PDA

View Full Version : Tango Down BG17 grip and SCAR railcover review

Dano5326
03-20-11, 13:02
I recently tried a Tango Down BG-17 (the bigger one) pistol grip on a SCAR-H. Much more to my liking as it raised the grip higher in the web of the hand and permitted better swing on the safety.

So next on HK416... In this application it really shines; raises the grip (thicker in just the right spots to allow muscling/driving the carbine fast), repositions the trigger finger to a more appropriate contact point, textured where need be and smooth where it should be, covers the rough spot on the trigger guard, and will hold a batt and a small bottle o lube.

That went well so put one on a shorty AK too. As expected, as above, big improvement.

For me this grip enhances consistent grip in full range of dynamic positions.

Threw some of the TangoDown SCAR covers on the, quick to get hot, 416 too. Nice and thin, good texture, easy to cut to size, can be snapped (forcefully) directly on the rail if you have zeroed accessories mounted you dont want to remove.

All in all satisfied with the above products & recommend them

bp7178
03-20-11, 13:52
Big plus one on the BG-17. I always liked the ergronomics of the Tango Down grip, the BG-16. What I hated about it was how small it was.

The BG-17 is the most ideal grip i've used.

Grrrr
03-20-11, 17:36
im running a bg-17 on my bcm middy.... my favorite grip to date

BaronFitz
03-21-11, 20:52
I've heard that the BG-17 is one of the few aftermarket grips that will fit the SCAR series without having to file the grip or the tang on your lower.

If so, I may be all up on that when I get around to pulling in a SCAR-17...I despise the A2 grip they have on there.