PDA

View Full Version : New guy

Flyboy0516
03-15-11, 18:47
Hello

Not really sure where the best place here to intro myself is. The General Discussion thread at the bottom is locked, so I just wanted to take a minute and say hello. I'm new to AR's and tactical style shooting (been hunting all my life). A buddy of mine has a Bushmaster, i like shooting it. But i want one of my own. Little background on myself. I'm a pilot by trade and education. Flew a little freight. Then i started flying the army version of predator in Iraq (Sky warrior and Grey Eagle).

So ill keep lurking until i find an intelligent question to ask.

tog
03-15-11, 18:53
Hello

Not really sure where the best place here to intro myself is. The General Discussion thread at the bottom is locked, so I just wanted to take a minute and say hello. I'm new to AR's and tactical style shooting (been hunting all my life). A buddy of mine has a Bushmaster, i like shooting it. But i want one of my own. Little background on myself. I'm a pilot by trade and education. Flew a little freight. Then i started flying the army version of predator in Iraq (Sky warrior and Grey Eagle).

So ill keep lurking until i find an intelligent question to ask.

Hello Flyboy,
I'm new here too. Like you, I've been mostly lurking, but get a chance to post every now and then. I had plenty of questions, but found most of the answers by using the search function (orange button at the top). Just about every question you can think of has already been asked. While you are lurking, please try the search feature out. It is amazing to say the least! Also, they have a great place to discuss other rifles like my favorite, the FAL.
tog

Flyboy0516
03-15-11, 18:56
Ive belong to other forums that crucify over the search function. Ive used it here alot. Especially for info on Bravo Company.

ZRH
03-15-11, 19:01
This will be informative if you're trying to pick something: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642

There is a "New Shooter" forum but it's kinda buried in General Firearms section, I didnt even see it until like a week ago >.>

opmike
03-15-11, 19:16
Welcome to the forum.

And I'd also like to offer the advice of not taking some responses that you may get here too personally. No matter the tone, our goal is ALWAYS to ensure that you make the best buying decision possible, and that you're educated on the subject.

The amount of low quality, or just plain wrong, information circulating around the AR community is saddening.