PDA

View Full Version : looking for a quad rail for my stag arms model 8

Medina556
03-17-11, 13:42
I'm thinking of upgrading to a quad rail on my carbine. Would a Midwest Ind be a good choice or DD?

Iraqgunz
03-17-11, 13:48
What kind of underwear do you like? Do you prefer blondes or brunettes? Do you like light beer or real beer?

See where this is going? You will get about 25 different answers by the end of the day. Do a search using the ORANGE search button at the top and make your choice.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a quad rail on my carbine. Would a Midwest Ind be a good choice or DD?

ASH556
03-17-11, 13:49
Welcome to the site! Your first post should probably be in the intro thread. There are countless discussions about which rail you might choose and why. The Big Yellow button at the top of the page labeled "SEARCH" is probably where you should start.

Read this too:http://tacticalyellowvisor.net/8343/41127.html

ETA: IG was a quicker clicker than I

BSmith
03-17-11, 13:58
Pick the one that you think is the prettiest and most functional for you and also made in the US. Chances are pretty good you won't go wrong.

Frens
03-17-11, 14:05
just stay away from chinese crap like UTG.
everything made in the US will serve you well.

In my limited experience you cant go wrong with MI, DD, KAC, Centurion and YHM.

first you have do choose between FreeFloat and non-FreeFloat rail.
non-FF are usually drop-in replacement of the factory polymer handguards and easier to install.

Medina556
03-17-11, 14:09
I think I'm going with a free float quad rail the thing is I'm limited by how high the piston system is no all quad rails fit. I guess what I really want to know is the DD really worth 100 bucks more?

Fuzzy-Reticle
03-17-11, 20:04
DD Omega (piston version).

Buy once and cry once.

Simple install, FF, works with your piston, tough as nails, quality.

Like most things in life you get what you pay for.

Dunderway
03-17-11, 20:06
What are you going to mount to the rail?

opmike
03-17-11, 20:56
If the Daniel Defense is within your means, just get the Omega model for piston carbines. It will save you the hassle of having t removing the gas block, delta ring, and all that jazz.

Also, don't totally disregard the Magpul MOE line. You can mount a light on one of those with no problem, and you'll save yourself a few hundred dollars.

Happypupy
03-18-11, 09:29
DD Omega (piston version).

Buy once and cry once.

Simple install, FF, works with your piston, tough as nails, quality.

Like most things in life you get what you pay for.

QFT

I coudn't agree with this more.

Coogan
03-18-11, 17:45
The Stag Model 8, being a piston gun, has an issue where the piston will interfere with the installation of any standard M4 handguard and, I am assuming, most quad rails. I am also guessing that this is why there is no 8T model. Perhaps Sansom will make something in the future.

When we received our first shipment of the 8's I noticed this right off the bat.

I am sorry that I do not have an answer for you, but I hope I helped steer your search.

Medina556
06-08-11, 04:25
Yea I wish I would have done better research before I purchased the stag I found rails but I don't have the opinion of mounting longer rails. I should have just purchased a milspec upper for what I spent

Apocalypse-Now
06-08-11, 04:38
have you called stag? maybe they can point out one to you :)

sdcromer
06-08-11, 09:24
I've run a DD Omega and now run a Magpul MOE on my Adams Arms piston rifle. Both fit without a hassle. The Stag looks similar enough that you shouldn't have a problem. Adams publishes a list of compatible rails on their website that you may use as a starting point.

Medina556
06-09-11, 04:31
I believe both systems are the Same the issue I have is that the only rails available are carbine length because of how the piston system is high.

Iraqgunz
06-09-11, 04:39
Something you need to understand. Many piston systems can only use certain set ups because of the design. Your best option is to sell it and get a good DI weapon. I know that isn't what you want to hear, but it's probably the best answer.

I believe both systems are the Same the issue I have is that the only rails available are carbine length because of how the piston system is high.

The_War_Wagon
06-09-11, 06:57
Something you need to understand. Many piston systems can only use certain set ups because of the design. Your best option is to sell it and get a good DI weapon. I know that isn't what you want to hear, but it's probably the best answer.

As a former POF-415 owner - THIS.

wetidlerjr
06-09-11, 11:52
Keep your piston AR. I have one upper and two DI rifles.
Below are four choices. :D

YHM Quad Rail (http://vtsupply.com/yhm-9660-two-piece-piston-ar-15-quad-rail-handguard-ar15-forearm.html)

Samson Quad Rail (http://www.stagarms.com/product_info.php?cPath=20_35&products_id=343)

MI Quad Rail (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=178594)

DD Omega Quad Rail (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&pq=dd+omega+7+large+piston+quad+rail&xhr=t&cp=16&qe=IERhbmllbHMgRGVmZW5zZSBPbWVnYSA3IGxhcmdlIHBpc3RvbiBxdWFkIHJhaWw&qesig=eRqH7qvLZlnA34qVtrCnnw&pkc=AFgZ2tmx3DQWA12s8myYHrl6JakXfxSi6IoLyFq6hflKNxr01Zh562Zv0I2CPSOeA1dl3pH4sHUbMDvJgPkkSltR3CaEnfoR8Q&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1346&bih=657&q=Daniels+Defense+Omega+7+large+piston+quad+rail&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=8755995880061083853&sa=X&ei=MvnwTcasG-Ps0gHBs520BA&sqi=2&ved=0CF8Q8wIwBg)

Medina556
06-09-11, 12:46
That's exactly what I am trying to do I'm trying to trade or sell but no luck yet. But like I said my fault for not doing the research I had purchased it before I knew about this website

cochraneap
06-09-11, 13:07
Daniel Defense Lite 9.0

after going through several rail systems, this is what I have now and I am finally happy. not too long, not too short, not too heavy, not too wide. perfect.