PDA

View Full Version : Paragon 6/VSM in Colorado Springs *Edited with more course info*

RancidSumo
03-22-11, 18:15
The weekend of August 26-28th will be a 1-day VSM Basic pistol followed by a two-day Paragon 6 applied pistol. The next weekend, September 2-4th is open at this point. If enough people are interested in a class other than the pistol offering and would like to take it on the second, we will have whichever course gets the most interest at that time. All of them are taught by Stony Smith but only the basic carbine and pistol courses carry the VSM name.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn285/RancidSumo/Paragon6.jpg

Anthony “Stony” Smith is a graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point. During his military career, he was an Airborne Ranger in the U.S. Army and served in 2nd Ranger Battalion.

He worked for nearly seven years on personal security details (PSD) in Iraq, to include being on the detail assigned to protect the United States ambassador to Iraq. In addition to those duties, he provided training to his PSD teammates in weapon skills and PSD tactics, techniques, and procedures.

Through his efforts to continuously maintain and improve his skills, he has received well over one thousand hours of formal firearms and tactics instruction. He has trained under some of the world’s best combat firearms instructors, and was selected to be one of the Regional Endorsed Instructors (REI) in the Vickers Shooting Method (VSM) as taught by Larry Vickers.

Stony’s real-world experience in a high-threat environment, coupled with his military background and extensive training, gives him a unique blend of skill sets. He founded Paragon 6 Consulting to be a leader and role-model in security consulting and tactical firearms instruction.
Instructor: Anthony “Stony” Smith, VSM Instructor

Class dates: August 26-28 and September 2-4

Cost: $200 (one day classes), $175 per day (multi day classes) Range fee ($10) is included in the cost of the course

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn285/RancidSumo/VSM.jpg

Classes- VSM Basic Pistol (1-day)/Paragon 6 Applied Pistol 1 (2-day)- August 26-28

The weekend of September 2-4 is open for any course below if it gets enough interest.

-VSM Basic Carbine (1 or 2 day)
-VSM Basic Pistol and Carbine (3 day) The best value for a basic level student who wants to learn both pistol and carbine.
-Applied Carbine 1 (2 days) See above
-Integrated Pistol/Carbine 1 (3 days)

Additionally, Stony Smith will be available during the weekdays between the classes for private or small group lessons.

If you would like to attend the pistol class, let me know. Additionally, if you would be interested in a carbine class the second weekend (labor day weekend), one again let me know. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. You can contact me via PM on this site or by email at wbentley@mines.edu.

www.paragon6.net

www.vickerstactical.com

RancidSumo
04-07-11, 14:09
Bumping this to the top now that the announcement is back up.

stony275
05-14-11, 04:30
I'd like to clarify that if a student signs up for Basic Pistol and the Applied Pistol 1 class, they pay the multi-day rate of $175/day for both classes and not $200 for Basic and $175/day for Applied Pistol.

They will receive two certificates.

Basic Pistol is a prerequisite for Applied Pistol 1.