I'm not sure if I'm perma banned or what though. It's apparent that the site Advertisers decide who stays on ARFcom anymore... don't mess with the Avila's money!

markm
03-15-11, 14:44
Seriouslu though, what kind of issues did that end up causing for the owner?

The tard hasn't tried it with live ammo yet.

Iraqgunz
03-15-11, 14:45
You can't be serious?

I used to have an Ameetec complete lower built like that. (Got it for a great price.) It looks ugly but I couldn't see that it harmed anything. What is the harm from this bubba type approach?

Iraqgunz
03-15-11, 14:49
So if I am reading this correctly he possibly notched the tube, screwed it in and then because he didn't know how to assemble it correctly grinded the tube down.

Simply amazing. Almost as good as building a mid length by pushing the gas block forward and installing a new gas tube.

bsmith_shoot
03-15-11, 14:51
Speaking of buffers, is that a diagram of a female Klingon reproductive system on the front of it?
:sarcastic: That is absolutely hillarious!

dhrith
03-15-11, 14:53
So if I am reading this correctly he possibly notched the tube, screwed it in and then because he didn't know how to assemble it correctly grinded the tube down.

Simply amazing. Almost as good as building a mid length by pushing the gas block forward and installing a new gas tube.

roflmao
...tell me you haven't seen this.

Iraqgunz
03-15-11, 14:56
Right here on this website.

roflmao

QuietShootr
03-15-11, 14:59
Just when I think I'm going to turn over a new leaf and stop being such a dick to n00bs, something like this comes along and reminds me how I got this way.

opmike
03-15-11, 15:01
I simply don't understand why someone who openly admits to not know what the **** they are doing would get out a bench grinder to fix a "problem." If you run into a "problem" while tackling a project you've never done before, it might just be a good idea to make sure you're doing things properly.

This is like changing the brake pads on your car, sliding the new pads in, seeing there's not enough room to fit over your disc, and then taking a bench grinder to the piston in your caliper to make room instead of pressing it in... :rolleyes:

The Cat
03-15-11, 15:01
roflmao

Yes, and the relocation of the gas port was one little detail that was left unattended. The poster wondered why his handguards wouldn't stay on the gun.

Doc Safari
03-15-11, 15:04
I simply don't understand why someone who openly admits to not know what the **** they are doing would get out a bench grinder to fix a "problem."

This is the same person who will assemble a firearm with Scotch tape and bailing wire and then still have the nads to touch off live rounds with it right next to his face. Some people just don't think, period.

markm
03-15-11, 15:05
And... This thread is NOT started to create trouble with the other site.... it just happened to be where I found the issue. We certainly have our own batch of idiots popping up here lately too.

The point is too many people who are messing with AR builds when they shouldn't be.

ryu_sekai
03-15-11, 15:05
Yes, and the relocation of the gas port was one little detail that was left unattended. The poster wondered why his handguards wouldn't stay on the gun.

I remember this lol

BigBuckeye
03-15-11, 15:09
Can you clarify what they did with the grinder? I am trying to picture my buffer tube and buffer and what possible reason any of that would need to be grinded??

Iraqgunz
03-15-11, 15:19
Since he screwed it in so far and then notched it to go around the buffer retaining pin, the tube will extend past the lower receiver.

So that requires it to be ground in order for the upper to close.

Can you clarify what they did with the grinder? I am trying to picture my buffer tube and buffer and what possible reason any of that would need to be grinded??

BigBuckeye
03-15-11, 15:22
What a dumb ass....he should have just removed the retaining pin like I did...

BrianS
03-15-11, 15:38
I guess the simple instructions that come with RE/stock kits was too much for his limited reading ability.

:no:

opmike
03-15-11, 15:39
What a dumb ass....he should have just removed the retaining pin like I did...

Maybe I'm not following you; why did you remove the retaining pin?

d90king
03-15-11, 15:42
Almost as good as building a mid length by pushing the gas block forward and installing a new gas tube.

That was one of the funniest things that I have ever read on this site. He was dead nuts serious too which is what made it epic...

ASH556
03-15-11, 15:42
This is the same person who will assemble a firearm with Scotch tape and bailing wire and then still have the nads to touch off live rounds with it right next to his face. Some people just don't think, period.

I've been too close for comfort with something like this. A couple years ago, Bubba and his son come in to get help sighting in their deer rifle (Remington 7400 MALF-omatic) I'm like, "Ok let me be the nice guy and help them out." I touched off the '06. The scope hit the deck. Afraid that this guy was going to be pissed that I just dropped his scope, I was like, "Man, I'm sorry, what happened." He replied, "Oh, don't worry about that, I lost the screws for the base, so I just superglued it on.":eek:

I just seriously can't imagine what some people are thinking. Oh, and since no one's mentioned it yet, gotta love the, "so I drank another beer and got out the angle grinder." from MARKM's post.

jklaughrey
03-15-11, 15:43

Darwin, Darwin...Is there a Mr. Darwin in the room?(nasally voice).

brianc3
03-15-11, 15:45
The step by step instructions on the Brownell's site could have saved him quite a bit of time and probably shown him how to properly install a few other things.

opmike
03-15-11, 15:47
The step by step instructions on the Brownell's site could have saved him quite a bit of time and probably shown him how to properly install a few other things.

Not to mention the giant picture tutorial on assembling the lower receiver that is stickied on the same damned site he posted that thread on.

Doc Safari
03-15-11, 15:57

LOL! Isn't there a Murphy's Law or something "when all else fails read the directions?"

C4IGrant
03-15-11, 16:10
Yes and yes. I'm not sure if I'm perma banned or what though. It's apparent that the site Advertisers decide who stays on ARFcom anymore... don't mess with the Avila's money!

BINGO!
+1
Ditto!
;)

C4

C4IGrant
03-15-11, 16:11
Since he screwed it in so far and then notched it to go around the buffer retaining pin, the tube will extend past the lower receiver.

So that requires it to be ground in order for the upper to close.

Ya I was wondering if they could even get the upper to close. :no:

C4

C4IGrant
03-15-11, 16:17
Found the thread. It appears the guy was drinking when he decided to pull this stunt. :alcoholic:

C4

mtdawg169
03-15-11, 16:20
Can someone please tell me where to find this, because THIS I gotta see.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bp7178
03-15-11, 16:22
Is it just me or do certian brands seem to attract a higher level of "ratards"?

There is so much information about AR-15s out there, why on God's green earth would you ever even think to grind a receiver extension like that? ****.

These people are shooting next to you at the range.

C4IGrant
03-15-11, 16:23

There is so much information about AR-15s out there, why on God's green earth would you ever even think to grind a receiver extension like that? ****.

These people are shooting next to you at the range.

Ya know, I was going to make a comment about this very subject, but since it involved ST, I thought it best for me to avoid it.

C4

bp7178
03-15-11, 16:39
Everyone was thinking it....

Iraqgunz
03-15-11, 16:47
I went to TOS to find the thread and instead I end up finding a thread about using two castle nuts rather than one so you may not need to stake and I really just have to shake my head.

I am seriously concerned about the mental health of the AR community. It seems as if everyone is a caveman and wants to reinvent the spark.

I saw everything from Loc-tite, to just tighten it and be done and nothing will happen, to using some goop found at the Roswell crash site. Simply amazing. :suicide:

LonghunterCO
03-15-11, 16:50
:eek: I am at a loss for words.

Magic_Salad0892
03-15-11, 16:56
That's horrible. Can somebody post some links to those threads?

They should be stickied...

eternal24k
03-15-11, 17:24
I guess I do not even get why someone would notch it in the firstplace

Palmguy
03-15-11, 17:44
facepalm

The Cat
03-15-11, 18:04
Pishposh I say. Any good self-respecting TOS'ser knows that the castle nut is properly secured by using a hose clamp.

Thomas M-4
03-15-11, 18:05
I went to TOS to find the thread and instead I end up finding a thread about using two castle nuts rather than one so you may not need to stake and I really just have to shake my head.

I am seriously concerned about the mental health of the AR community. It seems as if everyone is a caveman and wants to reinvent the spark.

I saw everything from Loc-tite, to just tighten it and be done and nothing will happen, to using some goop found at the Roswell crash site. Simply amazing. :suicide:

I see that shit all the time I have witnessed ass holes that know better resurface fly wheel with a brake lathe [ I have never ever witnessed a clutch chatter so bad afterward]. I personally think its a wider problem than just guns I have seen it going on more and more no body cares about doing the job right they just want to get the job done :rolleyes: There is a time when to improvise but its not with everything you do. I have seen guys take more pride in doing a improvised shit job than to actually to take the time and to do it right.

BigBuckeye
03-15-11, 18:05
Maybe I'm not following you; why did you remove the retaining pin?

Just a little humor...

DirectDrive
03-15-11, 18:21
Found the thread. It appears the guy was drinking when he decided to pull this stunt. :alcoholic:

C4
Yep it was beer, a bench grinder and a brilliant idea.
Seems like the commercial tube was manufactured with the slot from what I could gather.

Quiet-Matt
03-15-11, 18:25
Yeah, some like DPMS I have seen come with the notch, but properly installed still dont require the grinder treatment.

itsturtle
03-15-11, 18:26
I see that shit all the time I have witnessed ass holes that know better resurface fly wheel with a brake lathe [ I have never ever witnessed a clutch chatter so bad afterward].

I think the automotive industry might be worse. When I was selling parts, we had dozens of backyard mechanics who have been building small block Chevys for 60 years when they were probably 30 years old. I can't tell you how many times they would chew me out for asking a year, make, and model instead of just going back and grabbing part X. Then the next day they chew me out again when I refuse to let them return the part that was obviously for the wrong engine and they tried to ghetto-rig it on and it broke. I guess I've been in the auto industry longer than shooting, but there no doubt is a large portion of idiots in any industry or hobby.

