PDA

View Full Version : For All the CZ fans

jc75754
03-20-11, 18:28
This = want

I hope that CZ usa produces a version for the civis. If they do then I will buy this as my first sbr.

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/86-armed-forces-law-enforcement/OS-AUT/CZ_SCORPION_EVO_3_A1.aspx

Find ManBearPig!
03-20-11, 18:35
This = want

I hope that CZ usa produces a version for the civis. If they do then I will buy this as my first sbr.

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/86-armed-forces-law-enforcement/OS-AUT/CZ_SCORPION_EVO_3_A1.aspx

Screw that, if I can have a full-auto CZ SBR, I want one that takes P-Mags! :p

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/86-armed-forces-law-enforcement/OS-AUT/CZ_805_BREN_A2.aspx

jc75754
03-20-11, 18:45
Screw that, if I can have a full-auto CZ SBR, I want one that takes P-Mags! :p

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/86-armed-forces-law-enforcement/OS-AUT/CZ_805_BREN_A2.aspx

I thought it looked like a CZ version of the SCAR.

I like the Bren as well but was thinking the evo would be an awsome
9mm sbr

Find ManBearPig!
03-20-11, 18:48
I thought it looked like a CZ version of the SCAR.

I like the Bren as well but was thinking the evo would be an awsome
9mm sbr

If I had either one, honestly, I would be quite happy. :D

SteyrAUG
03-20-11, 18:50
Amazing they made a UMP and a SCAR.

:laugh:

ZRH
03-21-11, 01:31
I like how it has a bayonet mounted in the promo photo. I wanna go on a bayonet charge with my 26" SMG. >.>

The CZ SCORPION EVO 3 A1 submachine gun in cal. 9x19 is all-purpose, light automatic small arm of the PDW category.
I thought PDWs weren't SMGs because they fired proprietary ammo o.O

jc75754
03-21-11, 10:18
I whish that they would make this in 7.62x25. It would be awsome. I feel the same way about the bayonet. Why do manufacturers continue to make bayonet attachments?

Silvanus
03-21-11, 13:46
Why do manufacturers continue to make bayonet attachments?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/6178044/British-officer-wins-two-gallantry-awards-for-fending-off-Taliban-attack-with-bayonet.html

SteyrAUG
03-21-11, 13:54
I like how it has a bayonet mounted in the promo photo. I wanna go on a bayonet charge with my 26" SMG. >.>

I thought PDWs weren't SMGs because they fired proprietary ammo o.O

MP5KPDW fires 9mm. The Micro and Mini Uzi are often considered PDWs and are 9mm as well. Same for the B&T TP9.

PDW is just a term and not everyone subscribes to the same definitions. Kinda like how the Russians deem the AKS74U a SMG despite being chambered for 5.45x39.

SteyrAUG
03-21-11, 13:59
I whish that they would make this in 7.62x25. It would be awsome. I feel the same way about the bayonet. Why do manufacturers continue to make bayonet attachments?

Bayonets can be critical to mindset in combat.

When you finally arrive at the point where you feel it is necessary to attach one to your rifle, it is an affirmation of "This is how ****ed I am" and it reinforces that the game is now "all or nothing" so you better get your head right.

jc75754
03-21-11, 20:00
Bayonets can be critical to mindset in combat.

When you finally arrive at the point where you feel it is necessary to attach one to your rifle, it is an affirmation of "This is how ****ed I am" and it reinforces that the game is now "all or nothing" so you better get your head right.

That makes sense. I just thought that it was kind of a relic, but the Brit made good use of it.

ZRH
03-21-11, 20:31

yellowcarbon
03-23-11, 19:09
Bayonets can be very useful when used in civil unrest or prisoner control. It makes a person less likely to charge at the person holding the gun.

And yes, I would take either the 9mm or 5.56 version of the CZ rifles as long as they keep the price reasonable. I already have a VZ58 that I love.

dudley2112
03-23-11, 20:23
considering theyre making them in the Czech Rep atm if they come out with a civie version we'll prob see it up here before you guys do :D as a massive CZ groupie i would sign over my first born for the BREN/805

Packman73
03-23-11, 20:24

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/6178044/British-officer-wins-two-gallantry-awards-for-fending-off-Taliban-attack-with-bayonet.html

That dude is going to get a ton of chicks.

RAM Engineer
03-23-11, 20:48
I'm surprised any company is still wasting money developing SMGs. Do organizations still buy them?

SteyrAUG
03-23-11, 23:21
I'm surprised any company is still wasting money developing SMGs. Do organizations still buy them?

European law enforcement for one.

While people have no problem with regular cops walking through the airport with slung MP5s the idea that they might fire a 5.56 round within the city limits (not to mention inside the airport) would be appalling to them.

Gotta remember cops there only recently got upgraded to 9mm from 7.65mm in the 80s.

Also there is still a special application for SMGs since they suppress better than a 5.56 carbine. Now that practical carbines are finally available in SMG sizes and weights, the SMG has a limited, specialization similar to armor piercing caliber PDW weapons.

Silvanus
03-24-11, 09:26

I was wondering about that too...

SteyrAUG has a point... but I think the reason that most regular police officers carry MP5s instead of 5.56 carbines has less to do with being afraid of the cartridge and more with the fact that there are thousands of MP5s still in stock. And they undoubtedly work (the gun and caliber). Equipping every LEO with a new rifle would be kinda expensive... (weapons, training, ammo, ect.) Besides, "people" wouldnīt notice the difference between a G36c in 5.56 for example and an MP5. Most would probably think the 9mm is more powerful since itīs "bigger" ;)

Most SWAT-like units in Europe already substituted their SMGs with 5.56 carbines (or are in the process of doing that).

SteyrAUG
03-24-11, 17:28
I was wondering about that too...

SteyrAUG has a point... but I think the reason that most regular police officers carry MP5s instead of 5.56 carbines has less to do with being afraid of the cartridge and more with the fact that there are thousands of MP5s still in stock. And they undoubtedly work (the gun and caliber). Equipping every LEO with a new rifle would be kinda expensive... (weapons, training, ammo, ect.) Besides, "people" wouldnīt notice the difference between a G36c in 5.56 for example and an MP5. Most would probably think the 9mm is more powerful since itīs "bigger" ;)

Most SWAT-like units in Europe already substituted their SMGs with 5.56 carbines (or are in the process of doing that).

That is just what I remember from my time there in the 80s. The average German begrudgingly accepted 9mm (most handguns used to be 7.65mm) due to acts of terrorism in the 70/80s. But they thought American cops were psycho killers for packing .45s and .357 magnums. Interestingly enough, the one that really got them was the 12 ga pump as a standard issue police weapon.

It was an interesting shooting culture where suppressors were considered the mark of a courteous shooter and large caliber weapons were the mark of a serial killer. They were also amazed at the kinds of military style semi autos that were available to US shooters. IIRC they could not buy a HK91 like US shooters could and had a very neutered version of the HK41 available to them. Zeiss scopes also weren't any cheaper in Germany.

Silvanus
03-25-11, 05:08
Times have changed a little, regarding the armament of LE agencies and how the public perceives that (they donīt care). But the fear of shotguns is still valid though:sarcastic: Donīt know where that ever came from...

Fortunately every country in Europe has itīs own laws about firearms and weīre not all as limited as the Germans are (or were, their laws have improved too) :)

Sorry for the off-topic discussion, I know this thread is about the CZ carbines... I would love to see the 5.56 Scar-looking carbine hit the civilian market, but I suppose they are busy building them for the army right now...

bm176
03-27-11, 22:12
oh boy, that will be sweet if they bring it over to our shores. they will be releasing the semi auto version, at least in czech. designation "Scorpion Evo 3 s1". judging by this pic i saved a while back, thumbhole stock and looks to be 16" plus barrel. hope cz usa will offer this to us soon:)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/kadiindo/laugo3oc-1.png

TOrrock
03-27-11, 22:19
oh boy, that will be sweet if they bring it over to our shores. they will be releasing the semi auto version, at least in czech. designation "Scorpion Evo 3 s1". judging by this pic i saved a while back, thumbhole stock and looks to be 16" plus barrel. hope cz usa will offer this to us soon:)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/kadiindo/laugo3oc-1.png

If they did, it would have to come in like the HK USC, with a neutered magazine well that would only accept a single stack magazine holding no more than 10 rounds.

bm176
03-27-11, 22:46
your right, its sad but thats the way things are. will still purchase one if ever offered and at a reasonable price