PDA

View Full Version : Greetings...

fenderjohn
03-22-11, 19:08
I'm a newbie to the boards here and I'm looking for some advice. I'm thinking (very strongly) of purchasing an AR-15/ M-4 carbine, and I thought i could get some input here.
First off, it will be a toy/ target shooter, I won't be defending my life or my loved ones with it...I hope.
I'm familar w/ the Ar-15 family, as i have a Colt H-bar upstairs, and lastly i want to stay with 223/5.56mm ammo. Although any expierences with .308 ammo would be welcome.
That's it for now...comments advice,...critiques welcome
John

BCmJUnKie
03-22-11, 19:14
There will be a few replies you are gonna get to your new thread. The first one will most likely be "SEARCH". There is the same exact post as yours at least twice a week....so there is already plenty of advice/critiques/tips and tricks. Check out the custom build forum...there is a shit ton

C-grunt
03-22-11, 19:20
What kind of target shooting are you talking about? A 100 yard gun and a 600 yard gun are gonna be a bit different.

Also remember that a top tier rifle can be purchased for basically the same price as a lower grade rifle. BCM rifles and the basic Daniel Defense rifles can be had for under 1000 dollars. Both of these rifles are made correctly and can be considered "battle ready" incase you ever decide to use it as a primary defense weapon.

Iraqgunz
03-22-11, 23:25
Is there any reason why you can't use your HBAR? With a little work it would be GTG.

You could also simply get a good upper, swap stocks and then you would be GTG as well.