Bowser
03-15-11, 18:43
This is why I stopped looking at arfcom for pics, people were just too stupid. I even stopped posting on calguns for a few years now since that place has got to shit too.

Any other forums to look at besides m4c and wevo?

Col_Crocs
03-15-11, 18:55

:lol: He's never gonna live that down, is he? Hahaha!

mkmckinley
03-15-11, 18:56
I haven't found any sights with quite the same focus and quality of this one or WEVO. There are some manufacturer-specific forums that have good information but they all seem to have thier shares of village idiots as well. I hate to say it but it seems many of them may be migrating over here. I've seen an increase in "what's wrong with improperly installing and then bench grinding your RE" style posts. Speaking of which, why would someone do that when it takes less than 5 minutes to do it correctly in the first place, including the staking? Unbeleivable.

strambo
03-15-11, 18:57
This will always be...ARs are just too easy to mail order parts and assemble so it invites these issues. It is ironic that a how to is stickied above...I've used it for reference myself, no dremel needed.

Moose-Knuckle
03-15-11, 19:02
I am reminded of why M4C is the only "gun forum" I frequent anymore.

It never ceases to amaze me. . .

C-grunt
03-15-11, 19:21
What's WEVO?

SteadyUp
03-15-11, 19:30
It's amazing that more of these idiots don't seriously hurt themselves or others with all the moronic shit they do. You'd think they'd be dropping like flies (survival of the fittest and all that), but some how they seem to thrive and multiply. :suicide:

Palmguy
03-15-11, 19:33
What's WEVO?

Weapon Evolution.

Moose-Knuckle
03-15-11, 19:46
It's amazing that more of these idiots don't seriously hurt themselves or others with all the moronic shit they do. You'd think they'd be dropping like flies (survival of the fittest and all that), but some how they seem to thrive and multiply. :suicide:

How many of these types actually shoot their guns? Much less run them hard? I would surmise they mostly just heavy pet them.

VLODPG
03-15-11, 21:02
The WECSOG was strong on that extention tube.

I have buggered things in the past but at least I learned from my mistakes.

They never saw the light of day, nor a internet forum!

markm
03-15-11, 21:48
Here's the thread.... and YES... SPIKES appears.. for whatever reason... to be the official AR of the Retard community.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=530587

SeriousStudent
03-15-11, 21:54
That thread make baby Jebus cry. :(

mtdawg169
03-15-11, 22:00
opmike, thanks for the link earlier.

Just another reminder of why I haven't been over to TOS in a long while. It always had it's fair share of nonsense, but these days there is just too much shit to wade through to find anything useful or interesting. M4C & ST are about the only places I frequent anymore.

dhrith
03-15-11, 22:06
Christ I thought I couldn't laugh any more.

"Good point about the aluminum on steel, I hadn't thought of that. Yes, I used a castle nut wrench. The big problem was that whenever I would get it tight enough to eleminate wobble, then the stock would have torqed a little bit too and the stock was no longer vertically in line with the gun. It ended up sloping from right to left."

"You did good.
Remember the rules of home gunsmithing:
Measure it with a micrometer,
mark it with chalk,
cut it with a torch/dremel,
grind it to fit,
paint it to match!"

Eric D.
03-15-11, 22:15
The first reply to this tard's thread: "If you know what needed fitting and you feel confidant about it, go for it. I have to make different parts fit all the time. The market is flooded with AR parts and sometimes they are a little out of spec.
The only thing I would leave alone would be the trigger group. Fo safetys sake."

:suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide:

ALCOAR
03-15-11, 22:16
Here's the thread.... and YES... SPIKES appears.. for whatever reason... to be the official AR of the Retard community.

too funny....It's Short Bus Rider Approved:D

I honestly don't think you started this thread to insinuate anything but all the short bus riders who tinker on ARs these days...However a huge theme has developed and I will just leave it at 3 words. kiddie site, ST, retard...LOL. It's an absolute f**king honor to be banned by the kiddie site by the way:cool:

Dirtyboy333
03-15-11, 22:23

Simply amazing. almost as good as building a mid length by pushing the gas block forward and installing a new gas tube.

Yeah, ALMOST but nothing will EVER be as good as that.:haha: I literally "LMAO'd laughed my ass off" when i read that thread. I'm sitting here trying to think of something dumber some1 could try and i honestly cant come up with one.

Dunderway
03-15-11, 22:31
In a current Spike's vs. LMT lower thread over there, someone just claimed that LMT's carrier keys self destruct and that their bolt failure rate is 35%. This was accepted as fact and not rebutted. In a thread which pointed out poor lower parts the owner stated to the effect, "we get these from the same company as Colt, but just because it's good enough for Colt doesn't mean it's good enough for Spike's". That got a bunch of cheers.

That forum is the brutal, bleeding car crash that I can't look away from.

Iraqgunz
03-15-11, 23:10
How about putting a rifle buffer in your carbine to help reduce the recoil?

Yeah, ALMOST but nothing will EVER be as good as that.:haha: I literally "LMAO'd laughed my ass off" when i read that thread. I'm sitting here trying to think of something dumber some1 could try and i honestly cant come up with one.

ALCOAR
03-15-11, 23:22
In a current Spike's vs. LMT lower thread over there, someone just claimed that LMT's carrier keys self destruct and that their bolt failure rate is 35%. This was accepted as fact and not rebutted. In a thread which pointed out poor lower parts the owner stated to the effect, "we get these from the same company as Colt, but just because it's good enough for Colt doesn't mean it's good enough for Spike's". That got a bunch of cheers.

I just have to quote and reply to the above...damn it's dead on the money not only in general but specifically your example of LMT and ST. I earned my golden ban in a LMT trash thread for saying that some people like to drive M3's vs. others wanting to drive Prius's..seriously that phrase got me banned.

LMT has zero internet presence and thereby pays jackshit to the kiddie site....The kiddie site allows LMT threads to go unchecked in terms of bullshit to the highest degree, its astonishing and unmatched biases.

ST has a huge internet presence and thereby pays heavily to market at the kiddie site....The kiddie site shills the ever living shit outta ST.

These are facts.

Dunderway
03-15-11, 23:30
It's ridiculous. They are the ST forum now. They call this the BCM forum, but if I were to post some nonsense such as BCM is superior to Colt, I would be called out on it pretty damn quick here and made a fool. It doesn't happen there. It's just wave after wave of teenage girl-like emotions. I don't know how the few knowledgable members there can stand it.

Palmguy
03-15-11, 23:45
The first reply to this tard's thread: "If you know what needed fitting and you feel confidant about it, go for it. I have to make different parts fit all the time. The market is flooded with AR parts and sometimes they are a little out of spec.
The only thing I would leave alone would be the trigger group. Fo safetys sake."

:suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide:

That was almost more disturbing to me than the guy he is replying to...

ar3076
03-15-11, 23:48
i know im new but i figured i would add my two cents in.

i built my first rifle after i had to send my sig 556 in to get a "checkup". yes i got alot of information from ar 15.com to build my own. i however believe there are only two type of people on this planet. stupid people and smart people.

it seems to me the guy with the buffer problem was severly lacking in the intelligence dept back in his trailer. people who know how to use tools and work with them can make things happen, however if one doesnt have enough common sense then things like this happen. i see it all the time where i work. the young kids who never work get a job and they dont know how to turn a wrench.

itsturtle
03-16-11, 00:07
Removed

Dirtyboy333
03-16-11, 00:10
How are the two sites different if one claims X is superior to Y, and the other says Y is superior to X? I'm sure dozens of people have shot both X and Y for years and thousands of rounds without problems, while others have numerous malfunctions and out of spec parts? Im not arguing whether or not a Colt or BCM is typically better than a BM or Spikes etc, but the attitude at both sites seems to be their respective favorite is flawless and the other never works. Kind of the same with the Glock vs. XD/XDm argument, my XDm has worked flawless so which one am I supposed to believe is "superior?" I'm no armorer, and I didn't even know what staking meant until a week after I bought my DD, my comment isn't questioning anyones knowledge.

Simply put: GLOCKS are superior!!! ;)

itsturtle
03-16-11, 00:16
Removed

Bubba FAL
03-16-11, 00:20
"Wouldn't want to get caught flashing in the sun during a tactical field strip."

Pretty much says it all... then again, the OP's last post about buying a milspec tube for his commercial CTR stock really has me scratching my head. He thought he had a wobble problem before, just wait til he puts that combination together!

Someone should send him a pair of jackass ears.

itsturtle
03-16-11, 00:27
"Wouldn't want to get caught flashing in the sun during a tactical field strip."

Pretty much says it all... then again, the OP's last post about buying a milspec tube for his commercial CTR stock really has me scratching my head. He thought he had a wobble problem before, just wait til he puts that combination together!

Someone should send him a pair of jackass ears.

I giggled about that one too. If he is doing that kind of backyard armorer job on his rifles, what on earth could be possibly be doing that his shiny spot would matter during a "tactical" field strip?

Moose-Knuckle
03-16-11, 01:17

I think I just found my new sig line. . .you can't make this shit up LOL! :D

I would love to hear this poster's view on headspacing. :p

Dirtyboy333
03-16-11, 01:29
Haha I rest my case.

Off topic, I inquired about a trade for my XDm for a Glock and was offered $200 off. Might have been tempting but I couldn't get over how completely different the mag release, slide catch, and take down are. The XDm feels more natural in my hands which again leads me to question which is "superior."

