PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else with Firefox issues?

Belmont31R
03-20-11, 16:44
Worked great for the last year plus. The last few months it has an annoying lag. Its not my computer because everything else works fine. Basically if I scroll over a link it takes 1-2 seconds for the button to change to the "hand" and then 1-2 seconds for it to register the click. Then another 1-2 seconds for the page to load. As an experiment I opened IE up, and it works much faster. Ive disabled all the add ons I can to see if one of them was causing it. I had linkification, weather, ad block, ect. No change between disabled and enabled with any of my add ons. Even typing text sometimes it will hang up or if I backspace it takes a second to respond.

Ive gotten maybe 4 updates in the last few months, and am wondering if its something one of the updates changed. My computer is plenty fast to run anything I need to especially firefox. I get 20-30MB/S download speed, too.

Im about to ditch this browser but have gotten very used to it. Its just annoying to have constant hang ups, its been going "not responding" a few times lately. If I click a different browser window in the task bar sometimes it takes up to 3 seconds to do anything. None of my other programs or functions on the computer exhibit anything like this. I can click the start menu, and all the things there work near instantly. Only issue at all is with FF. Its worked so great until recently...:confused:

Belmont31R
03-20-11, 17:10
Someone PM'd me and suggested I download FF 4.0 Beta. I just did, and its back to working fast with a new UI.

Try it if you're having any issues with 3.XXX

sl4mdaddy
03-21-11, 06:55
Firefox has been a dog for a while now...locking up on some sites (CNN is one...) and it crashes frequently when using it to access some of our internal devices via web interface.

Chrome seems to be better and somewhat faster at times as it opens multiple processes when it runs.

Belmont31R
03-23-11, 18:28
Alright after a few days of using FF 4.0 I downloaded chrome earlier today. 4.0 started having the same issues as 3.XX listed above. Text lagging to keep up, linking issues, generally lagging.

Chrome appears to be pretty quick.

HES
03-23-11, 21:12
Maybe it's related to your 'puter? Have you checked out the driver for your video card? Im running 4.0 and its purring like a kitten for me.

sl4mdaddy
03-24-11, 06:49
D/L'ed FF4 yesterday and it seems to be better than 3.x, even with an internal application web interface which crashed FF3.x on a regular basis.

We'll see...

variablebinary
03-24-11, 06:52
Why aren't you using Chrome?

I tried Firefox4, and went back to Chrome within a couple of hours.

sadmin
03-24-11, 08:41
I never thought I would say it but IE9 is my fall-back to Chrome now. IE being leaner than FF must mean we are approaching end times.

variablebinary
03-24-11, 08:49
I never thought I would say it but IE9 is my fall-back to Chrome now. IE being leaner than FF must mean we are approaching end times.

I have to admit, IE9 is pretty slick.