PDA

View Full Version : Are the Wilson Combat rifles worth the money?

HK51Fan
03-17-11, 11:59
I have the opportunity to buy a Wilson Combat AR for 1100.00. The question is are they worth the money? Not are they worth 1100.00, but are they worth the 1800-2200.00 I see them listed for?
If you guy's can please tell me specifically why they are worth the money or why not.
I currently have a bushmaster M-4 type carbine with an ARMS SIR rail system, ARMS flip up BUIS, choate M4 stock, Aimpoint Comp2 red dot, tac latch, custom grip and magpul aluminum enhanced trigger guard. I personally like the rifle and it has always performed well, but after reading some of the posts about bushmaster rifles I'm a bit worried.
So should I spend the money on a wilson AR or can I upgrade my current bushmaster?

jklaughrey
03-17-11, 12:39
You would be just trading one dog with fleas for another. Best to either get some better internals on the Bushmaster or build a BCM for under 1100.00 easy and still have money left over for ammo/mags/sling.

MCS
03-17-11, 12:46
Go with a DD, BMC, Colt for that money.

Iraqgunz
03-17-11, 13:12
Here is one thread to read. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=14325

Addtionally I would compare their specs with that of well known performers like Noveske, etc...

HK51Fan
03-17-11, 17:29
Thanks guys. I wanted to double check before I started negotiating for it!

After looking around I fell in love with the Vltor upper and rail (VIS - 2A).....I'll start there and build something I like. I like the look of the POF lower with the intregrated enhanced trigger guard, but need to do some more checking on it.