I'm sure you get my point at least.

haha, yeah i get your point......actually ive never held a XD/XDM of any sort, let alone fired one so my opinion is VERY biased. :p

3 AE
03-16-11, 01:59
Thank goodness there are guys like the OP with the angle grinder. They are societies reminders of what not to do. His actions will undoubtedly save others from following his path! If it wasn't for him and thousands like him,auto mechanics,auto parts stores,gunsmiths,firearm accessories suppliers,etc. would be out of business.It is better to learn from someone else's mistakes than your own.To him I say,"I raise my glass to you sir, may you continue your lifelong pursuit of proving Darwin wrong.I salute you and may God keep you safe until the next project.":thank_you2: But please take your time!

opmike
03-16-11, 02:48
How are the two sites different if one claims X is superior to Y, and the other says Y is superior to X? I'm sure dozens of people have shot both X and Y for years and thousands of rounds without problems, while others have numerous malfunctions and out of spec parts? Im not arguing whether or not a Colt or BCM is typically better than a BM or Spikes etc, but the attitude at both sites seems to be their respective favorite is flawless and the other never works. Kind of the same with the Glock vs. XD/XDm argument, my XDm has worked flawless so which one am I supposed to believe is "superior?" I'm no armorer, and I didn't even know what staking meant until a week after I bought my DD, my comment isn't questioning anyones knowledge.

Look at overall trends. Outside of a LOT of noise, you'll find many users over there that understand the difference in a Spikes and a BCM or LMT.

Also, read through some of the stickied threads here. Especially the stickied thread about rob_s' chart

bp7178
03-16-11, 03:14
Every post I saw in the Spike's RE hack thread supports what the OP did.

We're doomed.

itsturtle
03-16-11, 03:34
Removed

bp7178
03-16-11, 03:54
while this appears to be a Colt/BCM/LMT/etc site. This site has a bit of an elitist attitude

I have no problem with any of this. ;)

itsturtle
03-16-11, 04:01
Removed

orionz06
03-16-11, 06:01
Scratch one buffer tube.

No, it is two dicks and a few extra lines that create a spider, the most feared bug known to man. Anytime the dick-bug is spotted, you know someone means business.

MistWolf
03-16-11, 06:19
All I've got to say is
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/Comix/motivator9858ad2f72fba4b9145928cb3313f74d5a4c0176.jpg

QuietShootr
03-16-11, 07:01

I have a theory on that. They pump so much crap out on the internet that the slackjawed mouthbreathers who have internet access see "OMGWTFBBQ SPIKES TACTICAL" all over the place, so they think they're getting something like a BCM or Colt. Then, being slackjawed mouthbreathers, they go and do stuff like this, and aren't even ashamed of themselves.

Edit: Looks like Trident already covered this.

markm
03-16-11, 08:32
Here's a thinker who rubber coated his AR. :)

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=530781

QuietShootr
03-16-11, 08:36
:laugh::sarcastic:

markm
03-16-11, 08:39
Wonder if he coated the internals and chamber too...

sl4mdaddy
03-16-11, 09:44
Wonder if he coated the internals and chamber too...

I wonder if he took an X-Acto knife and carved "Trojan" on the lower...

The Cat
03-16-11, 10:10

I've been to two World's Fairs and a goat-****ing, and that beats all I've ever seen.

^^^ :lol:

Magic_Salad0892
03-16-11, 11:01
Oh God. This thread should be stickied.

At least it provides entertainment, and reminds us of what not to do... :alcoholic:

jklaughrey
03-16-11, 11:11
GUNS+STUPIDITY+ALCOHOL= "I'm WINNING!"-Charlie Sheen.:alcoholic:

durus5995
03-16-11, 12:52

Then you got to wonder what kind of lube does he use? Seeing as its rubber coated does he need to switch to KY or something? Perhaps some astro glide or some sort of gentle warming lube?

sl4mdaddy
03-16-11, 12:58
Then you got to wonder what kind of lube does he use? Seeing as its rubber coated does he need to switch to KY or something? Perhaps some astro glide or some sort of gentle warming lube?

Now there ya' go...starting another 'which lube is best' conversation.

Cylinder Head
03-16-11, 13:36

Jenna Jameson used to say the best lube is spit.

Moose-Knuckle
03-16-11, 13:49
What there i fixed it.com is to home improvment, TOS is to the AR-15.

http://thereifixedit.failblog.org/

TXBob
03-16-11, 13:57
Man, I'm going to have to replace my spike's upper just to avoid being associated with all the r-tards.

Seriously not cool.

I hadn't even been to this site yet. :(

John_Wayne777
03-16-11, 14:01
I simply don't understand why someone who openly admits to not know what the **** they are doing would get out a bench grinder to fix a "problem." If you run into a "problem" while tackling a project you've never done before, it might just be a good idea to make sure you're doing things properly.

This is like changing the brake pads on your car, sliding the new pads in, seeing there's not enough room to fit over your disc, and then taking a bench grinder to the piston in your caliper to make room instead of pressing it in... :rolleyes:

On occasion I've been known to subscribe to the "need a bigger hammer" school of fixit...but that's why I don't build things I need to depend on. I have no illusions about the level of my mechanical skill.

nynco
03-16-11, 14:13
This makes me want to sell my spikes lower.... sigh.

At least I have a shilen barrel

kartoffel
03-16-11, 14:14

It's rubber coated... "fo safety". :alcoholic:

nynco
03-16-11, 14:19
Holy crap the rubber coated one is even worse..... please dear lord.... don't let it breed.

DiabhailGadhar
03-16-11, 14:22
OK I had to say this because I am new here... I really thought you guys were just F'n with those arfcomm retards but they really whole heartedly believe the completely stupid sh!t they are doing is correct. I couldnt believe it. I started reading the thread and at first I was thinking they were just kidding but they just arent.. THERE REALLY IS NO INTELLEIGENCE THERE AT ALL!! Then the rubber rifle thing I read..You have got to be kidding me..!?!?!!? I really lucked out when I came across this place first..THANK GOD! :agree:

Artiz
03-16-11, 14:42

Oh boy... last time I saw something like this it was on the cover of the April 2008 S.W.A.T. magazine, an AR that's been in a fire IIRC. :no:

jonconsiglio
03-16-11, 14:44
It's rubber coated... "fo safety". :alcoholic:

...with a pinned 5.5" FH on an 11.5" barrel. But hey, the coating is good to 200 degrees. I really don't understand why people do these things. Good thing most of these guys don't actually shoot their guns that much. They really don't even understand how screwed up this shit is.

brianc3
03-16-11, 14:49
OK I had to say this because I am new here... I really thought you guys were just F'n with those arfcomm retards but they really whole heartedly believe the completely stupid sh!t they are doing is correct. I couldnt believe it. I started reading the thread and at first I was thinking they were just kidding but they just arent.. THERE REALLY IS NO INTELLEIGENCE THERE AT ALL!! Then the rubber rifle thing I read..You have got to be kidding me..!?!?!!? I really lucked out when I came across this place first..THANK GOD! :agree:

The funniest part is no matter what crazy thing someone tries and posts over there at least 4 or 5 people will be giving them a big pat on the back.

markm
03-16-11, 14:49
...with a pinned 5.5" FH on an 11.5" barrel.

yeah! His rubber job is so stupid it makes the 5.5 pinned FH seem like the smart thing about the gun!

kaiservontexas
03-16-11, 14:50
You have got to be kidding me?!?!? Yes I saw the pictures of it, but for the life of me . . . I can not even begin to comprehend why somebody would even think of doing such a thing.

nynco
03-16-11, 14:55
Edited because I did not want to crap up a funny thread..... starting a separate one.

Rider79
03-16-11, 15:04

What makes it even better is that no one even remotely starts to raise an eyebrow at it until halfway through the first page.

rojocorsa
03-16-11, 15:04
As new guy, I want to mention that there is an educational quality to these kinds of threads.

Not that I'd do any stupid shit to my own guns out of my own accord. Usually, when I don't know something---I ask someone who might. It's a very simple concept really. Surprised some of these individuals can't fathom that.

I just loved that rubber coated AR on the other thread. :rolleyes:

Doc Safari
03-16-11, 15:15
I am amazed at the people who think that with their limited experience they can come up with some new design wrinkle or build shortcut that exceeds factory or military specifications, and then they can't wait to log in to some forum and tell the entire world that they singlehandedly came up with a secret piece of knowledge that not even Gene Stoner, or Mikhail Kalashnikov, or John Browning, or Gaston Glock thought of.

I remember reading a "tutorial" that someone wrote on another forum for doing a screw build of an AK. He went to great lengths to type a long disclaimer to protect the website from "liability".

A few minutes later the moderators deleted his entire tutorial and typed the one-phrase response: "Liability problem solved."

I still laugh at that one. :haha:

itsturtle
03-16-11, 15:15
The rubberized grip... I MIGHT be able to understand that one. The rest is just a massive why?

jonconsiglio
03-16-11, 15:19
What makes it even better is that no one even remotely starts to raise an eyebrow at it until halfway through the first page.

I know. It seems every stupid thing that comes up, the first few posts are "great idea!" or "way to think out of the box!". Even when someone finally does say how wrong it is, they don't usually want to hear it. There's a big difference between educating the ignorant and educating the stupid. Some just don't get it.

nynco
03-16-11, 15:26
The rubber guy should know better............. he should have used truck bedliner.:moil::jester:

SuperiorDG
03-16-11, 15:37
Got your rubbers Mr. Hooper?

markm
03-16-11, 15:41

I don't think the guys with knowledge bother anymore. I saw one of the familiar names bickering with a staff member about a big brain drain, or exodus of knowledge that happened recently.

Apparently a bunch of the members with actual knowledge were either kicked off or quit posting on their own.

If you hurt stupid peoples' feelings over there.. you won't last long because that's their bread and butter.... and that's where the dollars are.

SomeOtherGuy
03-16-11, 15:42
You can't be serious?

I had asked:
"I used to have an Ameetec complete lower built like that. (Got it for a great price.) It looks ugly but I couldn't see that it harmed anything. What is the harm from this bubba type approach?"

I am actually serious. Yes, I realize that this is the wrong way to assemble it. Yes, I'm aware that Ameetec was a low-end garage assembler type company. However, what is the actual harm from this bubba approach? Let's analyze:

1) Does it weaken the buffer tube?
>> Not that I can see. Maybe if you manage to put a notch into it while grinding, which could be a stress raiser and conceivably make the tube more likely to crack. You'd have to be sub-bubba to screw up that badly though.

