PDA

View Full Version : Put the first 100 rounds through my BCM

Silver_2325
03-19-11, 18:18
I dont have a detailed range report or pictures as conditions were not very good for my set up, I was unprepared and I was basically just taking it out to get a feel for it. It was windy and I didnt have a target stand so I was securing the targets against a clay berm with twigs. After every few shots the target would either blow away of flap in the wind. I was able to keep every round on the paper despite this and on the last magazine actually started putting together some decent groups in the 6" squares. Going to home depot tomorrow to get some wood to make a target stand for next weekend. My buddy has 60 acres in the middle of the Eastern WA desert that has 4 decent natural fire lanes where I can set up targets from 50 to 300 meters.

That BCM Recce 14 is a shooter. Absolutely loved the feel of it and am very happy with my purchase. Cant wait to see how it shoots in better conditions after I can get a more accurate zero. I set up the first round at 50 meters to dial in the BUIS. Next round was at 100 to dial in the ACOG. I didnt even have to adjust the ACOG, it was dead nuts accurate out of the box. BCM performed flawlessly, no misfeeds or jams. Love this system I set up.

Quentin
03-19-11, 21:48
Considering everything it sounds like it was a real good day! :D

Enjoy your new BCM...

Iraqgunz
03-20-11, 06:31
I am glad that you didn't experience any "jam" with your upper. It would be pretty messy otherwise.

arizonaranchman
03-20-11, 06:45
Happy to hear you're enjoying your new BCM. I have two of them and have been very impressed and pleased with them since day One with flawless performance. An outstanding carbines in every way.

Evil Bert
03-20-11, 07:53
I didn't think a Recce could be a 14". The original "Recce" spec called for a 16" barrel with a carbine length gas system. At least that is how they come from Crane.

Silver_2325
03-20-11, 12:41
I didn't think a Recce could be a 14". The original "Recce" spec called for a 16" barrel with a carbine length gas system. At least that is how they come from Crane.

Technically you are correct, The term Recce as in SEAL Recon Rifle was originally specified with a 16" barrel. I dont think there was any specification for gas system type, I could be wrong though. The BCM Recce 14 is a 14.5" barrel with permanently attached compensator making it 16.1" overall.

They also sell 14.5" mid lengths in their Recce upper section. Scroll down near the bottom of the page.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-15-16-Recce-Upper-Groups-Mid-Length-s/132.htm
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-RECCE-14-AR15-Bravo-Company-s/143.htm