PDA

View Full Version : Well, I did it...

Complication
03-20-11, 08:31
I'm one of 179 or so new 2ndLts in the USMC. I graduated and commissioned this past Friday and TBS starts tomorrow morning. Once I get to the rifle and pistol range (which I hear will be in the first few weeks after we in-process) hopefully I'll be able to use some of what I learned with you all... although there's the right way, the wrong way, and the Marine Corps way, so who knows.

Anyhow, thanks for all you've all taught me as instructors, AIs, fellow shooters, and those that have organized the events I've attended. Hopefully I'll be able to find the time every now and again to show my face back on those OH ranges.

Semper Fi.

Hmac
03-20-11, 08:39
Congratulations!

C4IGrant
03-20-11, 09:18
Very cool man! Congrats, thank you for your service and look forward to your stories. :D

C4

PlatoCATM
03-20-11, 09:35
Congratulations. I just graduated OTS on 3 March, but I'm back to my guard unit.

1911pro
03-20-11, 10:56
Congratulations. Good to know we have some more straight shooters protecting us.

EChryst
03-20-11, 12:46
ATW, Sir!

Pay attention and listen to your NCOs!

Congrats LT!

Complication
03-20-11, 13:04
ATW, Sir!

Pay attention and listen to your NCOs!

Congrats LT!

My rackmate was a 0369 SSgt with 11 years in (3 reserve) so I heard a lot of bad lieutenant stories ;).

Belmont31R
03-20-11, 13:07
Congrats...my buddy is enlisted and going through the program to become an O. Not sure what its called but in the Army it was 'green to gold'.

EChryst
03-20-11, 13:08
Congrats...my buddy is enlisted and going through the program to become an O. Not sure what its called but in the Army it was 'green to gold'.

Oh Belmont, that's easy. It's called - irregardless of the branch - 'smart to dumb'

Oh, I crack myself up.

Complication
03-20-11, 13:13
The two programs I'm familiar with are ECP and MCP. Enlisted/meritorious commissioning program.

Quiet-Matt
03-20-11, 14:10
Congrats Marine!
Live ammo! I never shot the blanks at OCS, I just gave them to my buddy Charlie so I'd have less to clean. I wonder what my wife would say if she found me washing the Quigley crap out of my rifle in the shower?:sarcastic:

wedgehead30
03-20-11, 17:42
Conrats CD, nice job! We're gonna miss you on the range this year. But what you're doing now is waaaay more important.

Take care of your men and they will take care of you. Stay safe Lt.

Scott
:D

Complication
03-21-11, 15:49
I never shot the blanks at OCS, I just gave them to my buddy Charlie so I'd have less to clean.

According to my Platoon Commander, 1 hour IS sufficient time to get a rifle inspection-clean after firing 100 blanks and dragging it around the field for 3 days.

Also, dust in the barrel is enough to obstruct a projectile.

Who knew I would learn so much in the Marine Corps!

Decon
03-22-11, 19:51
Thank you for your service

chrisinohio
03-23-11, 20:57
Hope to see you again in the future.

Stay safe!

Chris

I'm one of 179 or so new 2ndLts in the USMC. I graduated and commissioned this past Friday and TBS starts tomorrow morning. Once I get to the rifle and pistol range (which I hear will be in the first few weeks after we in-process) hopefully I'll be able to use some of what I learned with you all... although there's the right way, the wrong way, and the Marine Corps way, so who knows.

Anyhow, thanks for all you've all taught me as instructors, AIs, fellow shooters, and those that have organized the events I've attended. Hopefully I'll be able to find the time every now and again to show my face back on those OH ranges.

Semper Fi.

Packman73
03-23-11, 20:59
Congrats and thanks for your service.:cool:

Semizal0311
03-23-11, 21:13
Oh Belmont, that's easy. It's called - irregardless of the branch - 'smart to dumb'

Oh, I crack myself up.

Haha well said!
OP congrats, have fun at TBS. My best friend from my enlisted days is finishing next month. He had a jolly old time ;)
Semper Fi brother

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

oakmax
03-26-11, 05:38
Great Job brother, hope you get to use the knowledge and skills on some targets other than paper.:cool: