PDA

View Full Version : M&P with Silencerco Osprey in kydex holster?

couch_potato
03-21-11, 06:00
Anybody use a Kydex holster that allows the M&P (.45 ACP or 9mm Luger) to be holstered with an Osprey can attached? How's that working out for you?

Corse
04-24-11, 10:33
I take it you have one of their suppressors, how do you like it?

Pax
04-24-11, 12:07
Few Kydex holsters feature openings at the muzzle end that are the size of the slide and frame. That is, few would work. I dont want to say that none do, because there's undoubtedly some holster out there that does. However I know of none. I doubt anyone here is using such a specific setup, it's possible but I doubt it.

A couple custom Kydex manufacturers are represented here on M4C and they may be able to help you. Raven Concealment Systems and Personal Security Holsters could both do the work, I imagine. If not, Kydex is fairly easy to work with and there's nothing stopping you from making it yourself.

couch_potato
04-26-11, 19:40
I have 3 of their cans: Osprey in 9mm and .45 ACP, and the Sparrow. I like them. Macnining quality is excellent, and very quiet--especially with subs.

Disclaimer: I am not any kind of armed professional.

Steve S.
04-26-11, 23:29
Few Kydex holsters feature openings at the muzzle end that are the size of the slide and frame. That is, few would work. I dont want to say that none do, because there's undoubtedly some holster out there that does. However I know of none. I doubt anyone here is using such a specific setup, it's possible but I doubt it.

A couple custom Kydex manufacturers are represented here on M4C and they may be able to help you. Raven Concealment Systems and Personal Security Holsters could both do the work, I imagine. If not, Kydex is fairly easy to work with and there's nothing stopping you from making it yourself.

Thanks for the plug, Pax. I've been working on a supressor capable holster for awhile. I'll post a picture of the prototypes in the next couple days when I find where we put them. We've got them in T&E and shopping some materials needed for the system to work.

We were being tight lipped and looking into a patent - but decided that if someone can do it better than us - then that's great. It's a very niche market, so there's not a whole lot of appeal for companies to invest time into a design, but i'll get pics and details of how we are making it work. If anyone wants to take it from there to better the firearm holster market - be my guest. I don't have a hard date for when they will be available either. Soon I hope.

It actually ended up being a lot harder to make then I had originally imagined...