PDA

View Full Version : Which complete lower for a BCM upper?

avengd7x
03-16-11, 11:01
I'm sorry for posting a thread like this, I seriously spent over an hour searching before I decided to post a new thread. The closest match I could find was this one:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=43724

but it's not much of a discussion...

So I recently bought a new BCM upper and can't wait to shoot it, but I'm trying to decide on a lower to pair it with. I haven't built up the courage to assemble my own lower so I'm looking at the complete lowers and I've narrowed it down to two.

It seems like the best choice would be to buy a complete lower from BCM for $350, but... spikes has their complete lower for $250 and I'm really unsure what to do. Most of what I have read here is that all lowers are pretty much the same, it's the LPK, H buffer, spring, etc. that matters, so is it worth it for me to spend the $100 more for the BCM over the spikes?

BCM:
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Lower-Receiver-Groups-M4-AR15-s/117.htm

spikes:
http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/spikes-tactical-complete-lower-custom-built-p-270.html

I know a lot of you like your uppers and lowers to have the same roll mark, but that doesn't really matter to me. I just want a dependable, quality, long lasting lower to go with my dependable, quality, long lasting upper. Thanks a lot for your help

MistoGators
03-16-11, 11:19
Palmetto State Armory has a complete lower for $240 and an MOE lower for $300.

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/AR-15-lowe-receivers.php

Palmguy
03-16-11, 11:38
Get a BCM complete blem lower. $90 cheaper than the standard BCM lower.

orlanger
03-16-11, 11:44
Same here.

Check out G&R Tactical, a site sponsor, who stocks BCM complete lowers. No worries as you'll know its made right.

Having owned/shot one for a while now, I would go with a BCM blem lower if they have them in stock. Don't worry about the "blem", if mine is blemished I can't find it, besides it will be "blemmed" within a range trip or two anyway.

jonconsiglio
03-16-11, 11:50
It depends on what you want. I have a Noveske and LMT, but ha e really taken to the Knights Armament. If you look at Noveske's site, you see some are $1,000 cheaper without the lower. The KAC lower can be had for $650 to $700 and has a $200 Sopmod, a $300 trigger give or take (if sold separately), LPK maybe $200 including selector, re, buffer, trigger guard and pins/springs/detents, etc., plus the lower itself which stripped would sell for $175 maybe, considering Noveske stripped sells for about $170, plus the ambi controls if that's important to you.

Normally this would be a "use the search button" response, but figured I'd mention that about the KAC. Having said that, a nice Bravo Co from Grant at G and R would be great for that upper, plus service from Grant is very good.

Any standard AR15 lower will work, just stick to quality.

Quentin
03-16-11, 11:53
I'd also say go with the BCM blem. You'll get a quality lower with top notch parts for about the same price as the run of the mill lower with DPMS parts and a commercial receiver extension.

Why not turn your quality upper into a quality complete rifle! Consider adding an H buffer too...

kdcgrohl
03-16-11, 11:58
The KAC IWS lowers are VERY nice. As are Noveskes & LMT...
But really, you can't go wrong with the blem BCM from G&R.
I still haven't found the "blem".

Palmguy
03-16-11, 12:37
I'd also say go with the BCM blem. You'll get a quality lower with top notch parts for about the same price as the run of the mill lower with DPMS parts and a commercial receiver extension.

Why not turn your quality upper into a quality complete rifle! Consider adding an H buffer too...

The BCM lower will come with an H buffer.

jonconsiglio
03-16-11, 12:40
I agree, the blem'd BCM is a great idea. I bought a stripped Noveske for $150, not knowing about their blem'd lowers. I'd definitely go for the BCM as they are a great company and the blem'd lowers are $71 cheaper. I don't know about you, but my lowers are blem'd wafter the first day out, so it's a great option.

Stickman
03-16-11, 12:48
Get a BCM complete blem lower. $90 cheaper than the standard BCM lower.

Exactly.

avengd7x
03-16-11, 12:51
thanks for the suggestions guys, i had everything ready to go to buy a bcm blem back when they were $90 cheaper, but now, after shipping they're only $66 cheaper which made me think to just go with the unblem lower.

it seems like no one is in favor for the spikes, even for that price, so i guess that's out? i'm interested in the kac lower cus its ambi, but can't find a place to purchase one from...

thanks again

Quentin
03-16-11, 13:02
The BCM lower will come with an H buffer.

Good to know, I was going by BCM's M4 stock kits that come with the standard weight carbine buffer unless you upgrade.

kdcgrohl
03-16-11, 13:03
thanks for the suggestions guys, i had everything ready to go to buy a bcm blem back when they were $90 cheaper, but now, after shipping they're only $66 cheaper which made me think to just go with the unblem lower.

it seems like no one is in favor for the spikes, even for that price, so i guess that's out? i'm interested in the kac lower cus its ambi, but can't find a place to purchase one from...

thanks again

Lawmen's and Shooters Supply. Contact Casey Seng, ext. 235

Palmguy
03-16-11, 13:07
Good to know, I was going by BCM's M4 stock kits that come with the standard weight carbine buffer unless you upgrade.

I've only ever gotten mine from Grant... http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LWR-BCM

Quentin
03-16-11, 13:16
I've only ever gotten mine from Grant... http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LWR-BCM

Well you can't do much better than G&R Tactical!

Interesting, from the pictured receiver in your link the rollmark now says "BCM Rifle Company". Wonder when that changed, I like that. Used to be "Bravo Company MFG" and a few "Bravo Company USA".

bsmith_shoot
03-16-11, 13:23
Either one will be good to go. Im not a fan of Spikes uppers, but I love their lowers! I got a BCM blem. lower on a BCM 14.5 mid-length, and a Spikes lower on a BCM 11.5 upper. Both rifles are absolutely flawless! Get the one thats the cheapest, and run the sh!t out of it!

Icculus
03-16-11, 13:43
Get a BCM complete blem lower. $71 cheaper than the standard BCM lower.

Fixed it for you ;)

jackblack73
03-16-11, 15:56
As others have said, the BCM blem lower is no longer $90 cheaper. Now it's $70 less. Also, it's very easy to see the blem on mine. The finish has little white dots all over it. It looks like dust. I'm still happy with it, but if it was only $70 less I would have considered getting a regular one.

interfan
03-16-11, 16:26
As others have said, the BCM blem lower is no longer $90 cheaper. Now it's $70 less. Also, it's very easy to see the blem on mine. The finish has little white dots all over it. It looks like dust. I'm still happy with it, but if it was only $70 less I would have considered getting a regular one.

I have always found that when you use it, the finish is going to get ****ed up anyway. When it starts to bug you, $70 buys a ton of krylon.

MitchK
03-16-11, 19:56
Ditto G & R

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LWR-BCM

jonconsiglio
03-16-11, 20:18

Did you post a pic of yours before? I saw one with some rough finish, though I'd take it anyway as it looks better than most of my lowers.