2) Does it weaken the buffer tube/receiver interface?
>> If anything it seems like it would strengthen it, since slightly more threads are into the receiver.

3) Does it cause malfunctions?
>> In theory it might, since it alters the useable length of the buffer tube. But the lower I had that was made this way worked just fine with several different uppers.

4) Does it cause other problems?
>> ?

Let me repeat, I know this is the wrong to assemble the buffer tube onto the receiver, and I know Ameetec was a low-end brand (which I bought long before I knew anything). I won't be hurt if someone tells me five different ways in which this approach does actually cause problems. But I would seriously like to know what those five (?) different problems are.

jonconsiglio
03-16-11, 15:57
SomeOtherGuy,

Well, my guess is that by shortening the Reciever Extension you run the risk of heavier bounce back, at the very least. The buffer in a carbine RE already pretty much smacks the back of the tube, if it happens sooner, it could bounce back harder, causing a malfunction.

It might not seem like much, but for example the A5 RE, which is 3/4" longer, but also has a longer buffer, eliminates the buffer contacting the rear of the Reciever Extension. Sure, the spring plays a part in this too, but that little bit extra length helps. Incremental changes in length will play a larger role than many would guess in proper operation. so, 1/8 of an inch may just add enough speed on the return of the bolt to cause a malfunction. Maybe not, but why risk it.

Also, if you wear off anodizing, the aluminum is still strong as it's deeper than the surface. If you cut into that, it's now much softer and risks wearing sooner. It's a bad thing all around.

Iraqgunz
03-16-11, 15:57
It's wrong in the fact that encourages other idiots to experiment and do stupid stuff with their AR's.

It's wrong in the fact that if you purchase quality components and install them correctly there is no reason to resort to Bubba foolishness.

That kind of behavior just breeds more shenanigans like what we have been seeing.

I had asked:
"I used to have an Ameetec complete lower built like that. (Got it for a great price.) It looks ugly but I couldn't see that it harmed anything. What is the harm from this bubba type approach?"

I am actually serious. Yes, I realize that this is the wrong way to assemble it. Yes, I'm aware that Ameetec was a low-end garage assembler type company. However, what is the actual harm from this bubba approach? Let's analyze:

1) Does it weaken the buffer tube?
>> Not that I can see. Maybe if you manage to put a notch into it while grinding, which could be a stress raiser and conceivably make the tube more likely to crack. You'd have to be sub-bubba to screw up that badly though.

2) Does it weaken the buffer tube/receiver interface?
>> If anything it seems like it would strengthen it, since slightly more threads are into the receiver.

3) Does it cause malfunctions?
>> In theory it might, since it alters the useable length of the buffer tube. But the lower I had that was made this way worked just fine with several different uppers.

4) Does it cause other problems?
>> ?

Let me repeat, I know this is the wrong to assemble the buffer tube onto the receiver, and I know Ameetec was a low-end brand (which I bought long before I knew anything). I won't be hurt if someone tells me five different ways in which this approach does actually cause problems. But I would seriously like to know what those five (?) different problems are.

markm
03-16-11, 16:00
And anything that shortens the buffer's stroke is obviously wrong. It shortens the time the follower will have to engage the bolt stop for one..... and God knows what other issues it may cause.

durus5995
03-16-11, 16:17
Holy crap the rubber coated one is even worse..... please dear lord.... don't let it breed.

Dont worry the owner of that AR is well a head of you in that department. He put the rubber on there so it wouldnt breed. Think of it has neutering an AR.

mtdawg169
03-16-11, 17:37
There was a time when I learned a lot from the people and stickies on ARF. That was a long time ago, before the time of M4C. Some people, usually those with soft egos, think the environment here is elitist. I couldn't disagree more, M4C was established with a mandate for accurate, factual information. The disaster that has become arfcom, proves there is a need for a no BS place to discuss the platform. It seems that most knowledgeable members over there have been banned or evacuated the disaster zone. Threads like these make me fear for the AR community in general. They sure are entertaining though!

TXBob
03-16-11, 17:48
Well be careful, there are trolls and fanboys here too. Signal to noise is better, but don't think that just because it happened over there, it can't happen here.

QuietShootr
03-16-11, 17:57
I don't think the guys with knowledge bother anymore. I saw one of the familiar names bickering with a staff member about a big brain drain, or exodus of knowledge that happened recently.

Apparently a bunch of the members with actual knowledge were either kicked off or quit posting on their own.

If you hurt stupid peoples' feelings over there.. you won't last long because that's their bread and butter.... and that's where the dollars are.

You should have seen the head honchos (no pun intended) at SHOT running around with their crowd of asslickers. It's a good thing there weren't many windows in the convention area, because there would have been tongue marks all over them.

tog
03-16-11, 18:14
The rubber guy should know better............. he should have used truck bedliner.:moil::jester:

or some nice looking Rustoleum crinkle paint.
tog

scottryan
03-16-11, 18:15

I noticed that myself.

mtdawg169
03-16-11, 18:18
Well be careful, there are trolls and fanboys here too. Signal to noise is better, but don't think that just because it happened over there, it can't happen here.

True, but they don't tend to last long around here.

ALCOAR
03-16-11, 19:05
5600+ views, 126 comments.....all in less than 30 hrs.

That is simply ON FIRE, I think us pro's @ M4C might wanna let this one die...after all, this is pretty much a kiddie site thread, minus the smack talk and 2yr. olds. I'm certainly not gaining any AR knowledge at this point, and more than likely I have lost significant brain cells already by reading this thread several times.

Again, see the stats above:confused:

nynco
03-16-11, 19:55
Why rain on the parade? Let people have fun. This is a forum not a job.

Happypupy
03-16-11, 20:03
And anything that shortens the buffer's stroke is obviously wrong. It shortens the time the follower will have to engage the bolt stop for one.....

Agreed.

Rusty_Shackleford
03-16-11, 20:06

That is simply ON FIRE, I think us pro's @ M4C might wanna let this one die...after all, this is pretty much a kiddie site thread, minus the smack talk and 2yr. olds. I'm certainly not gaining any AR knowledge at this point, and more than likely I have lost significant brain cells already by reading this thread several times.

Again, see the stats above:confused:People love to watch a train wreck! :agree:

Dunderway
03-16-11, 20:13

My point was that on M4C you better be able to back up any wild claims that you make, even if it is pro-BMC, Colt, LMT etc. My XXX has been flawless does not fly here. You do not see that kind of regulation on most other forums. It is common to see ludicrous/unfounded claims on TOS and anyone that tries to bring in facts is dog piled by beer can killers.

markm
03-16-11, 20:59
You should have seen the head honchos (no pun intended) at SHOT running around with their crowd of asslickers. It's a good thing there weren't many windows in the convention area, because there would have been tongue marks all over them.

I can only imagine. I don't think I could stomach a SHOT show.

QuietShootr
03-16-11, 21:03
I can only imagine. I don't think I could stomach a SHOT show.

This was my 3rd, and I don't think I can stomach another one.

Ed L.
03-16-11, 21:28
I think there is a conspiracy afoot to get me to view certain webforums in hopes that I will gouge my eyes out in horror to prevent me from having to view them again.

fivefivesix
03-16-11, 21:33
roflmao

the guy said he never even felt the gas from inside the handgaurds. he really thought that was all he had to do was new gas tube and push the site forward to turn his carbine into a midlength

Iraqgunz
03-16-11, 22:45
I think it's a good learning thread- assuming that he advice is heeded.

Again, see the stats above:confused:

ZRH
03-16-11, 22:55
Bannable infractions from another site I frequent:

All posters are to make an effort to communicate clearly.
All posts should be stated as succinctly as possible.
All discussion should be both polite and civil.
Whining in any form is forbidden.
Threads should be started if and only if there is some reasonable topic to discuss.
Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.
Do not beg for hand-holding.
All accounts must have a valid profile.
Do not sign your posts.
Do not respond to terrible posts.

It's SOP on most productive forums. People should be happy with latitude here.

Iraqgunz
03-16-11, 23:07
The next person who posts something that is not part of this thread is getting a free short term vacation.

dudley2112
03-17-11, 08:09
ive got one to add to the dont build if your and idiot list

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss344/alexpinos/M4C.jpg

this was one of series of pictures of a rifle for sale on a forum up here, heres the description

"Now the 'bad' part. Since I'm a total ham-fisted dolt, when installing the Magpul trigger guard, I grabbed the wrong sized pin to drift into the lower. Using a spring punch, I couldn't feel it was wrong until it broke the little 'ear' off the part where it attaches to the trigger guard. Removing my mistake ended up breaking off the OTHER side as well. The little ears are currently crazy-glued back into place, and I've had no issues, but it's not really pretty. "

"Upper and Lower, no EOTech - $1350 OBO"

kymudder08
03-17-11, 08:33
The point is too many people who are messing with AR builds when they shouldn't be.

Exactly, which is why I has someone else build mine lol. Learn the basics first lol

markm
03-17-11, 08:57
"Upper and Lower, no EOTech - $1350 OBO"

You have to pay good money for a quality build, you know!!?

orionz06
03-17-11, 09:02
Exactly, which is why I has someone else build mine lol. Learn the basics first lol

It is not learning the basics, the amount of people out there who do not have a clue how to use tools is amazing. Now tell them day in and day out that an AR is easy to build, what happens? An AR is insanely easy to build, for those who are competent with basic hand tools, apparently not so much for lots of others.

And then you have the guys who have no clue AND the tools.

jklaughrey
03-17-11, 09:04
It is not learning the basics, the amount of people out there who do not have a clue how to use tools is amazing. Now tell them day in and day out that an AR is easy to build, what happens? An AR is insanely easy to build, for those who are competent with basic hand tools, apparently not so much for lots of others.

