PDA

View Full Version : Wiggy's Insulated Poncho

Armati
03-22-11, 19:29
Anyone know anything about these:

http://wiggys.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=252

For about the same price I was wondering if this might be a better bet than the Kifaru Woobie.

Seeing as how it has a head hole and hood it might make a more versatile GP item in bug out bag.

VooDoo6Actual
03-23-11, 23:44
I cannot say for their poncho.

I have a Super light that a frog buddy turned me onto that completely rocks. Got it soaked this past weekend in an unexpected downpour. I suffered not and keep me warm even with it was wet.

good kit.

awm14hp
03-24-11, 09:00
make some good stuff I had the old school poncho liner from them I love it. Good Gear for sure

Ironman8
03-24-11, 09:40
I don't have experience with either, but from reading about it, it would seem that either would do well with warmth, but the kirafu might pack down smaller...

HOPLOETHOS, what's the "super light"?

I've been looking for something like the kirafu for tarp camping where I don't want a sleeping bag, but I'm not quite ready to spend that kind of money on it...

VooDoo6Actual
03-24-11, 10:37
Ironman,

http://wiggys.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=64

Tortuga
03-24-11, 10:49
make some good stuff I had the old school poncho liner from them I love it.

Ditto on their poncho liner. I have three of them to make sure I always have one close.

Yellow dog gives a huge paws up for their dog bed. It's been her favorite.

Ironman8
03-24-11, 12:25
Thanks HOP

Iraq Ninja
03-24-11, 13:44
Wiggy's stuff is generally good to go, and he is a bit of a character to say the least.

I think his insulated poncho is a good idea, but possibly not as GP as I would want. It doesn't say how much it weighs or how bulky it is. I suspect it is about the same as a USGI poncho liner. If you are pulling sentry duty in the cold, it is an option. I prefer my Wild Things Happy Suit for such work (cheaper on Ebay).

Not my idea for something to sleep in though. A good sleep system is a personal priority for me for many reasons.

I got a superlight and the outer bag as well. While it is a bit bulky and heavy, it holds up well. My biggest gripe is the lack of a neck baffle. The temperature range is a bit to wishful IMHO.

Personally, I am looking at the kifaru bags for a lighter and more compact sleep system. I love my kifaru woobie as my default poncho style liner.