PDA

View Full Version : High grip modification?

madisonsfinest
03-19-11, 21:52
I'm thinking about getting a high grip modification. I believe this allows your hand to sit up a little higher on the frame. Anyone had this done? Have you noticed an improvement? Any pics or recommendations on where to have this done? Thanks

*Edit* This is for a Glock 27

TOrrock
03-19-11, 21:53
On what firearm?

madisonsfinest
03-19-11, 22:07
Oops firearm added

NC Buckeye
03-20-11, 09:20
I have a scar on my right hand where the slide scratches me every time I shoot my EDC. I don't see how you could get your hand any higher on a glock without interfering with the slide. I could actually use a beaver tail.

skyugo
03-20-11, 13:01
yeah i don't see a way to grip a glock any higher... the slide is right there.
i also have 2 grooves scarred into my hand from my glock and p7.

Spiffums
03-20-11, 13:40
Glocks sit pretty low as it is. Seems to me you would be putting your hand right in the slides path if you go "higher".

Chameleox
03-20-11, 14:09
Gripforce makes an adapter, but only for the full size and compacts. Not sure if they'd do a custom job, have a subcompact model in the works, or if you can mod it somehow.

RD62
03-20-11, 15:19
I too find the Glock to sit about perfect in my hand, and think that any lower and there would be interference between my hand and the slide.

Cesiumsponge
03-21-11, 01:57
You could try removing some material from the bottom of the trigger guard so your fingers could sit up a little higher, which might add more comfort and be enough to satisfy. I'd be worried about the webbing of my hand getting bit by the slide unless I had a bigger beavertail welded onto the existing one prevent that from happening.

madisonsfinest
03-21-11, 09:21
You could try removing some material from the bottom of the trigger guard so your fingers could sit up a little higher, which might add more comfort and be enough to satisfy. I'd be worried about the webbing of my hand getting bit by the slide unless I had a bigger beavertail welded onto the existing one prevent that from happening.

This is what I was referring to. I think its called a high grip modification on some of the modification sites(robar etc.)