...so easy a caveman can do it!

nynco
03-17-11, 10:28
ive got one to add to the dont build if your and idiot list

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss344/alexpinos/M4C.jpg

this was one of series of pictures of a rifle for sale on a forum up here, heres the description

"Now the 'bad' part. Since I'm a total ham-fisted dolt, when installing the Magpul trigger guard, I grabbed the wrong sized pin to drift into the lower. Using a spring punch, I couldn't feel it was wrong until it broke the little 'ear' off the part where it attaches to the trigger guard. Removing my mistake ended up breaking off the OTHER side as well. The little ears are currently crazy-glued back into place, and I've had no issues, but it's not really pretty. "

Well to be fair, this mistake is easy to make. Pushing the pins through without supporting the rear of the part will do that. Which I don't know if he read an online instruction that did not stress that enough. But due to the side profile of the AR, that section has to have something directly behind it in order to prevent that from happening. I guess it is so common that my local shop warned me about it.

Doc Safari
03-17-11, 10:36
...so easy a caveman can do it!

I'm beginning to think this thread should be subtitled "And why you should never buy a used AR, either."

You don't know that someone's pristine looking rifle is actually concealing a bunch of Bubba build mistakes.

SteveL
03-17-11, 10:39

I'll be the first to point out that I am NOT mechanically inclined. However, I am able to follow directions quite well. When I began assembling a stripped lower for the first time a week or so ago I read the directions that came with my various parts, watched some tutorial videos on YouTube, took my time, and it went together with no problem.

markm
03-17-11, 10:49
I'll be the first to point out that I am NOT mechanically inclined. However, I am able to follow directions quite well. When I began assembling a stripped lower for the first time a week or so ago I read the directions that came with my various parts, watched some tutorial videos on YouTube, took my time, and it went together with no problem.

Exactly what anyone who decides to build should do. I've never even changed a barrel, and I've been using the AR for 15 years.... but you see guys who've never shot an AR building their own right out of the gate.

I might get the tools and training this years and start messing with upper halves.

scottryan
03-17-11, 12:15
Well to be fair, this mistake is easy to make. Pushing the pins through without supporting the rear of the part will do that. Which I don't know if he read an online instruction that did not stress that enough. But due to the side profile of the AR, that section has to have something directly behind it in order to prevent that from happening. I guess it is so common that my local shop warned me about it.

There are many things you do when building a AR15 that you can't read in a manual or watch in a video to have a sucessfull build.

scottryan
03-17-11, 12:16
A lower with a broken off tab is worth $0.

Iraqgunz
03-17-11, 13:43
To be fair I have zero sympathy for this. If you don't know what you are doing, you either seek out competent advice ahead of time or you let someone who is trained do it.

People think that AR's are like Legos and anyone can slap them together. This thread and other similar abortions should be a nice reminder as to why that isn't true.

Iraqgunz
03-17-11, 13:46
To be fair you can get some semi-pro instruction locally. :D. Hell you had one crash course already.

Exactly what anyone who decides to build should do. I've never even changed a barrel, and I've been using the AR for 15 years.... but you see guys who've never shot an AR building their own right out of the gate.

I might get the tools and training this years and start messing with upper halves.

jklaughrey
03-17-11, 14:19
...serving up Darwin and Murphy daily specials. Order Up!

jklaughrey
03-17-11, 14:21
This thread serves as a reminder to the lack of reading comprehension, patience, and general decline of men being men with tools!

mkmckinley
03-17-11, 15:23
There are many things you do when building a AR15 that you can't read in a manual or watch in a video to have a sucessfull build.

Like what? It seems like 90% of these f-ups are done by people that don't have the right tools and/or aren't following the instructions. I agree that AR's aren't like legos, but if one has some mechanical aptitude, the proper tools and knows how the parts go together including torque specs, staking etc. then I don't see a problem. Now, of course there is no excuse for the abortions we've seen on this thread. I'm not trying to call you out, there is a lot I don't know about ARs but how are quality parts installed correctly by one person different than quality parts installed correctly by another?

MistWolf
03-17-11, 15:44
Such as using a looong nylon or brass punch to install the magazine release pin (I meant "bolt release". Dopey me! Thanks to mtdawg169 for bringing this to my attention)

Or using a wrench with thin flats to install a muzzle device to keep from scarring up the crush washer

Or that sometimes the gas tube roll pin might need a little chamfering before it will start in the gas block

Or that the mag release button doesn't just screw on, it must be screwed in until it functions correctly

DirectDrive
03-17-11, 15:59
One of my other addictions is fishing and I rebuild my reels as well as others. Seems like in that arena, many seemingly competent folks will not want to take on reel tear down and repair.

In this genre you will see a pimple-nose that maybe has hung a picture for his mother using a toy hammer, take on scratch assembly of an AR.
Then they go to the gun show for a good deal on some reloads and it's game on.
I'm surprised that I don't here more horror stories about range accidents, etc.
I'll take it as a tribute to a solid design.

The Cat
03-17-11, 16:26
Like what? It seems like 90% of these f-ups are done by people that don't have the right tools and/or aren't following the instructions. I agree that AR's aren't like legos, but if one has some mechanical aptitude, the proper tools and knows how the parts go together including torque specs, staking etc. then I don't see a problem. Now, of course there is no excuse for the abortions we've seen on this thread. I'm not trying to call you out, there is a lot I don't know about ARs but how are quality parts installed correctly by one person different than quality parts installed correctly by another?

You really need a thorough knowledge of how the whole weapons system works. You need to have at least some common sense. You need *some* mechanical skills

A good man always knows his limitations.

When you're just starting off in an endeavor like AR smithery, you have to admit to yourself that you *don't* know everything there is to know about it - and you need to study. This isn't a snaptite moodel airplane you're building here - it's a high performance weapon. You. Just. Don't. Dick. Around. With. These. Things.

I'd say that to somebody like IG and other heavy hitters here on M4C, assembling an AR from a box of parts and doing it right is as easy as falling off a log, but you have to look at how much experience they have with these things to know why.

Buying a kit and a lower and watching a few vids just don't cut it.

orionz06
03-17-11, 17:06

We aren't exactly building the space shuttle here.

DirectDrive
03-17-11, 17:09
We aren't exactly building the space shuttle here, but it can kill you just as dead.
Fixed.

QuietShootr
03-17-11, 17:10
You really need a thorough knowledge of how the whole weapons system works. You need to have at least some common sense. You need *some* mechanical skills

When you're just starting off in an endeavor like AR smithery, you have to admit to yourself that you *don't* know everything there is to know about it - and you need to study. This isn't a snaptite moodel airplane you're building here - it's a high performance weapon. You. Just. Don't. Dick. Around. With. These. Things.

I'd say that to somebody like IG and other heavy hitters here on M4C, assembling an AR from a box of parts and doing it right is as easy as falling off a log, but you have to look at how much experience they have with these things to know why.

You would think that. I know that I wouldn't **** around building something that has to contain 65,000 psi right next to my face if I wasn't ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN I knew what I was doing.

But people shove Coke bottles up their ass for sport all the time, so I wouldn't overestimate the intelligence of the regular dipshit on the street.

Doc Safari
03-17-11, 17:35
This thread serves as a reminder to the lack of reading comprehension, patience, and general decline of men being men with tools!

I am adamantly against gun registration but I become more and more of the opinion that gun owners should be licensed to own dremel tools and maybe even disassembly and assembly tools.

This thread goes a long way toward emphasizing why I think home building is bad for the firearms community.

Kruggy5.56
03-17-11, 18:23
WOW!!!! COMMON SENSE IS A QUALITY HARD TO FIND IN PEOPLE THIS DAY AND AGE!!

JimA77
03-17-11, 18:59
WOW!!!! COMMON SENSE IS A QUALITY HARD TO FIND IN PEOPLE THIS DAY AND AGE!!

I've always said "Common Sense is not that common".
I do have some mechanical experience with cars, motorcycles and have done a lot of computer assembly. I work on video cameras that cost more than most cars do now. I watched the videos on lower assembly @ Brownells watching sections more than once to be sure I was doing it right. I had no problems other than loosing a roll pin, ran down to Rifle Gear picked up two more and finished the lower.

usmcvet
03-17-11, 19:21

I lost any respect for that forum when I was reading some of the knowledge based threads. What a bunch of complete BS!

davidjinks
03-17-11, 19:34
You would think that. I know that I wouldn't **** around building something that has to contain 65,000 psi right next to my face if I wasn't ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN I knew what I was doing.

But people shove Coke bottles up their ass for sport all the time, so I wouldn't overestimate the intelligence of the regular dipshit on the street.

I just wanted to quote that last part because that is the funniest shit I have read this month. The worst part about the whole thing…

You hit the proverbially nail on the head. Of course, I don't really think it is a sport. Well at least it isn't an Olympic sanctioned sport…Yet.

Personally, I have just started getting into the building phase of my life. It has taken me about 5 years to really commit to it. That is, studying, learning, sitting in with gunsmiths and reading more than I can even fathom. I'm still nervous about doing it.

The Cat
03-17-11, 20:36
We aren't exactly building the space shuttle here.

And this ain't Melmac.

(I'm glad it isn't... if it were, I'd be an endangered species....):p

miamitj
03-17-11, 21:11
BINGO!
+1
Ditto!
;)

C4

Grant how is this site any different? A while ago I was threatened with being banned, and my post was deleted from this site because I said something negative about a sponsor. I was told I was trolling when all I said was I would never buy from company XXX because of XXX and supplied supporting documentation in the post.

The fact that I had supporting documentation (emails) to support my comment meant nothing.

All sites have their issues, reading some of the comments in this thread alone prove that dumb posts appear everywhere as well as biases...

Evil Bert
03-17-11, 21:26

I'll admit I haven't read the thread on the TOS fully yet, but I don't see how this is an ST issue. The buffer has nothing to do with it. It is strictly the RE. Even if it was an ST RE, still not a Mfr's problem or lack of QA on their part. So why would ST stick their nose into the issue? Because it is an ST buffer? :no:

Clod Stomper
03-17-11, 21:45
Such as using a looong nylon or brass punch to install the magazine release pin

To which magazine release pin are you referring?

