PDA

View Full Version : too many spare parts

robm
03-16-11, 19:19
so I have a 16 inch Colt HBAR 1/9 twist barrel with a muzzle break sitting on my shelf collecting dust... I also have a spare DD upper. I'm NOT trying to build my primary AR15... can any one give me a reason not to leave that Colt barrel on the shelf? Can it be good for something? I know its pretty accurate and coming from Colt its gotta have some quality..

it hasn't been touched in many years, I hate having stuff i don't use... but I feel like i would have a hard time selling it

any one have any ideas for a "spare parts" type of rifle using this barrel that wouldn't totally suck? My most used AR is a simple BCM with a light weight profile barrel and thats what im used to shooting. maybe a heavy set up would be a good traing aid kind of like jogging with weights? :haha:

usmcvet
03-16-11, 19:58
Someone would buy either or both. You could put them together and keep it or sell them. I just went through the same type of deal myself. I built an 14.5" upper with an A2 Colt upper. I quickly decided I didn't really need two spare uppers and sold it. The extra cash helped with a few bills. I just finished another upper with an A1 Colt Slick side upper and a BCM 11.5" bbl. I love it. It is light, short and simple.

zombie killer
03-16-11, 20:36
You could send the barrel to me for storage:sarcastic:

I bet you could sell it to someone.

Marty916
03-16-11, 21:15
You might consider re-contouring your barrel if the weight is an issue.

Iraqgunz
03-16-11, 23:03
Please explain to the viewing audience how this is a technical subject.

markm
03-17-11, 09:29
Sell the barrel on the EE. It's a perfectly good barrel.