PDA

View Full Version : Potential for an FFL in Reston VA?

KAC Lover
03-18-11, 12:36
I've been toying with the idea of getting my FFL for a few years now, never really was serious about it until recently. I don't know of any stocking dealers in the area, although I'm not sure if I want to try and tackle something that significant right now or just stick with being a home based transfer guy initially. I've already looked over all the zoning/tax requirements and it shouldn't be an issue, just need to decide if it's the right choice. Any input? :D

709bubblehead
03-18-11, 13:05
I'm curious, what exactly does the process of getting an FFL entail?

sl4mdaddy
03-18-11, 13:34
I've been toying with the idea of getting my FFL for a few years now, never really was serious about it until recently. I don't know of any stocking dealers in the area, although I'm not sure if I want to try and tackle something that significant right now or just stick with being a home based transfer guy initially. I've already looked over all the zoning/tax requirements and it shouldn't be an issue, just need to decide if it's the right choice. Any input? :D

NOVA Armament is in Herndon if that helps any...

KAC Lover
03-18-11, 15:13
I'm curious, what exactly does the process of getting an FFL entail?

Basically you have to make sure that you have met all your state and county requirements to operate a business, tax registration etc, then you fill out 2 forms for ATF, submit your fingerprint card and your $200 then as I understand it if everything checks out ATF will send an agent to meet with you and explain their requirements and answer any questions you may have.

I'm aware of nova armament but I'm closer to the hunter mill side, don't particularly enjoy driving over to herndon.

709bubblehead
03-21-11, 09:19
Thanks for the info!

og556
04-19-11, 19:48
Having an FFL in Reston would be nice. I live in Reston and the closest shops are NoVa arms and Blue Ridge.

KAC Lover
05-01-11, 20:09
I just put my paperwork in last week so we'll see what happens :D Once it comes through I intend to do 10 dollar transfers for M4C members in the area.

intensional
07-13-11, 14:14
I just put my paperwork in last week so we'll see what happens :D Once it comes through I intend to do 10 dollar transfers for M4C members in the area.

I'm keeping an eye on this thread. I'd love to hear how the FFL process goes. Plus $10 transfers!

thebigx
08-23-11, 21:18
Kac Lover, let us know how it goes, I too am interested in getting my FFL and live in the area. My FFL actually lives off of Hunter Mill, he also runs the pro shop out in Fairfax Rod and Gun Club.