Will

C4IGrant
03-17-11, 21:59
Grant how is this site any different? A while ago I was threatened with being banned, and my post was deleted from this site because I said something negative about a sponsor. I was told I was trolling when all I said was I would never buy from company XXX because of XXX and supplied supporting documentation in the post.

The fact that I had supporting documentation (emails) to support my comment meant nothing.

All sites have their issues, reading some of the comments in this thread alone prove that dumb posts appear everywhere as well as biases...

The differences are to many to list.

I remember reading your post about KAC. There was no real reason for your post and if they choose to not sell something, then that is their right.

All forums have idiots on them. There are just more of them on some sites than on others.

C4

Iraqgunz
03-17-11, 22:00
Since you brought it up. Can you be more specific? It's hard to respond to such a post when there is no context.

DirectDrive
03-17-11, 22:03
Here's a mechanical engineer trying to figure out how to deal with an apparent crooked/canted FSB.
He seems to go after everything but the FSB and one of the fixes includes pop cans.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=530954

Why not just bring it to a smith ?.....nah, got that nifty Dremel for Christmas....let's do this.

kwelz
03-17-11, 22:05
I'll admit I haven't read the thread on the TOS fully yet, but I don't see how this is an ST issue. The buffer has nothing to do with it. It is strictly the RE. Even if it was an ST RE, still not a Mfr's problem or lack of QA on their part. So why would ST stick their nose into the issue? Because it is an ST buffer? :no:

I don't think he is saying it is spikes. He was saying that he is not shocked it was someone who would buy spikes that did this.

I personally have nothing against their equipment. Last I checked they provided documentation that backs up the claims they make about their weapons. (Please correct me if I am wrong here guys). I do have 2 big problems with them however.

1: After Obama got elected and they raised their prices on the spot. They then claimed that it was because of supplies jacking up their cost. The suppliers called them out on it and he threw a fit.

2: He seems to want to start a pissing match with Grant. When questioned were raised about his product he could have been a Man about it and discussed it with people. Shown proof of what he did or otherwise addressed thing. Instead he acted like a child and continues to this day to bash grant and this board. For that reason I will not purchase his weapons.

Now I do have a few of their lowers. I actually like the Spider logo a lot. Next to Noveske it is my personal favorite. But I have a big problem with the company behind the product.

boltcatch
03-17-11, 22:55
Being an idiot isn't that big of a deal when you know you're an idiot. It starts becoming a problem when you think you know all sorts of things. I think we're rapidly becoming a nation of illiterate, innumerate incompetents who couldn't critically think their way out of a wet paper bag.

Maybe we need to release a bunch of tigers or something. That would fix the problem with a quickness.

jklaughrey
03-17-11, 23:00
Maybe we need to release a bunch of tigers or something. That would fix the problem with a quickness.

Hail Caesar!

djegators
03-17-11, 23:24
That arfcom thread is comedy gold:

Well, I feel a little better now. I had actually planned on buying a new, hopefully better tube, but then I decided I would circumcise this one first––if only just for spite. But I think it actually ended up working. I still need to hide the shine though. Wouldn't want to get caught flashing in the sun during a tactical field strip.

I wouldn't worry about rust since its aluminum, plus that blingin' edge makes a nice frame for the spikes logo on the buffer

On the other hand, does anybody else have any input on the lower receiver being out of spec?!?!? The thought never crossed my mind until people started talking about it.
But the gun functions fine, so even if it were out of spec, apparently it doesn't matter?

soon you going to wear the top of your buffer from the upper pushing it back when you close the door....but if it works then dont fix it yet..

This is how people learn. All "competent gunsmiths" have done things wrong in the past as well. I understand how to build the gun, this is just my first one and we all need to "cut our teeth" or "pop the cherry" or whatever. There is indeed a learning curve to this and I think what I've done here is a pretty good example of that. I was just trying to fix before replacing. There's no way I'm paying a gunsmith to install a damn receiver extension.

markm
03-17-11, 23:26
It's insane when people will pay out the ass to go smell Pat Rogers Ancient Fart dust, but they will make ZERO effor to learn WTF they're doing on a build. :confused:

Iraqgunz
03-17-11, 23:29
That is the third most retarded post that I have read. I am personally going to lobby my senator for some new gun control measures.

The law will include a total ban on "assault tools" by those that are not competent or licensed to use them.

I wonder if he ever thought about trying a different rear sight first? Nah, probably not.

Here's a mechanical engineer trying to figure out how to deal with an apparent crooked/canted FSB.
He seems to go after everything but the FSB and one of the fixes includes pop cans.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=530954

Why not just bring to a smith ?.....nah, got that nifty Dremel for Christmas....let's do this.

Thomas M-4
03-17-11, 23:35
I think its more the instant gratification and arrogance in our society has come to.
I have seen a guy spend thousands++++:rolleyes: on engines putting superchargers, heads, stoker kits, roller cams,transmissions, converters & rear-end gears all chasing his tail on a stupid simple problem. I have literally watched a guy spend thousands of dollars changing out parts and went to more than one supposed speed shop to get his engine sorted out. BTW the problem was he bought a vortech s-trim supercharger kit that had a FMU that was calibrated to 19lb fuel injectors and he installed 32lb injectors with out recalibrating the FMU unit stupid MF . I told him what he was doing wrong while standing over him watching him change out fuel injectors 3 1/2 yrs and thousands of dollars down the drain before he finally stumbled across it after the original FMU went out .
After that episode I realized that there are people in this world that have more money than brain cells and even if you give them the right answer it does not mean they will get it. :no: What a stupid arrogant son of a Bitch. It still boggles my mind yrs afterward.

Find ManBearPig!
03-17-11, 23:44
This whole thread makes me doubt humanity's intelligence as a whole. Not that I didn't before.

Trying to put something together after careful planning and preparation with a good guide and doing something wrong? That's fine if you go back, find your mistake, and correct it properly.

When you attempt to do something thinking it will be a "quick fix" when you don't have a ****ing clue what the hell you are doing, then getting drunk and taking a power tool to it, that's the issue. And on something that could explode to if you messed with it enough, that's just one more thing on the list of reasons why your a dumbass. It boggles the mind to think what goes through the heads of the idiots on that other sight.

I think this sums is up properly.

http://demotivate.me/mediafiles/full/4162010103910AM_common_sense_-_so_rare_its_a_god_damn_super_power.jpg

ALCOAR
03-17-11, 23:53
It's insane when people will pay out the ass to go smell Pat Rogers Ancient Fart dust, but they will make ZERO effor to learn WTF they're doing on a build. :confused:

My side is hurting, you certainly are the most humorous member we have on this great site, as well as the biggest LWRC supporter we have:D

I will admit given the opportunity, I will pay out the ying yang to catch of glimpse of Costa's chest hair:D:D

This thread is beyond record setting pace....again not sure how I feel about that.

usmcvet
03-17-11, 23:59

Well he gets points for honesty but what the hell is he doing trying to sell that. He sould have eaten it as a little bit of lifes tuition. SUPER GLUE. Man that is scary.

Bubba FAL
03-18-11, 00:24
Well he gets points for honesty but what the hell is he doing trying to sell that. He sould have eaten it as a little bit of lifes tuition. SUPER GLUE. Man that is scary.

Yeah, at least use JB Weld fer cryin' out loud!

nynco
03-18-11, 00:29
It seems to be a full on tard fest over there today. I know I am not an expert.......... but jez WTF?

I seriously think these guys are the next darwin award recipients.

Just think how bad this would be if these guys were loading their own ammo:laugh:

Iraqgunz
03-18-11, 00:52
Watch for my upcoming eBay auction. Chris Costa beard trimmings. :D

My side is hurting, you certainly are the most humorous member we have on this great site, as well as the biggest LWRC supporter we have:D

I will admit given the opportunity, I will pay out the ying yang to catch of glimpse of Costa's chest hair:D:D

This thread is beyond record setting pace....again not sure how I feel about that.

Find ManBearPig!
03-18-11, 00:53

Oh boy, those are gunna sell like hot cakes. :D

Shiz
03-18-11, 03:25
forgive my newness and just butting in...I can't stop laughing.
two castle nuts rather than one so you may not need to stake

Think how awesome 3-4 would be!!! :no: Three words...rev-o-lut-...shion-ary. Think how many end plates you could put on.

I have a few ideas for improving my AR too.

-to make a commercial stock fit a mil spec, put a couple of layers of duck tape in the R-extension. . VIOLA! magic

-gorilla glue the trigger/hammer pins..when SHTF, they won't roll out.

-remove the forward assist, and install a lube bottle, maybe even a syringe full of lube, every couple hundred shots, give 'er a shot o' lube.

- installing skate wheels in my bipod...so it doesn't make draggy noises. Also, if i get tired, i can grab it by the barrel, and just pull it behind me, like a wagon, or my dog.

-installing sling mounts on my mags, so I can wear them as a necklace....ORRRR better yet, have them on a really big key ring. One of those janitor ones, with the spring loaded chain.... that way when i eject them, and they won't fall to the floor and get dirty. Plus, those guys at the range won't take them from me any more. Hey it frees up room in the tac vest for first aid supplies, I go through lots of first aid stuff.

-porting the barrel with my drill, i am thinking, the closer to the delta ring I get, the smoother the shooting will be. It will sorta look like a flute when im done. all those holes on the top side will eliminate the recoil completely.

I plan on getting started on these as soon as I'm done converting all my FMJ to hollowpoint...its amazing what a drillpress and some vicegrips can accomplish. :haha: One queston...if one hole is good, i bet 2 or 3 is awesome. nevermind, no question....more of an epiphany!..YES!!!

Just think how bad this would be if these guys were loading their own ammo Wait, you can load YOUR OWN ammo?

