PDA

View Full Version : Glock PM's

VA_Dinger
08-10-06, 11:16
When do you guys change out any springs on your Glocks? I remember reading something about Glock recommending every five thousand rounds. I know we have all read about Glocks going through huge round counts with no maintenance for cleaning, I'm just curious and prefer to do it the right way.

When is a good round count / time frame to start changing mag springs?

55Kingpin
08-10-06, 21:29
I'm not sure of any round counts that are recommended by Glock, but I've heard that if you go to a GSSF event an armorer there will replace any broken or worn parts (including ALL springs) on the spot, for FREE!

Membership is $35/year or $90/ 3 years and $175 ? for a lifetime. If you own a few Glocks, I think it's definitely worth the price of admission, YMMV.

I sent in my paperwork yesterday.

VA_Dinger
08-10-06, 23:07
I'm not sure of any round counts that are recommended by Glock, but I've heard that if you go to a GSSF event an armorer there will replace any broken or worn parts (including ALL springs) on the spot, for FREE!

Membership is $35/year or $90/ 3 years and $175 ? for a lifetime. If you own a few Glocks, I think it's definitely worth the price of admission, YMMV.

I sent in my paperwork yesterday.

Thats a great idea.

Is the GSSF holding an event in Virginia this year?

55Kingpin
08-10-06, 23:56
Dinger,

Don't think so.....check out www.gssfonline.com

The closest ones to me are in Lexington, KY and Atlanta, GA. I'm in the SW part of VA.

I'm also not exactly sure how one would go about hosting a GSSF event in a particular state. Like I said, I just sent in my membership forms yesterday (I've been meaning to join, and GotM4 pushed me over the edge with the "LE prices for Glocks" thread....Thanks again GotM4).

I believe at one time there were matches held in VA, but I'm not 100% certain.

ETA: I checked out the page a little more and it looks like one can send in a request to host a match......It looks as though they prefer "clubs" or formal shooting ranges though. I doubt my backyard would get approved. :D

Robb Jensen
08-11-06, 03:34
There used to be annual GSSF matches at Cavalier Gun Club in Montpelier VA (West of Richmond).

I replace my recoil spring every 5K. And every other spring every 10K. My Glocks never jam. YMMV.

VA_Dinger
08-11-06, 04:10
There used to be annual GSSF matches at Cavalier Gun Club in Montpelier VA (West of Richmond).

Thats the GSSF match I remember. What happened to it?

I have a couple of co-workers who are Cavalier members so I get to shoot their once a month or so. Damn nice range.

HotRod9mm
08-14-06, 22:27
Glock has never taken a "Need/When to" change out springs. At one Glock armorers course I attended the instructor stated the unofficial recommendation was about every 4 years and that included mag springs. The instructor at that class setup and wrote the original Glock armorers manual. He is now retired from Glock and instructs armorers classes part time for anyone wanting to have an unofficial armorers course. The last course I attentened, they recommended you replace them at about 5k.

The GSSF match is a good idea for free maintenance. You don't need to be a GSSF member, to have the factory armorer go through your gun.

VA_Dinger
08-15-06, 10:57
Thanks Hotrod, it's always nice to have one of theee Glock experts around. :)