Sorry can't sleep, and couldn't resist.

tvfreakarms
03-18-11, 04:34
Kapla!

Scratch one buffer tube.

ALCOAR
03-18-11, 04:40
Oh boy, those are gunna sell like hot cakes. :D

Ask IG how he made his millions....selling LAV freshly chopped chest hair...he has cornered the gun celebrity body hair collectibles market and I'm envious as hell:D

Sorry better get back on track for this thread.....whenever I figure out what track that happens to be.

Quiet-Matt
03-18-11, 04:58

Here's an image from the harvesting process. I can't wait to get mine!
http://wireropecutter.com/images/wire_rope_cutters.jpg

miamitj
03-18-11, 05:49
I remember reading your post about KAC. There was no real reason for your post and if they choose to not sell something, then that is their right.
C4

When a company did not want to sell a product because they repeadidly claim, in writing, it's too dangerous to put in the hands of civilians, I think it deserves a post. I know I would like to know if a company I'm buying from supports my 2A rights.

BTW, how has this post "more reason" as you say than the one I made?

Do you really think if the post was about Spikes versus KAC it would of been deleted?

Yes I know KAC has changed opinion since ...

Iraqgunz
03-18-11, 06:02
Would you please enlighten the rest of us as to what KAC would not sell you that was so dangerous? Did they actually state this or was this some conclusion you came up with?

Is it because you live a communist state?

When a company did not want to sell a product because they repeadidly claim, in writing, it's too dangerous to put in the hands of civilians, I think it deserves a post. I know I would like to know if a company I'm buying from supports my 2A rights.

Do you really think if the post was about Spikes versus KAC it would of been deleted?

Palmguy
03-18-11, 06:12

I know what you are talking about and I'll just caution that it may be a bit of a reach to take an e-mail from a sales guy and attribute that to be the view of the company. I understand he is functioning as a representative of the company; I get it, but nonetheless he was outside of his lane on that one.

We are fortunate here to have multiple people from KAC whose opinions actually do matter...and the sentiments of that guy are not echoed with them.

Just to put all possible bias on the table I was a KAC engineer at the time of that particular incident. I am not any longer.

Iraqgunz
03-18-11, 06:24
Would you care to enlighten us? I prefer that the OP do it since he took a stab at KAC, but I guess he doesn't want to.

I know what you are talking about and I'll just caution that it may be a bit of a reach to take an e-mail from a sales guy and attribute that to be the view of the company. I understand he is functioning as a representative of the company; I get it, but nonetheless he was outside of his lane on that one.

We are fortunate here to have multiple people from KAC whose opinions actually do matter...and the sentiments of that guy are not echoed with them.

Just to put all possible bias on the table I was a KAC engineer at the time of that particular incident. I am not any longer.

MistWolf
03-18-11, 06:28
To which magazine release pin are you referring?

Will

I'm referring to the pin that holds the magazine release in place. I started with a standard length punch and put a couple of pecker tracks on the lower. I switched to a brass punch with a much longer reach and the pin installation went smoother and with no more owner inflicted blems. I should have used the long punch to begin with

mtdawg169
03-18-11, 06:37
I'm still not tracking, do you mean the bolt catch roll pin?

fivefivesix
03-18-11, 07:13
he said that now he realizes he screwed it in one turn too much and was trying to fix a wobbly re by screwing it in more instead of tourqueing the castle nut.:alcoholic:
maybe if he wasnt drinking he would have realized it before he got out the power tools. since when did assembling an ar require any power tools? besides dimpling and drilling fsb

Palmguy
03-18-11, 07:41
PM sent, IG.

C4IGrant
03-18-11, 09:19
Being an idiot isn't that big of a deal when you know you're an idiot. It starts becoming a problem when you think you know all sorts of things. I think we're rapidly becoming a nation of illiterate, innumerate incompetents who couldn't critically think their way out of a wet paper bag.

I remember reading where someone stated that 80% of the population were functioning idiots.

I tend to agree with this.

C4

durus5995
03-18-11, 09:26
I'm referring to the pin that holds the magazine release in place. I started with a standard length punch and put a couple of pecker tracks on the lower. I switched to a brass punch with a much longer reach and the pin installation went smoother and with no more owner inflicted blems. I should have used the long punch to begin with

Are you talking about the actual magazine catch that you screw into the magazine release button?

C4IGrant
03-18-11, 09:36

The person you were speaking to (Tim R.) is an inside sales rep (nothing more). He is NOT the official spokesman for KAC. So when you say that "THEY SAID", you need to be careful as I am betting that he does not speak for the company.

Your post was in 2008. At that time, that gun had just started to see the light of day. There was probably about 3 of them in the world.

So you were upset about the fact that you couldn't buy a gun (which would have cost you $40K) that didn't have any mags for ammo for it. Right.

In case you were not aware, there are ammo and guns that companies make that they WON'T SELL YOU. Why? Because they don't know what you would do with it.
As an FFL dealer, I have declined the sale of firearms and ammo to people that I did not trust. Did I stomp their 2A rights? Yep and am glad I did.

Let me make it a little more clear for you. Aimpoint and Trijicon (for instance) make optics and lasers that they won't sell to you or me. Why? Because I might be able to look around a corner, see in the dark or burn someones eyes out without them knowing it. Keep in mind, I am trusted with machine guns and suppressors (C3 Dealer), but cannot have certain optics or IR laser.

Should I start a rant about the fact that these two companies won't sell me something that they (or the Govt) has chosen to restrict? No. Why? Because it is foolish and a 100% waste of time.

This thread isn't about Spikes. It is about the moron that took a grinder to his RE. It just so happens that the product he did the grinding on was a ST RE.

Right you are! https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=25107&highlight=kac

C4

The Cat
03-18-11, 09:37
Are you talking about the actual magazine catch that you screw into the magazine release button?

He's *got* to be talking about the bolt catch.

Which reminds me - me and a buddy went to a local GTG shoot involving people we met on a state gun forum. (Shadenfreude, if you're reading this, yeah, I'm going there.)
Anyway, a guy had a frankengun AR that was malfunctioning rather often. The guy upon whose land we were shooting - and claimed to be an Army armorer - told the guy he'd be happy to fix the gun for him. Did he try fixing the problem by first trying a different mag from the ratty-assed one the shooter had? NO - he told the guy to come with him - they were going to the house where the 'armorer' was going to dremel some M4 Feed Ramps.
The best part - get this - as they were walking away, Shadenfreude and I BOTH heard the 'armorer' say that if that didn't fix the problem, maybe the FIRING PIN SPRING WAS BAD!!!! :no:

miamitj
03-18-11, 09:51
Would you please enlighten the rest of us as to what KAC would not sell you that was so dangerous? Did they actually state this or was this some conclusion you came up with?

Is it because you live a communist state?

I did not mention KAC in my original post, I only mentioned it after Grant mentioned the post dealt with them so how would I have taken a stab at them?

A little reading comprehension from you and you can get the idea of what happened. I also clearly stated that the response from the vendor was in several different written documents.

Would you care to enlighten us? I prefer that the OP do it since he took a stab at KAC, but I guess he doesn't want to.

How about a little more than 22 minutes for a response before you get your panties in a wad? Some of us work. Definitely expected better from a "mod" of a sight that is suppose to be more enlightened than ARFCOM ... You are reacting like your from ARFCOM ...

miamitj
03-18-11, 09:52

I agree with you. I did attempt to clarify this with other's at KAC and they never responded. Well they did not respond till my post here. All that needed to be done was clarification, and thats it.

jklaughrey
03-18-11, 09:54
I did not mention KAC in my original post, I only mentioned it after Grant mentioned the post dealt with them so how would I have taken a stab at them?

A little reading comprehension from you and you can get the idea of what happened. I also clearly stated that the response from the vendor was in several different written documents.

How about a little more than 22 minutes for a response before you get your panties in a wad? Some of us work. Definitely expected better from a "mod" of a sight that is suppose to be more enlightened than ARFCOM ... You are reacting like your from ARFCOM ...

I did not realize IG was a moderator of optics! If you are going to piss in the wind, be sure to do so with all of your shit correct first.

The Cat
03-18-11, 09:55
I did not realize IG was a moderator of optics!

You, sir, win the WHOLE INTERNETS for the day!!!!!! :haha:

djegators
03-18-11, 09:55
As an FFL dealer, I have declined the sale of firearms and ammo to people that I did not trust. Did I stomp their 2A rights? Yep and am glad I did.

Grant, I agree with your post, but I must make a small clarification. You are a private dealer, so you may choose who to not deal with, that is your right, and your not selling to someone is not a violation of anyone's rights. The 2A has nothing to do with this, it is a recognition by our Bill of Rights that we are born with certain freedoms, and the govt shall protect these freedoms.

Hmac
03-18-11, 10:12

bear-poking portion of this post deleted...

Just an off-topic observation....the concept and point behind this post was rather ill-considered. You might want to consider deleting your post and taking the rest of discussion off-line with IG. The rest of us don't really want to watch this particular car-wreck-in-progress,...

miamitj
03-18-11, 10:13
The person you were speaking to (Tim R.) is an inside sales rep (nothing more). He is NOT the official spokesman for KAC. So when you say that "THEY SAID", you need to be careful as I am betting that he does not speak for the company.

You are correct. But if I remember correctly, at the time I made it clear that though this individual person did not necessarily represent the greater opinion of KAC, there were several other posts around to support my position. At the time KAC was not known for there love for civilian sales and my post had links to other posts representing such. Grant you and I both know that at the time KAC was working hard to change that image.[/QUOTE]

So you were upset about the fact that you couldn't buy a gun (which would have cost you $40K) that didn't have any mags for ammo for it. Right.

In case you were not aware, there are ammo and guns that companies make that they WON'T SELL YOU. Why? Because they don't know what you would do with it.

Come on, seriously? You know that post was about the position KAC was taking on civilian sales, them saying they were working on changing that perception, yet it still persisted.

This thread isn't about Spikes. It is about the moron that took a grinder to his RE. It just so happens that the product he did the grinding on was a ST RE.

That's a cop out to the question I asked. Please answer me, PM me if you like, do you think the post would of been deleted if it was about Spikes versus KAC? How has this post "more reason" as you say than the one I made?

Right you are! https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=25107&highlight=kac

C4

I know, I saw that post a while ago. My opinion on them has also changed since. My post mentioning a "vendor", notice I did not even mention KAC - you did, was how all forums have their biases. It was never meant to drag this up again ...

miamitj
03-18-11, 10:20
I did not realize IG was a moderator of optics! If you are going to piss in the wind, be sure to do so with all of your shit correct first.

Yelp I messed up, I guess I should go hide now ...

miamitj
03-18-11, 10:27
Just an off-topic observation....the concept and point behind this post was rather ill-considered. You might want to consider deleting your post and taking the rest of discussion off-line with IG. The rest of us don't really want to watch this particular car-wreck-in-progress,...

You could be right ... It has definitely gone way to far from what my intention was.

If anyone would like to discuss it further reach me via PM...

jklaughrey
03-18-11, 10:29
You could be right ... It has definitely gone way to far from what my intention was.

If anyone would like to discuss it further reach me via PM...

That is the first intelligent thought you have had. Awesome!

miamitj
03-18-11, 10:37
That is the first intelligent thought you have had. Awesome!

Wow .... feel better? Bigger? Like a man now? Intelligent? lol ... First you are the grammar Nazi and now you toss in a low blow? Your acting like you should be on disney.com and not a gun forum ...

Icculus
03-18-11, 10:42
-remove the forward assist, and install a lube bottle, maybe even a syringe full of lube, every couple hundred shots, give 'er a shot o' lube.

Actually I kinda like that one:D

jklaughrey
03-18-11, 10:51
Wow .... feel better? Bigger? Like a man now? Intelligent? lol ... First you are the grammar Nazi and now you toss in a low blow? Your acting like you should be on disney.com and not a gun forum ...

I like humor as well, but don't take my levity out of context. You posted up issues in a deliberate attempt to derail and defame sponsor's/manuf's/dealers. Really you should just go for a walk then return when your "dick" isn't talking for your mouth!

Palmguy
03-18-11, 10:59
Can we stop please?

nynco
Back to original point of this thread.....

I went over to arfcom and posted a reply, I am Medicus over there. Lets see what happens to me.

sight post off thread (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=530954&page=1)

Hmac
[quotes deleted]

Seriously, guys.....

miamitj
03-18-11, 11:00
..., ...

miamitj
03-18-11, 11:03
Seriously, guys.....

You are right, deleting my response to his last post ...

C4IGrant
03-18-11, 11:41
Grant, I agree with your post, but I must make a small clarification. You are a private dealer, so you may choose who to not deal with, that is your right, and your not selling to someone is not a violation of anyone's rights. The 2A has nothing to do with this, it is a recognition by our Bill of Rights that we are born with certain freedoms, and the govt shall protect these freedoms.

I know. I was just saying that gun companies, dealer, etc all make choices about who to sell things to. Some people think this is infracting on their 2A rights (which I think is funny).

C4

djegators
03-18-11, 11:47
I know. I was just saying that gun companies, dealer, etc all make choices about who to sell things to. Some people think this is infracting on their 2A rights (which I think is funny).

C4

Right on, right on. Luckily you still sell to me :haha:

JSantoro
03-18-11, 12:04
You are right, deleting my response to his last post ...

Oh, ONLY your last one? And ONLY one of your responses to HIM, Slappy?

Did I miss March being declared "Nat'l Stupid Post Tsunami Month," or what?

Everybody take notice: Knock this shit off. Right goddamned now.

miamitj
03-18-11, 12:11
Oh, ONLY your last one? And ONLY one of your responses to HIM, Slappy?

Did I miss March being declared "Nat'l Stupid Post Tsunami Month," or what?

Everybody take notice: Knock this shit off. Right goddamned now.

How would deleting a quoted post help?

JSantoro
03-18-11, 12:38

Follow-up question in response to your own: How does sassing me or any other staff member like you just did help you out in the long run? Given that wholesale deletions, and not just of posts, are somewhat easier for me than for you?

You have a bunch of real winners in this thread that could have been done with not being submitted entirely, so what I quoted was calling out the "I posted a bunch of needlessly argumentative crap in here, but I'm gonna delete that last one and that'll make it ALL BETTER!" aspect of your previous post.

I weep for the future, seeing a monumentally disjointed thought process articulated in such a fashion.

All that said, you may or may not have noticed (I'm leaning toward 'not') that I ended my above post with not one, but TWO sentences that were clearly directed at membership in general and not just you, at least hinting that I quoted you as a means of speaking to a point, and to the members participating in this thread as a whole.

You mentioned "reading comprehension" earlier in this thread. Take your own freakin' advice and use some of that. If you decide to respond to this post publicly and directly, use it carefully with what you type, since I'm now all wholly focused on YOU right now and might mistake your paltry attempts at cleverness for something else, and react accordingly, you having managed to skyline yourself so effectively as you have at the moment.....

nynco
03-18-11, 13:19

I don't think he explained that question well. I think what he thinks is that even if he deletes what he posted before, that it will show up in other peoples quotes. Thus making things really confusing. This is true in some boards. But it depends on the code for this board.

Just trying to help.

polymorpheous
03-18-11, 13:19
I have been banned from TOS' AR tech boards. The penguin didn't like my comment about their reputation. Especially the disinfo flying around there.

Would shortening the tube like that be detrimental to the function of the action?

Iraqgunz
03-18-11, 14:44
miamitj,

I found the thread in question and sorry to say that you are completely wrong. Whether or not you choose to buy from KAC in the future is your business. I think that their position and the comments made have been clarified. Which is also something you could have done as well so that you would have been perceived as a cry baby.

Second, it has jack shit to do with this thread whatsoever. So my first and only warning to you is either stay on topic or don't post in this thread. Simple as that.

I also don't appreciate your smart ass comments towards me. You are getting a hall pass this time.

MistWolf
03-18-11, 15:34
I'm still not tracking, do you mean the bolt catch roll pin?

DOH! Yes, you're right. Brain fart!

Moose-Knuckle
03-18-11, 15:36
Suddenly I have the yearning to watch a Lenny Magill video. . .

miamitj
03-18-11, 15:41
Follow-up question in response to your own: How does sassing me or any other staff member like you just did help you out in the long run? Given that wholesale deletions, and not just of posts, are somewhat easier for me than for you?

You have a bunch of real winners in this thread that could have been done with not being submitted entirely, so what I quoted was calling out the "I posted a bunch of needlessly argumentative crap in here, but I'm gonna delete that last one and that'll make it ALL BETTER!" aspect of your previous post.

I weep for the future, seeing a monumentally disjointed thought process articulated in such a fashion.

All that said, you may or may not have noticed (I'm leaning toward 'not') that I ended my above post with not one, but TWO sentences that were clearly directed at membership in general and not just you, at least hinting that I quoted you as a means of speaking to a point, and to the members participating in this thread as a whole.

You mentioned "reading comprehension" earlier in this thread. Take your own freakin' advice and use some of that. If you decide to respond to this post publicly and directly, use it carefully with what you type, since I'm now all wholly focused on YOU right now and might mistake your paltry attempts at cleverness for something else, and react accordingly, you having managed to skyline yourself so effectively as you have at the moment.....

I don't think he explained that question well. I think what he thinks is that even if he deletes what he posted before, that it will show up in other peoples quotes. Thus making things really confusing. This is true in some boards. But it depends on the code for this board.

Just trying to help.

What he said ...

miamitj
03-18-11, 15:55
Second, it has jack shit to do with this thread whatsoever. So my first and only warning to you is either stay on topic or don't post in this thread. Simple as that.

My original post had everything to do with this thread. Re-read it please. The discussion became about how much better this site is and my response was to point out it was not. More yet, it was about how mods act on ARFCOM and how they are no different here. That's on topic.

I also don't appreciate your smart ass comments towards me. You are getting a hall pass this time.

I don't appreciate yours, from the start you have been no better. Granted this post is civil but previous ones have not.

Sorry, everyone here can talk crap about other forums and their mods but what has been shown here by both mods and members does not seen much better.

jklaughrey
03-18-11, 16:04
My original post had everything to do with this thread. Re-read it please. The discussion became about how much better this site is and my response was to point out it was not. More yet, it was about how mods act on ARFCOM and how they are no different here. That's on topic.

I don't appreciate yours, from the start you have been no better. Granted this post is civil but previous ones have not.

Sorry, everyone here can talk crap about other forums and their mods but what has been shown here by both mods and members does not seen much better.

****ing Really!

jonconsiglio
03-18-11, 16:13

This shit is making me cringe. Man, take it up via PM.

Iraqgunz
03-18-11, 16:19
This thread is about morons who have no business working on guns, specifically AR's.

Your crying about KAC not selling you their PDW had nothing to do with this site or this thread.

I'll give you a very specific example of how we are different from TOS.

Back when Larry Vickers made a little perceived swipe at the retards from TOS on his little DD video they flocked to their key boards like a pack of heathen and then began to make the most disgusting and vile remarks about a real deal Tier 1 operator who has done more than probably any 300 of the turd lickers over there.

And the moderators allowed it to go on and on for about 20 pages before it was locked. We would have never let that happen and people would have been smashed in place.

If you think your rights here (of which you have none) have been trampeled on you are are free to leave and post over there all the stuff you want all day long.

Hmac
03-18-11, 16:26

We appear to be more rapidly approaching the inevitable conclusion of this thread.

TOrrock
03-18-11, 16:42

We appear to be more rapidly approaching the inevitable conclusion of this thread.

He's gone.

I think this thread has run it's course.